The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

Anyone catch the end of the leaves game tonight? Leaves circled around to salut the fans. They got booed off the ice. Love it. Bob Cole says, the leaves are getting an ovation from the fans. Well there are some boos, well they are getting louder now. Too funny, even he couldn't spin it to something positive. Kessel looked just done.
The only HW the Canucks need
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

Sounds like that's it for Nonis and Horachek pay the piper...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1934284/toron ... -horachek/
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Sticky wrote:Sounds like that's it for Nonis and Horachek pay the piper...

http://globalnews.ca/news/1934284/toron ... -horachek/
Nonuts Donuts is Cowtown bound & down!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, Burger boy needs to find a new career. He and Burkie shat the bed in Leaf land big time.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:Yeah, Burger boy needs to find a new career. He and Burkie shat the bed in Leaf land big time.
Yet you constantly told us what a smart hockey man he was .

Up and down like a whores pants
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

What a joke of an organization. So, now does what Darren Dreger do without his cousin in upper mgmt in TO. I guess he'll wait until Burke hires Nonis in CGY and then become the mouthpiece for that organization.

Man, Nonis signing Clarkson to that deal may rank as one of the worst of all time. dopey dope dope...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They also dismissed a significant portion of their scouting department. This may be crucial. The changes the NHL made regarding compensation for management and coaching hires could come into play.

First, they won't be able to hire anyone while that team is in the playoffs, not because of a rule change. Second, if they dohire someone who is currently under contract they will have to compensate the other team. There are some decent GM candidates who are working for other teams, and under contract past July, that they would have to wait on. Without a GM and a large portion of their scouting department gone they could be thin come draft day.

If this was us last year we would have lost picks for the Benning, WD and Lidster signings. So unless the leaves sign only people whose contracts expire July they will have to wait, and pay.

So they want Babcock, well even if the Wings are eliminated they can't sign him until July without paying compensation. No biggie, he is a coach but it sure would be nice to have him in place before the draft. Same goes for a lot of GM's

Hey MG is available, so is Torts, both still under contract with us. Come on Shanny, you know you want to.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I believe coaches are available as soon as the team is eliminated, their season is deemed over. Other Management has their season ends after the the draft.

Link

Leaves have appointed joint interm GMs
The team announced that assistant GM Kyle Dubas and director of player personnel Mark Hunter will share the GM responsibilities on an interim basis.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Meanwhile, in Toronto:
http://www.tsn.ca/video/leaves-lunch-boy ... n-1.257703

Also, how much will Chiarelli pay the leaves to be their new GM?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

According to Dreger it's a done deal. Babcock to Toronto. 8 years, $50M. Front loaded deal.

An announcement from MLSE is scheduled for 2:30 ET.

Damn. Not what I expected. Shanahan, man.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

TSN now reporting it as a done deal.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:According to Dreger it's a done deal. Babcock to Toronto. 8 years, $50M. Front loaded deal.

An announcement from MLSE is scheduled for 2:30 ET.

Damn. Not what I expected. Shanahan, man.
This is insane. Seriously, should there be a cap on hiring GMs and coaches as well?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I think the Mrs had a big say in this. The story that she had a huge say in this had me thinking that she preferred leaving Detroit so Buffalo made little sense, if one believes her input mattered. Perhaps it came down to, all things being equal, the Canadian team won.

50 million over eight years. Wow, and average of 6.25 per. That certainly sets a new standard for coaching compensation. About time.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

herb wrote:TSN now reporting it as a done deal.
8 yrs, 50 million! Babcock is a good coach, no doubt about it, but he's also not Scotty Bowman. The guy has led talent rich teams in Detroit and the Olympic team, to victory, but his teams have not been past the first round but once in the past 5 years I think. Toronto is still about throwing a lot of money at the issue...they better get drafting/developing or Babcock won't make that big a diff. Good for him for scoring the deal, but wowza!
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

Meanwhile...Todd McLellan is wishing that he let Babcock sign first