GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche Nov 4, 2014 6 PM PST SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Avalanche Nov 4, 2014 6 PM PST SNET

Post by Arachnid »

Man, it sure is nice to see a real rookie in the line-up.
If one thing that pissed me off for the last few years is lack of a news energy, excitement and just plain enthusiasm. It spreads throughout the team.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob, you shouldn't have left.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

okcanuck wrote:Christ, some of the posters on this board must be getting tired jumping on and off the bandwagon. We are a retooling team who happen to be just fine thank you very much.
Must be your view askew from the toilet seat.

A real fan burns with his team 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Overtime
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Overtime »

Hockey Widow wrote:Will be interesting to see Vey on the second line. See if offensive ability translates into some goals. For that line. Gonna miss Horvat's debut. Maybe I'll tape the game :mrgreen:

Now there is the set up......
Nice call "Witchy Woman". :0
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

We keep winning (mostly) the should-win games. Let's hope that stays true for San Jose, then the next two will be a true gauge of whether this team is the real deal.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Minor payback for the 7-2 drubbing they handed us last month.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Higgins back to his Habs days of uber puck skill, nice to see him and Bonino rippin' it up.

Sedins turned the jets on after Kassian was cheap shotted.

They played dominant after that.

Miller nice and calm to keep the team in it after the 1st.

Matthias finally rewarded after all his hard work, he needs stay on his more suited LW side, with Kassian on his right.

Think we got a uber 4th line now of Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The best part about the win is that they came from behind.

I told my brother that they would score 3 in the third, I didn't expect 4.

BUT the best part is that it was against Roy.

good game by the entire forward line.

If we could get anything this year it would be a puck moving d man.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The more things change the moe they stay the same . Bieksa has been terrible all season long but he gets shovelfuls of ice time . Can't imagine why Kassian isn't improving on his point totals playing with two scrubs who wouldn't make a good team . No pp time but losers like Hansen and Burrows get their share . This idiot won't even juggle a line for fuck sakes . I'm done with this shit for tonight . SOA is on so no need to watch The blind leading the blind .
Oh, ye of fickle faith..... :roll:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arachnid wrote:
okcanuck wrote:Christ, some of the posters on this board must be getting tired jumping on and off the bandwagon. We are a retooling team who happen to be just fine thank you very much.
Must be your view askew from the toilet seat.

A real fan burns with his team 8-)
Or as in your case, burns down his team..... :hmmm:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Just finished watching the game. Horrible first but dominant 2nd and 3rd.all four lines rolling. Classy move by Willie letting Horvat start.

Overall, much better in FO. PK good, PP has gone stagnant, predictable. They need to develop 3-4 set plays, not just one.

Great come back win.

The AV's are a team we need to beat since they are in our division.

Miller with 9 wins, GAA average but he is on pace to break Marty's record for wins in a season. Hope that doesn't jinx him :oops:

Kassian is one tough kid. First a head shot then the thigh hit. Third line is playing some good hockey.

Bonino up to 6 goals. Hell Ya!

Hank really is Dank, like who is supposed to score on that line. So many have been saying for years Hank needs to shoot more and this season, so far, the puck is going in for him.

Nice win. Thursday will be a test. Burrows back. Who sits? Logic suggests it should be Horvat, barring an injury or course. The one guy I can stomach coming out of the line up for Horvat is Vey. Still have high hopes for him but I'd rather give Bo his spot for at least another 9 games. Although it is highly unlikely that any regular sits for the next 9 games. will they rotate a few players in/out until the nine games have been played or will he return to junior after this road trip. Just can't see any of the regulars losing a spot for him at this point.
Last edited by Hockey Widow on Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

So, with tonight's win, we're 2nd overall.

We're also 2nd overall in GF.....

Did anyone see this coming 13 games in?

I mean other than Doc of course, who will always......

BELIEVE!

:P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

No kidding Mëds, a very good start indeed. But we had a good season going last year until out Cali trip too. I don't want to get suckered into believing yet. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Not a lot to find fault with so far this season. We don't have a top six, top three and a balanced bottom nine. That will catch up to us when scoring goals gets harder, like late in the season and playoffs. Our defence is still a work n progress too. I don't have the confidence in our defence like I have in years past. You know the years, when we had to worry about getting Salo back n the line up due to the cap but that allowed Edler to have back surgery. The days of ritches on the back end.

I am pleasantly surprised with where we are but I am also mindful that we haven't really been tested yet. No quit in this version of the Canucks though!
The only HW the Canucks need
CC Veteran

Post by Sticky »

Mëds wrote:So, with tonight's win, we're 2nd overall.

We're also 2nd overall in GF.....

Did anyone see this coming 13 games in?

I mean other than Doc of course, who will always......

BELIEVE!

:P
This... And with equal enthusiasm I will point out that the we are also tied with the Flames, and that Chicago does not make the playoffs if they started today... :devil:

I am pleasantly surprised though, with the team this year... More faith in the #1, and feel like the team got to start the re-whateveryouwannacallit up a number of rungs due to the offseason moves. (Front office and roster)
I had forgotten what it's like to watch Canucks hockey without the expectation of winning EVERY single night.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The cali teams will bring us down to reality again lol, but like I said we'll fight for the #6ish seed in the West when it's all said and done.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.