Canucks select Jared McCann at #24

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Canucks select Jared McCann at #24

Post by Cornuck »

2013-14 Team: Sault Ste. Marie League: OHL
Position: Centre Height: 6'0"
DOB: May 31, 1996 Weight: 179 lbs.
2013-14 Statistics
Team GP G A PTS +/-
Sault Ste. Marie 64 27 35 62 +9

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks select Jared McCann at #24

Post by Topper »

More C's
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Topper wrote:More C's
3Cs ..... to be more specific. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

High IQ, great skater, great work ethic, plays the 200 foot game but apparently has an elite skill set whom scouts say is capable of putting more points than he did this season.

Him and Virtanen played together at the U-18s. The team is building a good young core group of kids that this organization hasn't seen in a long, long while, love it, Depth, depth, depth
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote:Profile
2013-14 Team: Sault Ste. Marie League: OHL
Position: Centre Height: 6'0"
DOB: May 31, 1996 Weight: 179 lbs.
2013-14 Statistics
Team GP G A PTS +/-
Sault Ste. Marie 64 27 35 62 +9

impressed with those highlights
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Topper wrote:More C's
not really

when it comes to prospects, Horvat, McCann and Cassels are our natural centres. Gaunce and Fox play wing too. Virtanen, Kassian, Jensen, Shinkaruk are natural wingers. I think it's a good blend.

Its going to be a couple years before McCann and Cassels can make an impact and by then, Hank Sedin will be gone with just Bonino and Horvat there to take over, still lots of room for more centres.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RoyalDude wrote:The team is building a good young core group of kids that this organization hasn't seen in a long, long while, love it, Depth, depth, depth
Too bad there won't be a lockout in 2016 so they could have a year in the AHL to gel
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Topper wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The team is building a good young core group of kids that this organization hasn't seen in a long, long while, love it, Depth, depth, depth
Too bad there won't be a lockout in 2016 so they could have a year in the AHL to gel
That was an Oiler joke you guys!
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Kid pulled a Steve Francis. LOL.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

great pick up, good size and better than expected this year for a 24th overall pick.

ranked higher than 24.

great picks this year now time to give these kids and last years some icetime on the big team within the next couple seasons.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Guess he took the question wrong, seems to be happy to be drafted here.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

SKYO wrote:Guess he took the question wrong, seems to be happy to be drafted here.

Wow. I think he lapped himself backtracking there. :lol:

Not a bad pick IMO. Methinks this kid will take some time and seasoning before making the big show, but he might turn out to be a good 3C option - wait a minute, don't we have a boat-load of them in the system? Bah, trade ammunition at worst in that event.

Maybe move him to some ON team he evidently wanted to go to. Looked in a state of miserable shock in that "it is what it is" interview before his agent got hold of him. Grow up, kid. You ain't Lindros.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

McCann wasn't happy about falling in the draft, he was expected to go in the top 15
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:McCann wasn't happy about falling in the draft, he was expected to go in the top 15
Well suck it up, kiddo and use it for motivation. If he believes he's better than his draft positioning, I'd love to see him show it on the ice.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently McCann has elite skill level and the general criticism of him was that he wasn't using it enough. You can't teach skill.