If you could "turn back time" would you have kept Schneider?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If you could turn back time, which of the two options would you have preferred?

Cory Schneider
24%
Bo Horvat and Ryan Miller
76%

Total votes: 17

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

If you could "turn back time" would you have kept Schneider?

Post by Betamax »

Okay the backstory of this thread was a tweet I submitted to Team Radio's Sekeres & Price show this morning that was the 1st tweet read on their #TMIW segment.

via: https://twitter.com/Betamax1080p/status ... 3780516864
Betamax @Betamax1080p
@mattsekeres #TMIW If the Canucks' could pull a @cher and "Turn Back Time", they would keep The Cory in lieu of Lu!

10:02 AM - 10 Jul 2014
Anyway, Sekeres agreed with the tweet that the Canucks would have kept The Cory in hindsight.

In a hypothetical scenario, what would you do if in an alternate universe, the NJD offered The Cory back for Bo Horvat and The Cory would agree to the same 7 year, 6M AAV contract extension here?

Here are the fine print details:

Cory Schneider (age 28) @ (4M AAV for one more year and then 6M AAV, 7 years)

vs.

Bo Horvat (age 19) @ (1.74M AAV [850K p. bonus], 3 years) and Ryan Miller (age 34) - (6M AAV, 3 years)

EDIT: Updated The Cory's Contract status to include his current deal that has one year remaining.

:mex:
Last edited by Betamax on Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: If you could "turn back time" would you have kept Schnei

Post by Aaronp18 »

I'll take Horvat and Miller 10 times out of 10.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

I'll keep Horvat.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

No, but I'd love to turn back the clock and take the last best offer for Luongo just before the lockout. Whatever the leaves were offering less the cap recapture, less the salary hold back, would be far better than what we have today. Guess if we had done that we would have kept Cory :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Was in the Schneider fan boat, but now that Kesler is gone we need a future center to take over sometime and that will be Horvat barring a Ryan Johansen trade. :D

Horvat + Miller easily happy with that!!!

Now time to build up Lack's value and try to get another 1st rounder to continue this really fast rebuild on the fly. 8-)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Two quality players. I feel that Horvat has amazing potential and Miller has already proven himself. Cory is good but so is Miller add Horvat and they simply outweigh Cory on his own.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Canuck-One wrote:Two quality players. I feel that Horvat has amazing potential and Miller has already proven himself. Cory is good but so is Miller add Horvat and they simply outweigh Cory on his own.
Yep. Miller+Horvat >> Schneider.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Canuck-One wrote:Two quality players. I feel that Horvat has amazing potential and Miller has already proven himself. Cory is good but so is Miller add Horvat and they simply outweigh Cory on his own.
:cheers:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hey Beta, I heard Sekeres read your tweet. U a famous dood! :P

Anyways, I liked Schneids, but what is done is done. At the time, just BoHo alone didn't seem like a good return on the trade. It's still early, we probably can't judge this trade till another 3-4 years. It'll be interesting to see how Schneids does this year as he is given the top dawg job with Marty gone. If Schneids goes on to win a couple Vezinas and a Conne Smythe, then it would really blow. If he continues to trend as say a top 10 goalie, but not exactly elite, then it won't be too bad. It'll be interesting to see how BoHo does in a few years, if he can become a top 6 forward and a top two-way centre.

I really like Eddie Lack Attack Pack, so I'm comfortable with him going forward. Getting Miller for 3 years should give us a solid tandem for awhile too. Probably not as good as the Lou-Schneids tandem, but still very good.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:I'll take Horvat and Miller 10 times out of 10.
Jovocop wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
:cheers:
Well, I could understand your loyalty for current Canucks, given you are Fanatics of said team ....... I would be very interested to know how neutral parities (non Canucks' Fanatics) opinion on this mater would be.

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:Hey Beta, I heard Sekeres read your tweet. U a famous dood! :P
Yeah, the Betamax brand is going multi-platform.

Anyway, uh, having my lifelong cyber dream crushed here with "Hall of Fan" status being, uh, relegated to second tier status :( <--- (see wot the CC powers did there?) ........ I've uh, re-calibrated and my new cyber goals, and, uh, it's to be one day mentioned in the same TEAM Radio light as my twitter bro, Tanbir from Surrey, Basketball Phil and also that guy the chimes in from "Legal Affairs" and the rest of those brothas etc.. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote: Well, I could understand your loyalty for current Canucks, given you are Fanatics of said team ....... I would be very interested to know how neutral parities (non Canucks' Fanatics) opinion on this mater would be.
Shift.

:shock:

You addressed Canucks fans, what perspective did you think you would get on a Canucks goddamn hockey talk messageboard?
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote: Well, I could understand your loyalty for current Canucks, given you are Fanatics of said team ....... I would be very interested to know how neutral parities (non Canucks' Fanatics) opinion on this mater would be.
Shift.

:shock:

You addressed Canucks fans, what perspective did you think you would get on a Canucks goddamn hockey talk messageboard?
LOL .... so you only think Canucks fans are readers/participants here on this goddamn hockey talk messageboard?

I mean aren't there also some cc users here that participate on the Flames board? It sure seems like it, since there's a goddamn dedicated thread here, typically whining about what they say there!

Please refer to: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Curious that. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Betamax wrote: LOL .... so you only think Canucks fans are readers/participants here on this goddamn hockey talk messageboard?
Not what I said at all.

Where did I say "only" Canucks fans participate here?

By posting in a Canucks messageboard any person with an IQ > 70 would know they are going to receive a perspective dominated by Canucks fans. Tell me I'm wrong! :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Betamax wrote: LOL .... so you only think Canucks fans are readers/participants here on this goddamn hockey talk messageboard?
Not what I said at all.

Where did I say "only" Canucks fans participate here?

By posting in a Canucks messageboard any person with an IQ > 70 would know they are going to receive a perspective dominated by Canucks fans. Tell me I'm wrong! :mex:
Uh, you said ... "I addressed Canucks fans" .... yeah I know most people that peruse this forum are 1st and foremost Canucks fan, but as that thread I highlighted:
Betamax wrote:I mean aren't there also some cc users here that participate on the Flames board? It sure seems like it, since there's a goddamn dedicated thread here, typically whining about what they say there!

Please refer to: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Curious that. :mex:
The OP of that thread wrote,
BCExpat wrote:Well, since I'm a Flames fan on these boards, I guess I'll start the "meanwhile over in bountiful..." thread over here. New location - new name.
Ergo, it would be interested in reading the "few" non-Canucks fans' opinion on what option do they think is better from an asset value assessment. :mex: