Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo and Schneider Revisited (or is it continued?)

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:You know that article was from June 29th 2013 right?
Uh, yeah ... and from that article:
The move was actually made last summer and this will be the first draft with Crawford at the helm.
Therefore, Delorme was deployed to scout WHL primarily during the 2013 draft year where the Canucks selected @H_S_9 . In 2014 it was @Jake_Virtanen . :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Why would Crawford be listed after Delorme if he's in charge?
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:Why would Crawford be listed after Delorme if he's in charge?
Aaron, if you look at how they organize it, Crow's Bro is in the middle or seemingly the bridge between the amateur and pro scouts. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote:
Aaron, if you look at how they organize it, Crow's Bro is in the middle or seemingly the bridge between the amateur and pro scouts. :mex:
Edit:
Is this like the assistant coach seemingly being the bridge between players and the head coach?

:roll:

So what you're saying is that things aren't the same then? Delorme is no longer in charge. He may still be with the organization but isn't in the same role.

So what exactly was the point of posting the stantion's tweet?
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Edit:
Is this like the assistant coach seemingly being the bridge between players and the head coach?

So what you're saying is that things aren't the same then? Delorme is no longer in charge. He may still be with the organization but isn't in the same role.
Yeah, apparently so. It seems like he's still their top scout but he now reports to Crow's Bro.

As for the website organization, I wouldn't get too fixated with it. I mean, they don't even have photos of some of their people. :hmmm:

The Cory was interviewed today on the TEAM 1040 morning show with @DavePratt1040 with guest co-host @mitchberger17 .

Apparently The Cory and Garrison for that matter are good friends with @mitchberger17 and both appeared this week on their show.

I tweet'ed berger ..............
Betamax ‏@Betamax1080p

@mitchberger17 Great job with @DavePratt1040! BTW, how many current Nucks' are you good friends with? Because ones you know get, uh, traded!

9:20 AM - 17 Jul 2014
and he replied with the following, via: https://twitter.com/mitchberger17/statu ... 7480989696
Mitch Berger ‏@mitchberger17

@Betamax1080p haha I know I'm the Canucks kiss of death! It sucks tho cuz all my boys are gone. At least I got some fun cities to visit. Lol

9:37 AM - 17 Jul 2014
:mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: I mean, they don't even have photos of some of their people. :hmmm:
They're out there, you just have to know how to find them...

____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Betamax wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Edit:

Yeah, apparently so. It seems like he's still their top scout but he now reports to Crow's Bro.

As for the website organization, I wouldn't get too fixated with it. I mean, they don't even have photos of some of their people. :hmmm:

The Cory was interviewed today on the TEAM 1040 morning show with @DavePratt1040 with guest co-host @mitchberger17 .

Apparently The Cory and Garrison for that matter are good friends with @mitchberger17 and both appeared this week on their show.

I tweet'ed berger ..............
Betamax ‏@Betamax1080p

@mitchberger17 Great job with @DavePratt1040! BTW, how many current Nucks' are you good friends with? Because ones you know get, uh, traded!

9:20 AM - 17 Jul 2014
and he replied with the following, via: https://twitter.com/mitchberger17/statu ... 7480989696

@Betamax1080p haha I know I'm the Canucks kiss of death! It sucks tho cuz all my boys are gone. At least I got some fun cities to visit. Lol

9:37 AM - 17 Jul 2014
Using animated gifs and tweeting to media personalities...

Yer just too progressive for this board.

Hockey_God
CC Rookie

Post by Hockey_God »

Betamax ‏@Betamax1080p

@mitchberger17 Let's get together for dinner and dancing!

1:30 PM - 18 Jul 2014

@Betamax1080p LEAVE ME ALONE !!!!

1:37 PM - 18 Jul 2014

----
2:05 PM - 18 Jul 2014

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Betamax wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote: Contrary to the article, I do believe, I do believe, that the GM has the final say. :mex:
Well even more contrary to the article if you look at the order of Scouting Staff listed here:
http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=86312

Delorme is still the first person listed with Crawford listed after all the amateur scouts. From my perspective that implies he may be responsible for the professional scouts.
Read the original article I linked to. It's quoting directly from a Vancouver Sun article that's no longer online that stated the following:
Crawford, who had overseen the Canucks’ pro scouting department, was put in charge of amateur scouting. Chief scout Ron Delorme retained his title but was returned to the WHL because, as assistant general manager Laurence Gilman explained, the team needed its best scout back in the West. WHL scout Harold Snepsts was redeployed to help senior adviser Stan Smyl assess undrafted college and junior players, and the Canucks bulked up their scouting staff in Ontario.
I guess we can speculate that the fruits of the redeployment of Delorme is that we have not seen one but two WHL prospects being drafted in the 1st round by the Canucks in back to back years. :mex:
Ron Delorme takes a lot of criticism from some fans for the Canucks', uh, average scouting record during his tenure as Chief Scout but from that article, apparently Canucks' management were of the the belief he was their "best scout."

I don't think it's too hard to determine this internally. I mean each scout probably prepares a list each draft on who the Canucks' should pick with the picks they had (especially with the 1st rd pick) and they could track how well they did or did not do over the years ....... just like, uh, the armchair scouts on messageboards that try to argue for "their" guy they determined is the BPA based on reading scouting reports from otherS, a few youtube highlights and maybe catch a few junior or WJHC games on their TV. :mex:
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

Haters gonna hate...
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Should be interesting when Lu/Panthers are relocated to Seattle *evil laugh*
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by KeyserSoze »

I noticed that it was Lu vs Schneids (Panthers vs Devils) a few days ago.

Luongo allowed 5 goals on 14 shots and was yanked 2 mins into the 2nd period with his team down 5-0

I didn't see any of the goals...I'm sure a few were likely stoppable, but the Panthers suck balls regardless of who is in net. They've managed just 3 goals in their first 3 games.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Will Lu's GAA eclipse paid home game attendance?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

KeyserSoze wrote:but the Panthers suck balls regardless of who is in net. They've managed just 3 goals in their first 3 games.
Still pretty wild to me that Sunrise was where Luongo wanted to go...
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

KeyserSoze wrote:I noticed that it was Lu vs Schneids (Panthers vs Devils) a few days ago.

Luongo allowed 5 goals on 14 shots and was yanked 2 mins into the 2nd period with his team down 5-0

I didn't see any of the goals...I'm sure a few were likely stoppable, but the Panthers suck balls regardless of who is in net. They've managed just 3 goals in their first 3 games.
Early going and all, but it boggles the mind to think of all the high draft picks they have and they still suck.

At least with Edmonton, it's common knowledge that it's because of the fact that their blueline and goaltending generally blow while their star players have only a passing interest in playing defensively-responsible hockey. The panthers, though... :|
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.