Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rede
CC Veteran

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15

Post by Rede »

SKYO wrote:Would any of you trade Horvat + for Johansen?
If you target Johansen, it becomes a log-jam at C with a roster also consisting of Hank, Sutter, Horvat and McCann for the next 3 seasons. Unless you're going to move Sutter to the wing permanently you almost have to move one... but I'm not sure I like trading young and inexpensive character guy for another guy who has already had a contract dispute and has fitness concerns.

If you're starting with Sutter+ I'm listening of course, but CBJ likely isn't unless it's Torts' call... and Sutter probably wants none of that anyways with his NTC. (I recall a lot of talk in the offseason about Sutter not wanting to move around so much.)

Also... we may have a serious shot at winning the Matthews sweepstakes at this rate... so if I'm thinking about targeting Johansen it's probably not til after the draft lottery.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:IF Lucic wants to come to Vancity, it'll happen.

Would any of you trade Horvat + for Johansen?

Ryan Johansen - 6'3, 223lbs, 23 yrs old, right handed shot whose already cracked 70 points in a season and he's from Vancouver?

Sedin
Johansen
Sutter
McCann

When Sedins retire in a few years, Johansen would only be 26 years old for our #1 center with McCann #2.
I wouldn't touch Johansen right now. Too many rumoured off-ice issues.

Granted, he's now playing for Torts the Destroyer, but health issues away from hockey, and whatever else.....pass for now. Especially because Johansen would cost MORE than just Bo.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

as Hirsch note, Johansen needs to grow up.

This has Zach problem child written all over it. I'm sure Blobby will chime in and list the # of coaches he's had through his career as the issue.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Canucks don't have the assets to pull off the trade .

Columbus would want Tanev which would open up a huge hole on the blue line . Robbing Peter to pay Paul basically . Stay the course and play for the pick .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Would any of you trade Horvat + for Johansen?

Ryan Johansen - 6'3, 223lbs, 23 yrs old, right handed shot whose already cracked 70 points in a season and he's from Vancouver?
Of course you would. Horvat has been dog shit this season if you had hopes for him being a high-upside player. For all we know he might be a bust who is nothing more than a journeyman center. Why the fuck would Columbus do that? Tanev is all we have that can land top-tier talent.
Unless you're going to move Sutter to the wing permanently you almost have to move one... but I'm not sure I like trading young and inexpensive character guy for another guy who has already had a contract dispute and has fitness concerns.
When they're in their early 20s I will take a guy with fitness concerns over talent concerns any day.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Massive red flags regarding Johansen. Health issues regarding his heart, lazy, poor diet, overweight, off ice issues, poor preparation, lack of dedication. Stay the fuck away
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

RoyalDude wrote:Massive red flags regarding Johansen. Health issues regarding his heart, lazy, poor diet, overweight, off ice issues, poor preparation, lack of dedication. Stay the fuck away
Stay the fuck away from a 1C? LOL
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Massive red flags regarding Johansen. Health issues regarding his heart, lazy, poor diet, overweight, off ice issues, poor preparation, lack of dedication. Stay the fuck away
A poor diet ? Really ?? This is coming from a guy who used to eat most of his meals in the Downtown Eastside. That's rich Pacific Blue . I can remember you raving about all the good meals you used to enjoy at the Patricia .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Since 2013-14 (when Johansen became a 1C) he's averaged almost the same PPG as Henrik, and has a higher GPG. The guy is a legit 1C and he's only 23 years old. But hey, RD says let's stay away from him so I guess it's best to continue picking from the bottom of the barrel.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

As long as RyJo doesn't have a drug addiction, a team can easily get their trainers/chefs to whip a player into shape.

And as a backup plan, all the canucks gotta do is draft his bro Marcus and they'll push each other to eat right/workout. :P
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:As long as RyJo doesn't have a drug addiction...
Are you insinuating Pauser has a drug addiction?? :shock:

ARE YOU??!! :evil:

Butt seriously, something's rotten in Columbus...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

They should keep RyJo and shitcan Torts before it's too late. I hear he's attending practices this year though, so I guess that's a plus. :lol:

So hilarious that little piece of shit has the stones to question someone else's professional commitment.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: So hilarious that little piece of shit has the stones to question someone else's professional commitment.
:lol:

Yup...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Me thinks Johsnsens heart scare messed with his head as it would for a lot of people and so the drive may not be there as much as it was when he was tearing it up. It's an interesting scenario to say the least that reminds me of when Seguin was having issues with Boston party scene. Stars took the gamble and won but it could have gone as similarly as Mike Richards/Zack Kassian. In the end Seguin needed the wake up call via a trade. Could work similarity with Johsnsen but this is more about health affecting a player than party town
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

With JD unequivocally backing up Torts on this....
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.