Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

I busted my collar bone in Jr high playing football. Two plays after the hit I felt the bones displace. McHeyZues is hailed as a hero for picking up his carbon fibre stick. LOL. 6 weeks in a brace and back at it. The closer the break is to either end of the bone (especially the should socket end) the worse it could be.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

vic wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Chiarelli said today he will undergo surgery today and will be out "months". Some speculate this is a 4-5 month injury recovery time.
I wonder if this is because it's more than just a regular broken collarbone or if they just don't want to take any chances...
I hear they are putting in a plate to let it heal faster. Collar bones usually don't fit back together very well, so surgery makes sure the pieces all fit nicely, and heal faster.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Topper wrote:I busted my collar bone in Jr high playing football. Two plays after the hit I felt the bones displace. McHeyZues is hailed as a hero for picking up his carbon fibre stick. LOL.
Early in the 2003 Tour de France, Tyler Hamilton crashed and broke his collarbone. He got up and finished the stage. He also finished the Tour. He also finished 4th.

I'm also getting weary of "Connor McDavid did something of minor significance" news stories.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:I busted my collar bone in Jr high playing football. Two plays after the hit I felt the bones displace. McHeyZues is hailed as a hero for picking up his carbon fibre stick. LOL. 6 weeks in a brace and back at it. The closer the break is to either end of the bone (especially the should socket end) the worse it could be.
I broke a finger playing football in high school.

Didn't show it to the trainer, didn't miss any action, never had it set, never went to a doc.

To this day that finger is still as bent as Todd in the principal's office.

I played Safety btw.... and I fucking destroyed people. :D

Spearing was legal and QB's were fair game.

True story: One time a QB flipped me the ball for a TD because he didn't want to get obliterated again. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:I busted my collar bone in Jr high playing football. Two plays after the hit I felt the bones displace. McHeyZues is hailed as a hero for picking up his carbon fibre stick. LOL. 6 weeks in a brace and back at it. The closer the break is to either end of the bone (especially the should socket end) the worse it could be.
I broke a finger playing football in high school.

Didn't show it to the trainer, didn't miss any action, never had it set, never went to a doc.

To this day that finger is still as bent as Todd in the principal's office.

I played Safety btw.... and I fucking destroyed people. :D

Spearing was legal and QB's were fair game.

True story: One time a QB flipped me the ball for a TD because he didn't want to get obliterated again. :lol:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I once played soccer so hung over, well half the team played hung over since we had a soccer party the night before.

we came out, we lost and we didn't make the front of local newspaper. I guess we were just not famous enough?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote:

No one's fault says I, speed kills...
Cherry was livid on Coach's Corner tonight (first two minutes)...

“Dummies like you (Ron MacLean) don’t realize that Connor McDavid was hurt on purpose! They’re (Manning and Del Zotto) both looking at him and they drive him into the boards! Now the league can’t do anything about it because you can’t prove it… because they don’t know either… but hockey guys like me know that they drove him into the boards!”

LOL, wake up Don, they're the Flyboys now, not the Broad Street Bullies.

True though, MacLean is still a dummie....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A lot of people in Edmonton were upset too. I think he is right in that the Flyers made sure he hit the the boards hard but they weren't trying to injure him. And it is a hockey play. Happens every game when you finish a check or make sure a guy knows you are there.

Enough of McJesus should be untouchable. He caught an edge, he fell into the boards, both Flyers made sure he hit the boards hard. Get over it Don.
The only HW the Canucks need
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Abdelkader signs 7 years x $4.25 million per

I guess he's a top-line winger for the Wings? Deal takes him to age 36...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ESQ wrote:Abdelkader signs 7 years x $4.25 million per

I guess he's a top-line winger for the Wings? Deal takes him to age 36...
And he's 2 years older than Sutter, oh I went there. :o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yuck what a bad contract for Detroit . Same as Sutter I have no idea why a guy like this is getting a nmc. Or seven years length.......Jesus Christ .Due to the length this contract might be worse than Brandon Sutters .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sutter is two years younger and his contract is two years shorter,
deuces.

--

Burrows thanks Landeskog as he smokes Marchand and takes away the attention off him.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/vid ... ands-head/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

SKYO wrote:Burrows thanks Landeskog as he smokes Marchand and takes away the attention off him.

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2015/11/12/vid ... ands-head/
Ah yes, the Brad Marchand pirouette.

Fuck that guy.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Rayxor
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rayxor »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yuck what a bad contract for Detroit . Same as Sutter I have no idea why a guy like this is getting a nmc. Or seven years length.......Jesus Christ .Due to the length this contract might be worse than Brandon Sutters .
Are contracts like this and some of Bennings designed to prevent them from being snatched up in an expansion draft? Make sure that your unprotected players are not the cheapest option available?

I dont know the specific rules of a future expansion draft, but if that's the case, Benning is a smart guy.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Rayxor wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yuck what a bad contract for Detroit . Same as Sutter I have no idea why a guy like this is getting a nmc. Or seven years length.......Jesus Christ .Due to the length this contract might be worse than Brandon Sutters .
Are contracts like this and some of Bennings designed to prevent them from being snatched up in an expansion draft? Make sure that your unprotected players are not the cheapest option available?

I dont know the specific rules of a future expansion draft, but if that's the case, Benning is a smart guy.
Lol?
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society