Canucks @ Leaves, 4:00 Saturday December 6, CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks @ Leaves, 4:00 Saturday December 6, CBC

Post by Meds »

Reefer2 wrote: Oh Christ, yes he won a lot of games yes I agree.
It's a relief to see that you aren't so far gone that you have started arguing with simple facts.
Is he better than Luongo yes I agree
I'm not sure who you're agreeing with here because nobody asked that question recently. But good to know you think he's better than Luongo, because.....
Reefer2 wrote: GAA 33rd in the league.

SV% 38th in the league.

What does that tell you?
That tells me you haven't really thought much about this because when you quote those stats (which are wrong btw, but I'll get to that later) immediately after saying he's better than Luongo, you really do paint yourself as a [mod edit] Luongo has a SV% of .925, and a GAA of 2.37, which settles him into 7th and 12th respectively, among goaltenders with 10 or more games played. That's much better than what you are crediting to Miller.

And the part where you are wrong.....among starting goaltenders (10 games or more), Miller is 23rd in GAA and 32nd in SV%.
Reefer2 wrote: Do I think he is a bad goalie no? Do I think he is worth $6M ... a big hell no.
So who would you say IS worth $6M?
Reefer2 wrote: Do I think he has done a good job in Vancouver? with his wins I would say yes, does he give the team confidence? I guess he does. Grant Fuhr (or someone else) once said you don't need the best stats you just need to stop 1 less goal then the other goalie. I agree with this but Miller is proven to be an OK goalie and tonight he was one of the reasons why the team lost.
So you agree that it's not about the individual stats.....then why are you so hung up on them?
Reefer2 wrote: But when he stinks, he stinks.
Well that can be said of EVERY goaltender.
Reefer2 wrote: Again $6.0M which is tied for the 9th/12th highest in the league you expect better.
It's true, some would still expect more from a guy getting $6M, but that's what you have to pay when you have no starting goaltender and are forced to pick one up via free agency.

His salary is actually tied for 12th (not 9-12) in the league with Mike Smith and Jimmy Howard. Most nights I would much rather have Miller over either of those guys.

Let's have a look at a sampling of who is signed around the league and makes more than him.....I'll obviously be omitting guys like Lundqvist, Quick, Rinne, and Miller.

Rask, Luongo, Ward, Crawford, Lehtonen, Bobrovsky, and Howard.

I don't think I would want any of those guys backstopping this version of the Canucks over Miller, but I guess you would rather have one of them.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Well fack me.....Dock certainly jinxed and pissed off the Hockey Gods tonight :evil:

Bloody MakeBeleafers 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The problem so far with Miller is when he loses he loses big. He lets goals in in bunches, bam, bam, bam, one after the other. It's like he has a tell. In one game he can let in a goal, good or bad, but you get the feeling he is on his game. Then another night he lets in a goal and you can see he isn't on his game. Tonight after the second goal there was something in his body language that you knew, just knew, a couple more were coming.

This is where WD has to get the hook out earlier and let Lack play. Am I glad we have Miller, yes, he is a big reason why we are were we are. That doesn't take away from the fact that when he is letting them in he lets them in, for whatever reasons. After the third goal I was yelling to pull him. It wasn't his game, the body language thing. Before you could blink it was 4-0. Is it he team in front of him? Some nights hell yes. Others, it's just a sense you get watching him that it will be one of those nights.

When he is on, he is so calm and again the body language speaks volumes. We deserved this game. We out played the leaves and fought hard but. Bernier made some great saves that allowed the leaves momentum. Miller failed to make one big save that may have made the difference.

Do I lay this all at Miller's feet? No, some pretty sloppy D had a whole lot to do with it, but Miller has to make at least one big save somewhere in that 4-0 run.

And of all the games he has won for us, how many did he win and how many did our offence win?
The only HW the Canucks need
MichaelScott

Post by MichaelScott »

Honestly I don't think Miller is the reason we are where we are. The only reason I think this team is having success is because all the forward lines are rolling. I see Miller as a plug with this team. He's here to fill a void until we have someone else that is ready to be a bonafide starter. He's good enough to help this team win games, as long as they keep finding the back of the net, but I think Miller's days of being a guy who carries a team are behind him.

Mark my words, if this team stops averaging over 3 GF/G they will be in the same place as they were last season.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mark his words .

Lol just read the urine fest at hfboards . Fucking phenomenal .

Miller stunk it happens . I would have rode the hot hand myself but no need to crap on RM. Canucks need to bury some fucking chances and not hang he goalie out to dry .
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Damn, one of our hottest players (Matthias) got knocked out with an elbow. He looked pissed when he was walking off the bench, like he wanted a chance to make Robidas pay. Hope he's not out long-term.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Mondi wrote:Seems to me that the leaves have gotten away with lots of hooking and holding tonight.

And, Healy and Simpson are at their smug and anti-Canucks best when Vancouver is losing.
Canuck fans whining about HNIC. LOL. They hate the leaves. Love the Canucks. Hughson was crying last night.

And Healy/Simpson hate the Canucks? Well they certainly hate the leaves too then.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

BigTuna wrote:
Mondi wrote:Seems to me that the leaves have gotten away with lots of hooking and holding tonight.

And, Healy and Simpson are at their smug and anti-Canucks best when Vancouver is losing.
Canuck fans whining about HNIC. LOL. They hate the leaves. Love the Canucks. Hughson was crying last night.

And Healy/Simpson hate the Canucks? Well they certainly hate the leaves too then.
See this is where you lose your credibility fishman...Simpson was masterbating he was so gleefull. Healy is just a to tard and hughson was actually close to neutral....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

First off, all of our comments are clouded by the fact that we want the leaves, along with their city, to be sucked into the deep recesses of the Earth forever.
That being said, after the second goal, on close ups I didn't see the look in Miller's eyes as, "now I'm really fucking mad", I just saw doubt.
I would have pulled after 3 goals.
Positives. The team battled back. We outplayed the cocksuckers.
Anyone hear any update on Mathius?
kk
more cap space!
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Miller stunk it happens . I would have rode the hot hand myself but no need to crap on RM. Canucks need to bury some fucking chances and not hang he goalie out to dry .
Yeah i was kinda surprised Lack didn't get the start after posting a shutout in Pittsburgh
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rats19 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

See this is where you lose your credibility fishman...Simpson was masterbating he was so gleefull. Healy is just a to tard and hughson was actually close to neutral....
Simpson and Healy are no Leaf fans.

Talk about credibility lost. Hughson was "Neutral"? LOL. Bob Cole never showed that kind of homerism for the leaves.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:
rats19 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Talk about credibility lost. Hughson was "Neutral"? LOL. Bob Cole never showed that kind of homerism for the leaves.

The huge fish is back. It's amazing how you only show up when the Laughs win. Hughson is the most neutral play by play man. Bob Cole has a hard time distinguishing the teams let alone the players.He knows there is a puck out there somewhere, but has no idea where it is.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

okcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
rats19 wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

The huge fish is back. It's amazing how you only show up when the Laughs win. Hughson is the most neutral play by play man. Bob Cole has a hard time distinguishing the teams let alone the players.He knows there is a puck out there somewhere, but has no idea where it is.
Hughson is the biggest homer there is.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hughson is the biggest homer there is.
BigTuna

You can't tell neutral from homerism...that's it isn't it...neutral is homerism...its a sickness fish...only you can take the steps necessary.. My name is bigtuna and I am.......
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

How's Doc?

I just read the long list of sore loser posts in this thread, brilliant, lets blame it on individuals like Miller. I love HW talking out of both sides of her mouth, blames Miller but then doesn't blame Miller. WD is an idiot for not playing Lack and that is why we lost? Wow, gold Jerry. We can't win every game people, especially on the road.

Sure glad Benning didn't listen to all our 'trade Tanev' cries this off season. Hands down becoming our best D-man and only 24. He's taken a huge step this year. Great poise and IQ. Love this kid

Robidas has to get suspended for that elbow. How fucking blatant was that? Aren't elbows to the head suspension worthy?

Is it just me, cause I don't get the hate passion for an eastern conference team like the leaves, they are a foreign concept now. All my hate passion is for western conference teams cause we see them all the time and the end of the day, they are all that matter to us. The EC might as well be another league in Europe somewhere. The games are borderline exhibition games
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau