GDT: Stars @ Canucks 12/17/14 7 PM PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

GDT: Stars @ Canucks 12/17/14 7 PM PST SNET

Post by donlever »

Canucks look to end skid against Stars

1992 - 1993: When Norm Green first purchased the North Stars he was though of the savior of Minnesota hockey. However, playing at the outdated Met Center it was clear changes had to be made to keep the team afloat. Green asked the city of Bloomington to add 200 more seats to the 15,000-seat Met Center. However, when Bloomington balked Green sought other places for the North Stars to play. Although the Target Center in Minneapolis seemed like a viable alternative Norm Green seemed unreceptive as if he wanted to move the team to another market. As the season wound down the worst fear of North Stars fans would come through as it was announced the team would move to Dallas. As the talk of the move surrounded the team the North Stars struggled down the stretch missing the playoffs while finishing in fifth place with a record of 36-38-10.

STARS (11-13-5) at CANUCKS (18-10-2)

Season series: Dallas Stars goalie Kari Lehtonen made 43 saves, and forward Erik Cole had two goals in a 6-3 victory against the Vancouver Canucks on Oct. 21 at American Airlines Center. Canucks goaltender Ryan Miller was pulled after allowing five goals on 13 shots. Dallas was 3-0-0 last season, outscoring Vancouver 12-3.

Stars team scope: With Dallas in sixth place in the Central Division prior to games on Tuesday, general manager Jim Nill said he remains patient. "We were fortunate to make some moves last season that probably put us ahead of what anybody really thought, and now it all has to come together," Nill told NHL.com. The Stars defeated the New Jersey Devils 4-3 on Saturday; forward Tyler Seguin had one goal and one assist and has 38 points. Backup goalie Anders Lindback was recalled from the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League on Sunday and will start on the upcoming three-game road trip, coach Lindy Ruff said. Lindback went 3-2-0 with a 1.59 goals-against average and .946 save percentage in his past five starts for Texas.

Canucks team scope: Vancouver has been outscored 17-7 during a four-game losing streak, and coach Willie Desjardins confirmed Tuesday the Canucks will tweak their system. "We're just trying to make changes that allow us to more utilize our talent," Desjardins said. "I think certain lines are good at certain things and others have other strengths, so we want to try to maximize that with our systems with all the lines." Goalie Ryan Miller is 1-3-0 with a 4.10 goals-against average and .837 save percentage in December. In his career against Dallas, Miller is 4-4-1 with a 3.40 GAA and .877 save percentage. The Canucks confirmed Monday that rookie center Bo Horvat would not be loaned to Canada for the World Junior Championship. Horvat, 19, has one goal and five points in 17 games. "Bo Horvat has proven he can contribute to the success of the Vancouver Canucks," general manager Jim Benning told the Canucks website.

The early morning line up is professed to be:

Dank Hank Hansen

Burr Bonino Vrbata

Matthias Richardson Vey

Higgy Horvat Dorsett

Sbisa Juice

Stanton Weber

Edler Tanev

Lack
Last edited by donlever on Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Stars @ Cancuks 12/17/14 7 PM PST SNET

Post by donlever »

Dear donlever,

Thank you for your ongoing support of our team. I hope you've enjoyed what has been an exciting start to the season.

It's been several months since we last met as a group and I think it's important that we continue the conversations we began during the off-season. Your commitment to the Canucks plays a key role in our success and I'd like to invite you to a special members-only mid-season Town Hall held here at Rogers Arena. At this pre-game session, you'll get an update on the team and have the opportunity to let us know how we're doing on our goal to make your membership experience even better.

We look forward to seeing you. Details of the mid-season Town Hall can be found below. You can confirm your attendance by clicking the button below and choosing one of the available sessions. Please connect with your Account Executive if you have any questions.

Also, we recognize that some of you may not be able to attend a session so we'll be sure to capture the highlights and most important discussions and make them available at Canucks.com soon after.

Thank you again for your passionate support. I look forward to seeing you at the arena soon.

Sincerely,

Trevor Linden
President of Hockey Operations
Vancouver Canucks
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I can sell you a soap box.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Not a rose garden?
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Did I promise you one?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Do you 2 want to get a room.....

We need to see a hell of a lot less mistakes by the defence, don't pinch unless your partner is ready.

2nd line needs to get going and produce more, need a big night from them, 2 - 3 goals.

Miller needs to play better as well.

should be a win tonight so hopefully they don't blow it.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Lack is in tonight - scheduled start apparently.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote:Did I promise you one?
Never.
Reefer2 wrote:Do you 2 want to get a room.....
Why, are you and BigTuna finished?
JelloPuddingPop wrote:Lack is in tonight - scheduled start apparently.
Lack it is, OP edited.
DeLevering since 1999.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

donlever wrote: Lack it is, OP edited.
Not to be picky or anything - considering your long and storied history contributing to this GDHTMB (and the other one :D ) - but the line-ups apparently have returned to their customary form. Vrbata w/ Twins etc.

As per Team 1040 morons talking heads.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

JelloPuddingPop wrote:
donlever wrote: Lack it is, OP edited.
Not to be picky or anything - considering your long and storied history contributing to this GDHTMB (and the other one :D ) - but the line-ups apparently have returned to their customary form. Vrbata w/ Twins etc.

As per Team 1040 morons talking heads.
Yes, Donny is a major schrub but...

Ben Kuzma @benkuzma
#Canucks lines back to normal at practice: 22-33-17/20-13-14-27-15-7/51-53-36.

LOL at Canucks dot com listing Edler-Tanev as the bottom pairing...
____
Try to focus on someday.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Stars @ Canucks 12/17/14 7 PM PST SNET

Post by 5thhorseman »

Bonino line will start scoring again. These things come in waves. Have no fear children.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Could be 4-0 nucks right now...lehtonen...not lehtonanyin
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Good job by Richardson sticking up for his teammate.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Atta boy dorsett...he was pushed I tells ya..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Good first period, nice skating with lots of jump.

I see 3 goals in the 2nd period for the Canucks.