Will Todd Bertuzzi be on Team Canada

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will Big Bert make Canada

Poll ended at Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:57 am

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 17

BOOOOtuzzi
AHL Prospect

Post by BOOOOtuzzi »

NO!!! He wont make the team. I think we should trade him, we could do without his lockeroom presence.
MinnesotaCanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by MinnesotaCanuck »

TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.TROLL.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

I think Henrik Lunqvist should be a lock for Team Sweden. I heard that Tommy Salo had tried out for the team... :twisted: Nevertheless, Sweden will be really tough again if nothing else because they'll have much more reliable goaltending for a change. And did Sami Salo change his citizenship from his native Finland? ;)

I think Team USA will be in tough to get a sniff at the medals this year, but in four to eight years, they should be pretty competitive again.

Russia would be okay too if they would just stop bitching at each other.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I voted YES. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Tretiak
AHL Prospect

Post by Tretiak »

i figured sami salo was swedish..oh well, regardless. if all those guys play for sweden they'll be pretty darn good.

i think bure headed the russian squad so that people will stop bitching at each other, or at least going by the comments he made when he announced he was going to manage the team.

and it's nice everybody's already counting out the u.s. team, makes it all the sweeter when an upset happens.

our roster isn't studded with 50-goal-scoring machines and playmakers like joe sakic, but i think players like eric cole and craig conroy are the darkhorses of the olympics...they're having great years in the nhl so far, but they're overshadowed by the people doing outstanding.

i'm suprised canada didn't put jose theodore on their team...everytime i see him play, i swear he's the best goaltender in the nhl right now. i saw him in that shootout against atlanta, and he looked like a million bucks..

another quick question, what country is marek svatos from? that kid's a damn good player..
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

Pretty sure Svatos is Slovakian. I don't think you can really coount any team out of it right now. Canada, U.S., Sweden, Finland , Russia, Czechs, Slovaks all have good shots at it in such a short tournament, which is what makes these international tourneys so exciting.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Tretiak wrote:i figured sami salo was swedish..oh well, regardless.
Confusion probably comes from Tommy Salo, who is Swedish despite having a Finnish last name. Kinda like Niklas Hägman in reverse.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Jyrki21 wrote:
Tretiak wrote:i figured sami salo was swedish..oh well, regardless.
Confusion probably comes from Tommy Salo, who is Swedish despite having a Finnish last name. Kinda like Niklas Hägman in reverse.
Or Mika Hannula of Sweden...