Original Six League!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you Support an NHLPA led Stars League?

Yes
No votes
No
81%
Dont Care
19%

Total votes: 16

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Original Six League!

Post by mattola »

the Original Six league is rumored to be starting to get some hockey players playing in North America. Teams have been drafted (not posted yet however some Canucks have gone to Boston and some to Toronto).

my question is why the hell should we pay for this and support these players when they are in a lockout with the NHL?

Would you watch this product on TV generating revenue that would go to these players?

Would you go to a game if a tour came through your city?

I at first (start of the negotiations) thought I would. not now. no way do I support something that was created as a result of taking my NHL season away.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

I am forced to agree wit hMatty on this one. I support the Canucks. Not the players.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
rblight
AHL Prospect

Post by rblight »

Hell no. The players can solve the NHL issue, and until then they can suffer without any support from me. (Because I'm so important... :lol: )
David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You like Coldplay.
Ktulu
AHL Prospect

Post by Ktulu »

NO. The PA won't get one penny from me or any other form of support.
NeoCanuck
AHL Prospect

Post by NeoCanuck »

Hey, Id rather support the Canucks Players, Noone Else. If Morrison, Jovo etc are in it, Ill support THEM, Noone else.
Get Your Towels Out Boys!

What Would Happen If The Toronto Raptors Broadcaster Started Doing Canucks Games?

NASLUND DEKES, SCORES!!! THAT WAS SICK, WICKED AND NASTY!!
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

I thnk you guys are talking about the OSHL? The only Canucks involved that I remember were Dan Cloutier and Brian Allen. They do have a website though, I think it's www.oshl.ca. I'd watch them if they were televised, it's supposed to be 4-on-4 hockey, but they're all in the eastern hemisphere so even if I wanted to buy a ticket I couldn't.
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

Forget it. I think us fans should stay away and not support any of the players until they're back playing in the NHL. The only way we have a voice in all of this (until the NHLFA gets to 75,000 members) is with our wallets... give them money some other way and they're not going to be interested in going back to the table.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

It sounds like a Disney tour on ice that comes around every year, I won't waste my money on a exibition tour!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

You all sound so thoughtless. How do you expect these poor bastards to keep up their Ferrari payments? You got them into this mess. You supported their inflated salaries and now you just want to cut them dry? Do realize what this could do to the little people - the resort owners on the French Riviera - the Italian suit industry - the caviar suppliers?

How can not support this league of money junkies? All they're asking for is enough money to so they don't have to lay of their maids and personal valets.

You heartless SOB's
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Hold on Vegas, if they want to go on a Disney tour on ice then that's fine with me. All I am saying is I wouldn't spend my money on it!

I'll keep watching the real and best hockey league, the WHL!
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

It sounds like a Disney tour on ice that comes around every year
Didn't they make a movie about that? A touring hockey team.. It was kinda like the globetrotters on ice... It had a Baldwin in it.. And Dave Babych..
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Vegas_Nucks_Fan wrote:You all sound so thoughtless. How do you expect these poor bastards to keep up their Ferrari payments? You got them into this mess. You supported their inflated salaries and now you just want to cut them dry? Do realize what this could do to the little people - the resort owners on the French Riviera - the Italian suit industry - the caviar suppliers?

How can not support this league of money junkies? All they're asking for is enough money to so they don't have to lay of their maids and personal valets.

You heartless SOB's
:lol: I say stand up for anarchy, down with the aristocracy.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

voted "Don't Care". Players and owners are both being too damned stupid.

from the looks of the first score, (16-13, Cloutier with the win), the players don't much care either.
for anyone who thought more scoring automatically makes a better game, here's proof to the contrary.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

from the looks of the first score, (16-13, Cloutier with the win), the players don't much care either.
for anyone who thought more scoring automatically makes a better game, here's proof to the contrary
But at $60 bucks a seat, (??!?!?!?), are the opinions of those who watched really the opinions that matter?
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

Madcombinepilot wrote:
for anyone who thought more scoring automatically makes a better game, here's proof to the contrary
But at $60 bucks a seat, (??!?!?!?), are the opinions of those who watched really the opinions that matter?
the owner is trying to make a profit, so i guess it makes perfect sense to him. the seats are only half-filled too. (some 2000 of 4000)