Kneecaps

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Kneecaps

Post by Meds »

Rumsfeld wrote:The strike was going well until the union allowed wee todd to letter the picket signs.

"Suport yor local Teechers guyz"

:stupid:
You spelt lowkul wrong.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I hope the teachers stay on strike for a couple months. $80 a day is gravy for the vacay fund. Thanks Christy !!! :thumbs:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

News article last week talked to teachers who are arranging to defer mortgage payments and expand lines of credit. The government will starve them out.

The BCTF needs to realize that their personal vendetta against Christie isn't going anywhere and they need to get in line with the other public sector unions. It reminds me of what the IWA did to my parents when I was a kid.

Throughout N. America there is a push to bring public sector contracts back in line with the few remaining private sector unions. Corporations slew the union dragon through the 1980's, time for governments to do the same.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
isle_nuck
CC Rookie

Post by isle_nuck »

Topper wrote:News article last week talked to teachers who are arranging to defer mortgage payments and expand lines of credit. The government will starve them out.
Hmm...I wonder if the article was cherry picking their interviews? Not one person I've talked to is worried about being starved out, or knows anyone who is.

If the media would like to interview someone, maybe they should talk to all those MLA's who closed their offices at any point this week, apparently afraid of parents (not teachers, we were busy striking) and their children coming and sitting in front of their offices. Who knows, maybe one of the members of their constituency would like to talk to them!

If anything, yesterday's press conference by Ms. Clark has strengthened resolve. She went up their and constantly brought up a number of items that had already been removed by the BCTF bargaining committee and she failed to mention any of the deeper parts of those 'demands'.

By the way: it is funny that every time the government mentions our 'demands' for benefits, they fail to mention that they are including Librarians in schools as part of those 'demands'.

Topper wrote:The BCTF needs to realize that their personal vendetta against Christie isn't going anywhere and they need to get in line with the other public sector unions. It reminds me of what the IWA did to my parents when I was a kid.
Of course we're pissed with her. She's stripped out contract language, illegally, and refuses to budge in negotiations when we roll back our 'demands'. However, if anyone has a vendetta, I'd say it's Ms. Clark having a vendetta with the teachers. She was the one who started this 12 years ago. We didn't pick the fight in the beginning.

As I said back in June, of course we're on strike; the government is waiting for the appeal. If they win that, they're off to the races. If they lose...well, why do you think they're pushing so hard to have the E80 article in their 'proposal' make it to any kind of agreement?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Going to be a slow Christmas at your house.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Christy Clark appeared desperate and stupid at the presser.

She knows she's about to reap the whirlwind.

She knows her sins are about to find her out.

She knows, the teachers know, everyone paying attention knows

... the Libs are going to lose in October in the Court of Appeal.

... as well as the Court of Public Perception.

The Libs will be found guilty of "failure to bargain in good faith".

The Libs will be found guilty of forcing strikes.

The Libs will be forced to add $1billion+ to their annual budget$ (class size + composition).

The Libs will be forced to raise taxes

... and they will be perceived as "the bad guy".

In the presser she didn't have answers to questions

... and kept uttering utter garbage about the teachers demanding "unlimited massages". :crazy:

Madness.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

And there will be further appeals no matter the decision from the Court of Appeal.

Also much of the reason they will not legislate the teachers back to work.

$3000 dollars annually for massages was a BCTF demand in the Spring, they were embarrassed enough by it that they reduced it. But how did it make it in the demands in the first place?

One of my sisters is a special needs teaching assistant, a CUPE member. She's out picketing with the teachers in absolute ignorance that one of the goals of the BCTF is to replace here with BCTF member special needs teachers. I laugh at the irony of it. i mentioned this on the phone to her and before she hung up on me, she naively said, "How could one union do that to another union?"

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:And there will be further appeals no matter the decision from the Court of Appeal.

Also much of the reason they will not legislate the teachers back to work.

$3000 dollars annually for massages was a BCTF demand in the Spring, they were embarrassed enough by it that they reduced it. But how did it make it in the demands in the first place?

One of my sisters is a special needs teaching assistant, a CUPE member. She's out picketing with the teachers in absolute ignorance that one of the goals of the BCTF is to replace here with BCTF member special needs teachers. I laugh at the irony of it. i mentioned this on the phone to her and before she hung up on me, she naively said, "How could one union do that to another union?"
The whole outrage over massage thing is a typical red herring shell game

Oh look the teachers want free massages! Burn them !

You know full well where the request for massage thereapy a fully recognized part of the medical system falls on the list of demands by the BCTF and as business man you know full well when negotiating you start high to give yourself negotiating room.

Why play games trying to convince the masses with bullshit?

And
Perhaps your sister will replace herself by gaining accreditation through the BCPSEA and the BCTF and switch unions

And can I have your sisters number? If she hangs up on you she sounds kinda cool :)

Bro in law :shock:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: And there will be further appeals no matter the decision from the Court of Appeal.
Yes but being found guilty this October in the BC Supreme Court of breaking the law and causing this mess

... will have ramifications for Christy & Co.

I believe the only recourse would be a singular appeal to the Supreme Court of Canada.

And the Libs know they will lose that one as well

... making a total of FOUR times the Libs have been found guilty of breaking the law.

This time on a national stage.

Then what happens to Christy's career? :drink:

Then what happens to the Libs next election? :(

Nah, there is a reason the Libs are desperately trying to negotiate class composition RIGHT NOW.

And a reason why the teachers have not been willing to negotiate class composition AT ALL.

Both sides know who is going to win in court eventually.

That's a given.

The government is Goliath in this battle, but for some reason they keep giving stones to David.

Like Goliath, Christy has a weak spot: Making things personal + her tendency to resort to heavy-handedness.

The Libs should have dumped her a long time ago.

Skyo posted this link in another thread today:

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/opinio ... s-educator
Topper wrote: Also much of the reason they will not legislate the teachers back to work.
If they can't get the teachers to let them off the courtroom hook (by cutting a deal on composition)

... they'll probably impose a contract in early October (and pay for that decision in court eventually as well).

Kinda like a soon-to-be-convicted fraud artist thinking "Well, if I'm going away for fraud, what's one more..."
Topper wrote: $3000 dollars annually for massages was a BCTF demand in the Spring, they were embarrassed enough by it that they reduced it. But how did it make it in the demands in the first place?
Well that's not completely accurate, but THE POINT IS Christy had her facts completely wrong...

as of TWO DAYS AGO (there was the "extra day off per year" thing as well).

So... is she stupid, incompetent, or a bald faced liar?

No matter, the teachers are more determined than ever now.

You know me Tops, I lean to the right, but I've pretty much had it with this beaatch!

If the teachers are patient... and don't get starved out... they will take down this Goliath eventually.

Her press conference the other day only served to make them more resolved to do just that.

Another stone for David....
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I agree she is not handling it well. Didn't see her presser, but read of it and her twits. She was doing very well sitting in the background letting Fasbender and Cameron do the work. Iker baited her and she bit. Silly of her.

Wait out the post court decision storm and get the appeal process in the works and stay steady on the course with the current negotiations.

I've long separated the court action from the current negotiations.

Her misinformation of massages and what not are no different than Iker's 1% difference on wages line of BS.
Neither side has budged on overall #'s, they have rejigged wages and benefits but the overall $ values offered by government or demanded by the BCTF have not changed.

Don't forget there were three public sector deals signed last year that link wage increases to the governments economic well being. The BCTF is undermining those 50,000 government employees.

Oh, and the BCTF has told teachers not collect their $40/day/kid, nor are they to pick up any additional tutoring work lest they be considered scabs.

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:Nah, there is a reason the Libs are desperately trying to negotiate class composition RIGHT NOW.

And a reason why the teachers have not been willing to negotiate class composition AT ALL.
That would mean the BCTF is not negotiating in good faith :D

I really doubt the courts will set class size and composition limits, they may rule weather something is good or bad, but courts rarely set limits. They will send it back to the government and the BCTF to work out.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah, beaatches all around.

But shouldn't Christy be at home baking muffins and whatnot? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

or at least on her kneecaps

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Just what the doctor ordered!
____
Try to focus on someday.