2014 UFA Offseason

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: 2014 UFA Offseason

Post by ClamRussel »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
SKYO wrote: I can't see a Hurricane territory like scenario here mr clam.
Nope. We have better goaltending.
We shall see.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

SKYO wrote:June 25 - With Booth bought out plus if Kesler traded for prospects/picks and Garrison/or/Tanev traded to move up, man we'd have almost $18-$20M in cap space haha. :o and thats with Kassian re-signed at $1.75M per (bridge contract)
:thumbs:

And time for my next prediction Tanev 4 years @ $3M per - limited no trade clause (5 teams he won't waive to)
or NO ntc at all.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Santorelli signed by the Laffs for 1 yr 1.5 million. :?
I would have like to see us keep him as an insurance policy. :|
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:
SKYO wrote:June 25 - With Booth bought out plus if Kesler traded for prospects/picks and Garrison/or/Tanev traded to move up, man we'd have almost $18-$20M in cap space haha. :o and thats with Kassian re-signed at $1.75M per (bridge contract)

And time for my next prediction Tanev 4 years @ $3M per - limited no trade clause (5 teams he won't waive to)
or NO ntc at all.

Is Tanev even eligible for a NTC?
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:

or NO ntc at all.

Is Tanev even eligible for a NTC?
And why would Benning give him one? He's either a Canuck, or he doesn't play NHL hockey. If someone wants to give him an offer sheet we wouldn't match (say 7 years @ $6M per) I'd take the 1st + 2nd + 3rd round picks and say thank you very much.

Tanev strikes me as someone who values himself highly. There's nothing wrong with that, but we could be looking at a player that wants to sign only until he's UFA-eligible. It was a battle last time getting him signed, and it's shaping up that way again this summer. If that's the case I'd be looking to deal him before his next contract is up. He's not a franchise d-man.