Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Hockey Widow »

Patrick Kane's accuser announces, through her lawyer, that she no longer is prepared to cooperate with investigation. Doubtful any charges will be laid. Looks like this is over for Kane. Speculation now rampant that an out of court settlement was reached although Kane side strongly deny this is the case. Maintain his innocence and that the facts are what cleared him. No choice now but to give Kane the benefit of the doubt.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I was at the Oiler's game last night and you could literally feel the life was sucked out of the building when McDavid never came back for the 3rd.
It's totally understandable why they put all of their eggs in one basket, but it's awfully dangerous having all of your hopes and dreams resting on one pair of shoulders.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
jackalman
CC Veteran

Post by jackalman »

Hearing that mcdavid has a broken collar bone. Out 7 to 12 weeks.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I was at the Oiler's game last night and you could literally feel the life was sucked out of the building when McDavid never came back for the 3rd.
It's totally understandable why they put all of their eggs in one basket, but it's awfully dangerous having all of your hopes and dreams resting on one pair of shoulders.
Even though it is the Coil I do not like to see this kid hurt. He seems like a good kid and I like to watch him play
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

jackalman wrote:Hearing that mcdavid has a broken collar bone. Out 7 to 12 weeks.
That is hard luck for the kid, but it looked like it could have been much worse. He'll be back in time to help the Oilers and ruin their chances of getting another top draft choice.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Chiarelli said today he will undergo surgery today and will be out "months". Some speculate this is a 4-5 month injury recovery time.
The only HW the Canucks need
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Hockey Widow wrote:Chiarelli said today he will undergo surgery today and will be out "months". Some speculate this is a 4-5 month injury recovery time.
I wonder if this is because it's more than just a regular broken collarbone or if they just don't want to take any chances...

IIRC - Patrick Kane came back after missing less than 8 weeks from the same injury last year...

Or they're looking to trade the Nuge and start next year with a McDavid - Matthews 1-2 punch down the middle.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Chiarelli said today he will undergo surgery today and will be out "months". Some speculate this is a 4-5 month injury recovery time.
So most of the season.

Tough break for McDavid. Feel sorry for the kid, he deserves better.....he also deserved better than being drafted by the Oilers.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

vic wrote:
I wonder if this is because it's more than just a regular broken collarbone or if they just don't want to take any chances...

IIRC - Patrick Kane came back after missing less than 8 weeks from the same injury last year...

Or they're looking to trade the Nuge and start next year with a McDavid - Matthews 1-2 punch down the middle.
Nuge for Edler + Higgins?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Watch them get Austin Matthews now too
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Hockey Widow wrote:Kopitar takes butt end to the face by Reeves, out with upper body injury. NHL calling it an inadvertent head shot, whatever that means.

http://video.kings.nhl.com/videocenter/ ... 60&lang=en
Anyone who has played any hockey ever could tell you that was an accidentally on purpose move. Just like Steckel's elbow on Crosby that started all of his problems.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Benjo wrote:Watch them get Austin Matthews now too
Pfft, Auston just hurt his back and is out for weeks.

Damaged goods now! :mex:
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

That d-bag always overestimates everything. That way, when McJesus comes back early, he is tougher.

Makes a better story for the newsies
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I feel bad for the Oilers. They rarely get high draft picks because their management over the last decade plays to win and they have never won any Stanley cups, really feel for the fans of Edmonton.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

RoyalDude wrote:I feel bad for the Oilers. They rarely get high draft picks because their management over the last decade plays to win and they have never won any Stanley cups, really feel for the fans of Edmonton.
LOL I will definitely be using that one around these parts Dude.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.