Panthers buy out Jovanovski

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Panthers buy out Jovanovski

Post by theman »

Wouldn't touch him with a 10 food pole now, but interesting none the less.
The Florida Panthers have placed defenceman Ed Jovanovski on unconditional waivers for the purposes of a buyout.

The 38-year-old Panthers captain scored one goal and four assists in 37 games with the Panthers in 2013-14.

Jovanovski had one year remaining on a four-year deal he signed with the Panthers prior to the 2011-12 season. The deal is worth an average annual value of $4.125 million.

The veteran defenceman had hip surgery in April, 2013 and was not activated from the injured reserve until January of this year.

Originally selected first overall by the Panthers at the 1994 NHL Entry Draft, Jovanovski has scored 137 goals and 363 assists in 1,128 career NHL games with the Panthers, Vancouver Canucks and Phoenix Coyotes.

He has represented Canada on the international stage on a number of occasions, winning a gold medal at the 2002 Olympic Games in Salt lake City.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456006
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Panthers buy out Jovanovski

Post by SKYO »

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Image
He's 38 years old, and he can still play.

If he could be had for1 year at $1M would ya do it?

I would, and use him in the 6-7 spot.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Why even bother, lol
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Why even bother, lol
Only because we don't have any young talent outside of Corrado, who some people think is still a year or two away.....if ever.

He's a risk/reward player, was a fan favorite, and if it's for one year then why not....he can still rush the puck and contribute on the PP.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Okay Mëds, good one, you had us all going there for a few minutes I think.

Time to fess up and admit that this was a joke.

It is a joke, right?

Right Mëds?

:crazy:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

dbr wrote:Okay Mëds, good one, you had us all going there for a few minutes I think.

It is a joke, right?

Right Mëds?

The fact that Mëds is, uh, a "CC Legend" makes me seriously want to rethink what my next cc dream to pursue. :(
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dbr wrote:Okay Mëds, good one, you had us all going there for a few minutes I think.

It is a joke, right?

Right Mëds?

I thought for sure I'd get a stronger reaction than what I got.....but there is still an element that I was considering.....He's a last resort kind of option. Seriously, even if Corrado is actually ready for limited duty, who do we plug into our blueline right now in the case of a couple injuries? Call up Anderssen?

I wouldn't do it if he wanted more than 1 year and came uber cheap.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Betamax wrote:

It is a joke, right?

Right Mëds?

The fact that Mëds is, uh, a "CC Legend" makes me seriously want to rethink what my next cc dream to pursue. :(
Ask anyone Beta, my posts are legendary.........for coming out of left field at times and being upside down and backasswards. ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: The fact that Mëds is, uh, a "CC Legend" makes me seriously want to rethink what my next cc dream to pursue. :(
Careful Beta, your cyberbro Todd wanted Jovocop here in the land of the Nuck last season.

Yeah at $4m+ :(
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: The fact that Mëds is, uh, a "CC Legend" makes me seriously want to rethink what my next cc dream to pursue. :(
Careful Beta, your cyberbro Todd wanted Jovocop here in the land of the Nuck last season.

You're making that up right?
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Ugh. Jovocop isn't even a shell of that former tumbleweed.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Careful Beta, your cyberbro Todd wanted Jovocop here in the land of the Nuck last season.

Well to be honest Jovo was his choice as the contract coming back in a Luongo trade.

viewtopic.php?p=190693#p190693
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: If anything, I'm sure that MG and Co will be willing to accomodate Lou and move him to an Eastern team (preferably Florida) for next to nothing if one of those teams are willing to take on his contract. Maybe a deal where we take on some salary in return like Lou for Jovo or B.Campbell.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Careful Beta, your cyberbro Todd wanted Jovocop here in the land of the Nuck last season.

Well to be honest Jovo was his choice as the contract coming back in a Luongo trade.
That's still fucking terrible.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

Jovo was entertaining as a Canuck.

Remember that Deadmarsh fight. Jovo was swinging for the fences & Deadmarsh stepped in to play catcher. Boom goes the dynamite.

Time for Jovo to hang em up.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.