Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I agree completely. I have visited CC almost every day since joining and the visits have grown further and further apart of late. The content is being lost in the crap.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

There seems to always be that one guy who trolls or shitposts the forums for a certain period of time. I remember not too long ago there was royaldudes drunken fury that was all over threads but now he is sober so he is good now. Betamax aka. "Farhan" aka "the brown knight" is enjoying his 15 minutes of infamy but then he will be gone and irrelevant just like the many trolls that come and go in the world. Unless he just keeps making new accounts then his sad legacy shall live on.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I agree completely. I have visited CC almost every day since joining and the visits have grown further and further apart of late. The content is being lost in the crap.
+1 ....being lost in 1 persons crap.

hopefully Strangelove & Corny can rectify this
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Betamax wrote:Well, I think I should clarify the context in which I made the statement by using an example
Betamax wrote:In the whole scheme of things, it's minutia on the main point of the argument
:mex:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:Image
Dudelove ...... have you noticed that there has been just three active threads today? One was a thread on Kesler which was, uh, re-started with a couple of pics of him in Anaheim appeal posted by a certain poster, one new thread by a certain poster that was spurned on by the recent contract extension of a former Canucks (that should have still been a Canucks) and, uh, this one.

Interesting that. :mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:Image
Lol no shit
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:Well, I find it rather interesting, that in your vain attempt to deconstruct my one, and I mean one sentence quip that I spent less than 1/2 minute posting, you completely ignored the fact that in the first two sentences in cyber bro Clam's retort: "The owners charge whatever the market will bare. Ticket prices always go up." completely contradict each other and you, not so strangely enough (see wot I wrote there?) turn a blind eye to said comment.

Curious that. :mex:
There is no contradiction there. The owners push the ticket prices as high they can incrementally year after year. How many teams reduce prices when they shed contracts & spend only the minimum? They get away with what they can. Time to switch from bath salts to smelling salts buddy.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Hockey Widow wrote:Great news indeed. Seems like every thread is getting hi-jacked with the same type of drivel. It is getting tiresome coming here and seeing the same pissing contest over and over, regurgitated again and again.

Any good points are getting lost in a mountain of crap and meaningful dialogue is all but forgotten. It shouldn't be a forum for one or two people trying to play king of the castle.
+1
Getting a bit tired of it too :)
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Amen
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:Great news indeed. Seems like every thread is getting hi-jacked with the same type of drivel. It is getting tiresome coming here and seeing the same pissing contest over and over, regurgitated again and again.

Any good points are getting lost in a mountain of crap and meaningful dialogue is all but forgotten. It shouldn't be a forum for one or two people trying to play king of the castle.

Strange, Doc Modlove no longer desires to be the sock puppets no. 1 enabler?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

I dont really care what one posts but...enuff is enuff...
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The Columbus Blue Jackets signed centre Brandon Dubinsky to a six-year contract extension on Friday worth an average annual value of $5.85 million. The deal also includes no-move and no-trade clauses. The 28-year-old scored 16 goals and added 34 assists with a plus-five rating over 76 games with the Blue Jackets in 2013-14. Dubinsky still has a year left on his current contract worth $4.2 million. - TSN

Holy over-payment !!!! He is a slight upgrade on Chris fricking Higgins, ffs. Another player benefiting from a crappy team looking to hit the cap floor
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Columbus isn't really that crappy anymore...they made the playoffs last year and barely missed out the year prior.

Yes, they are a team that probably has to overpay a bit to attract FAs and maybe retain some guys, but they have some pretty good young players who aren't eating up much cap space yet (Johanssen, Atkinson, Foligno, Anisimov, Foligno...).
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by givemeda411 »

Jordan Schroeder signs with minny