GDT: Canucks @ Blue Jackets 11/28/14 4 PM PST SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Blue Jackets 11/28/14 4 PM PST SNP

Post by 5thhorseman »

rats19 wrote:No doubt we are emotionally invested there 5th....always have been always will be.

I think you err....I think we are over achieving I do not believe we are real....but I do hope so..
You disappoint me rats. Reading these boards I had you pegged as an eternal believer. Consider that Vrbata is the first legit first line winger the Sedins have had to work with since Anson Carter and that Miller never leaves you worrying about a bad goal in the third.

The real question is, how long does need to go before it's statistically improbable that they are over-achieving? We're a quarter of the way through the season for godsake.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

5thhorseman wrote:
rats19 wrote:No doubt we are emotionally invested there 5th....always have been always will be.

I think you err....I think we are over achieving I do not believe we are real....but I do hope so..
You disappoint me rats. Reading these boards I had you pegged as an eternal believer. Consider that Vrbata is the first legit first line winger the Sedins have had to work with since Anson Carter and that Miller never leaves you worrying about a bad goal in the third.

The real question is, how long does need to go before it's statistically improbable that they are over-achieving? We're a quarter of the way through the season for godsake.
Hmmm, then perhaps we are looking at it the wrong way. If we are not overachieving then other teams are underachieving.

I still don't think this team has passed the mustard test. We need to go into Chicago, St. Louis, LA, Anaheim and win there consistently.

Nashville is shyte right now so it really is quite skewered...let's go to cowtown and kick their arse a couple of times, then we can talk reality versus matrix.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote:

I think January is the month that tells all for this team. Last year we were doing well through the end of November and December. Then everything went to shit. Granted, we weren't in 1st overall at any point last year, but still.....

2015 kicks off with 12 games in January for us. It starts off against the defending LA Kings. 8 of the 12 games are against teams that, judging by the current standings and play, will not be walk in the park victories for us.....knowing this team we'll go 8-3-1 with all our losses coming at the hands of Florida, Buffalo, and Carolina. :lol:

If the Canucks are still a top-5 team at the end of January, then I think we can say they are legitimately "back".
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote: Hmmm, then perhaps we are looking at it the wrong way. If we are not overachieving then other teams are underachieving.

I still don't think this team has passed the mustard test. We need to go into Chicago, St. Louis, LA, Anaheim and win there consistently.
So 2 out of 4.....not bad so far. And we only visit Chicago and St. Louis twice each. So do we have to go 4-0 in those games for it to be "consistent"?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:

I think January is the month that tells all for this team. Last year we were doing well through the end of November and December. Then everything went to shit. Granted, we weren't in 1st overall at any point last year, but still.....

2015 kicks off with 12 games in January for us. It starts off against the defending LA Kings. 8 of the 12 games are against teams that, judging by the current standings and play, will not be walk in the park victories for us.....knowing this team we'll go 8-3-1 with all our losses coming at the hands of Florida, Buffalo, and Carolina. :lol:

If the Canucks are still a top-5 team at the end of January, then I think we can say they are legitimately "back".
Back....

Interesting word that.

What a difference 20 games make.

I sometimes I think to be a canuck fan is to constantly jump off a bridge.

Thankfully, this time it wasnt that we are as bad as Spider-Man thought we were
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

Arachnid wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:

Hmmm, then perhaps we are looking at it the wrong way. If we are not overachieving then other teams are underachieving.

Nashville is shyte right now so it really is quite skewered...let's go to cowtown and kick their arse a couple of times, then we can talk reality versus matrix.
Hell,Mann... This team is hot,and looks well prepared night in, night out. I know it's only the quarter mark, but unless they Maille it in for the rest of the season, I can't imagine that they won't surpass all reasonable expectations. Of course, if they do somehow maille it in for the rest of the year, I have a feeling that you'll be front and center with your 20/20 hienz-ite... and will be the first to poupon them. :devil:
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Arachnid wrote:
5thhorseman wrote:

As much as I hate to agree with "Spiderman"; I just completely have to agree with his negativity. I hope we have the strength to forge through this trip. Please..
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

I'll be very happy if we get 8 points on this trip. We are definitely not a 1st place team, it's not sustainable.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

okcanuck wrote:I'll be very happy if we get 8 points on this trip. We are definitely not a 1st place team, it's not sustainable.
Agree that we are not an elite team but then we are a better balanced team than most in the NHL.. We are not dependent on first line scoring anymore .. Last year emotion and hard work took the Av's who were a lot worse team into the playoffs .. In the off season and at start of this year I was thinking we'd be bottom feeders this year.. and dammm I am glad to be wrong :) Lets see how we do on this roadtrip.. ( I,m betting 10 points )..
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

We should define it softly: "We're one of the better teams in the NHL!"
That's reality all finer aspects of the game included. Have i already said that i like Willie?

They played an overall sloppy game last night but won by this margin, wtf? They're killers or whales or whatever...

Go Canucks go for Cinderella i always dreaming about. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

5thhorseman wrote:

There is a huge difference between being elite..first..cup contenders...etc and believing we are elite..first..cup contenders... At this point I believe we can make a run....but is it real? I guess as others have said, it may be a little early to say...Damon took my glasses :devil:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Ladies and Gents (and I use the word loosely ;) ) the 2014-2015 Stanley Cup Champions.... OUR own Vancouver Canucks :) :) :) :) :) :) :D :D 8-) 8-) :thumbs: :thumbs: :drink: :drink: :drink: :wink: :thumbs: :wink: :thumbs: :wink: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: ......... :drink: ....................... :drink: ...................................................................................................... :drink: ...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Cookie La Rue wrote:We should define it softly: "We're one of the better teams in the NHL!"
This is how I am thinking as well. "The Canucks are for real" does not mean we are a lock for the Cup, first overall, or necessarily first in the Pacific. You couldn't ever say that for any team at this point in the season anyways.

The "real Canucks" for me is that this years team is not the borderline playoff team that many (including me) predicted at the start of the year. I think we can realistically shoot for home-ice advantage in the playoffs.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Three Presidents Trophies in five years.

Aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.