Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Brutal...

Assuming the pictures you've posted haven't been doctored, the Laughs should not count on Kessel doing anything useful March onwards.

Thanks Burkie!
You mean like his 13 goals, 21 points in 22 playoff games.

Only Giroux has more points the last 3 seasons. Thanks Burkie indeed.
Tyler Seguin/ Dougie Hamilton >>> Yellow Teeth . Only an idiot would disagree. Then again ..........
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tyler Seguin/ Dougie Hamilton >>> Yellow Teeth . Only an idiot would disagree. Then again ..........
If Seguin can replicate last season's production it'll be simply Seguin>Weird One.

Funny that the leaves have been searching for a number 1C for so long...

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Assuming the pictures you've posted haven't been doctored, the Laughs should not count on Kessel doing anything useful March onwards.

Thanks Burkie!

Tyler Seguin/ Dougie Hamilton >>> Yellow Teeth . Only an idiot would disagree. Then again ..........
Bottom line, leaves got a future 21 year-old superstar.

Let me guess, Hamilton wins 5 Norrises?

Morgan Rielly>>>>Dougie Hamilton

And don't forget the most overhyped prospect in years, Jared Knight!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Thanks Burkie!

Tyler SeguinReilly Smith/ Dougie Hamilton >>> Yellow Teeth . Only an idiot would disagree. Then again ..........
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Bruins blew that trade. The leaves traded a draft pick. The Bruins traded Seguin.

And Rielly Smith and Hamilton are not worth Kessel.Rielly Smith will be in tough to match what he did last season. He overachieved. Kessel is a PPG star playing with anyone.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topps I was just pointing out what an ass ramming Brian Burke received from Peter Chiarelli. I am not a huge fan of the move to deal Seguin to Dallas for Errikson, Smith and Fraser myself.

Hamilton will be a top pairing D man. The leaves got hosed in that deal . They could have had Hall/Seguin and Hamilton. Instead they gave the picks away for Phyllis Kessel. The dude has a boiler and yellow teeth.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
mathonwy wrote: Brutal...

Thanks Burkie!

Ummm ole One Nut has a grand total of 6 playoff points in the last 5 years!! :crazy:

Wot... THE HELL.... is wrong with you boy! :eh:

____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Separated at birth those two....and lost love is found.
DeLevering since 1999.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

whoever that guy is in the laughs jersey, it looks like he ate Phil Kessel...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ukcanuck wrote:whoever that guy is in the laughs jersey, it looks like he ate Phil Kessel...
But yet he skates like the wind and is a PPG superstar.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Topps I was just pointing out what an ass ramming Brian Burke received from Peter Chiarelli. I am not a huge fan of the move to deal Seguin to Dallas for Errikson, Smith and Fraser myself.

Hamilton will be a top pairing D man. The leaves got hosed in that deal . They could have had Hall/Seguin and Hamilton. Instead they gave the picks away for Phyllis Kessel. The dude has a boiler and yellow teeth.
21 year-old future superstar. Only Giroux has more points the past 3 seasons. What an "Ass Ramming". Kessel=Underrated.

If Kessel played on any other team Canuck fans would be calling him an elite star. Stats don't lie..
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

:but: :but: :but:

Not doubting the skill-set and scoring ability of Kessel. He's a terrific talent.

Is he an 8 year 8 million dollar player? noidontthinksono.

Is Dion a 7 year 7 million dollar captain? :oops:

These are the top two offensive weapons on the club, making a combined 15 million. Fine.

They are also the go to members of a meager leadership core. :bang:

Therein lies the root of the teams' problem.

:drink:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Topps I was just pointing out what an ass ramming Brian Burke received from Peter Chiarelli. I am not a huge fan of the move to deal Seguin to Dallas for Errikson, Smith and Fraser myself.

21 year-old future superstar. Only Giroux has more points the past 3 seasons. What an "Ass Ramming". Kessel=Underrated.

If Kessel played on any other team Canuck fans would be calling him an elite star. Stats don't lie..
Kessel will be 27 to start the season. He is a good player for sure. A top 10- 15 forward in the NHL. Hamilton is 21 and Seguin is 22. Seguin is as good an offensive player as Yellow Teeth and he is 5 years younger. Toronto has gotten some great hockey out of Kessel but they will miss out on guys who havent even hit their prime yet.

Kessel will start trending downwards in a couple of years while these guys will just be coming into their own. I guess if you consider one playoff series appearance over the 7- 10 years Kessel will play in Toronto as a rousing success, then Toronto did ok in the trade. If you want to look at it objectively with an eye on the teams future you would say Brain Burke got raped, then pissed on , and afterwards Chiarelli took a dump on his chest.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

BladesofSteel wrote::but: :but: :but:

Not doubting the skill-set and scoring ability of Kessel. He's a terrific talent.

Is he an 8 year 8 million dollar player? noidontthinksono.

Is Dion a 7 year 7 million dollar captain? :oops:

These are the top two offensive weapons on the club, making a combined 15 million. Fine.

They are also the go to members of a meager leadership core. :bang:

Therein lies the root of the teams' problem.

:drink:
How is Kessel not worth 8 million per in 2014'? His stats are too good to make less. Rick Nash makes the same.

Now that the stars are going to be making 10+ million, Kessel's deal is looking really good.

How much do YOU think he should make then?
Last edited by BigTuna on Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote:

Kessel will be 27 to start the season. He is a good player for sure. A top 10- 15 forward in the NHL. Hamilton is 21 and Seguin is 22. Seguin is as good an offensive player as Yellow Teeth and he is 5 years younger. Toronto has gotten some great hockey out of Kessel but they will miss out on guys who havent even hit their prime yet.

Kessel will start trending downwards in a couple of years while these guys will just be coming into their own. I guess if you consider one playoff series appearance over the 7- 10 years Kessel will play in Toronto as a rousing success, then Toronto did ok in the trade. If you want to look at it objectively with an eye on the teams future you would say Brain Burke got raped, then pissed on , and afterwards Chiarelli took a dump on his chest.
Kessel hasn't missed a game in years. He doesn't play physical. Don't expect a Mike Richards situation once he hits 29. The guy can be very good for another 7-10 years.

And what about Boston? Slowest team in the NHL. Chara dropped-off a lot last season and will continue to do so. Why did they trade Seguin? The "Seguin Trade" is on Boston now.

The "Eye on the Future" comment is funny. Burke acquired a 21 year-old top 5 draft pick who was already established. Chiarelli traded a 21 year-old #2 overall pick who was already established.

You guys can try so hard to kiss Chia's ass. The fact is he traded Tyler Seguin at age 21.