Garrison traded to Tampa Bay

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Garrison traded to Tampa Bay

Post by Hockey Widow »

^^^

We have the green light to spend to the cap max so I doubt highly it is a cost saving move. I believe it is as it is, they don't see him as top 4, they want to move Tanev into the top 4 and they have Stanton and Corrado still on the roster. It was purely house cleaning. If that gives them more cap flexibility in the FA frenzy so be it. They just felt he was over rated, over paid and cleaned house.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Sbisa'd out.

Garrison's home town discount wasn't onerous. His shot is rarely on the net and he won't fire unless it is in his wheelhouse. It was frustrating to watch.

Bigger younger faster.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

mathonwy wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
mathonwy wrote:I'm a bit surprised how little value Garrison had. A top 4 defenceman for us last season worth less than a mid round 2nd round pick. If Garrison is worth less than a mid round 2nd round pick, then I shudder to guess at what Edler is worth right now.

Garrison had more value than that but only wanted to go to one of the Florida teams. Panthers weren't interested. Tampa actually did us a solid. Like I said we had a deal with St. Louis for Berglund straight up but Garrison refused to waive for the Blues.

All in all it was a cap dump for Benning and Tampa at least stepped up. The main part, it was a cap dump. Tanev steps into the number 4 spot so someone had to go.
Thanks for the recap HDub... I haven't had the time to keep up.

If, as you say, Garrison has more value than what we got for him and Garrison was just a cap dump, what do we need all the cap space for? The FA market is slim pickings.

Maybe its not a cap dump, and more of a "we don't need such a good defenseman on the Canucks at this point of time" so lets save some money?
Pierre McGuire speculated that the Canucks might be looking at a trade for a younger defenseman with upside. He mentioned the name Tyler Myers who has a 5.5M AAV. :mex:
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

didn't really see the value in this deal but trust Benning's judgement.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Favourite move of the day, couldn't stand Country Club Garrison. Bye Bye. Sbisa is a huge improvement mainly for the reason that Sbisa plays with an edge where Garrison is just enjoying his time out there and can't figure why everyone is so agro on the ice, "like chill out everyone, lets go build a bonfire at crescent beach after the game and bring our acoustic guitars and make love to the horizon"
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

RoyalDude wrote:Favourite move of the day, couldn't stand Country Club Garrison. Bye Bye. Sbisa is a huge improvement mainly for the reason that Sbisa plays with an edge where Garrison is just enjoying his time out there and can't figure why everyone is so agro on the ice, "like chill out everyone, lets go build a bonfire at crescent beach after the game and bring our acoustic guitars and make love to the horizon"
But he was the leading scorer on defense :? ,
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Favourite move of the day, couldn't stand Country Club Garrison. Bye Bye. Sbisa is a huge improvement mainly for the reason that Sbisa plays with an edge where Garrison is just enjoying his time out there and can't figure why everyone is so agro on the ice, "like chill out everyone, lets go build a bonfire at crescent beach after the game and bring our acoustic guitars and make love to the horizon"

slow as fuck and way too fucking nice and his shot was as accurate as Jiri Slegr. Blob McKenzie must be depressed cause he loved Country Club Garrison

Is Mëds on suicide watch after hearing how much Benning and Linden love Edler?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

RoyalDude wrote:where Garrison is just enjoying his time out there and can't figure why everyone is so agro on the ice, "like chill out everyone, lets go build a bonfire at crescent beach after the game and bring our acoustic guitars and make love to the horizon"
LOFL!
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
dangler wrote:

slow as fuck and way too fucking nice and his shot was as accurate as Jiri Slegr. Blob McKenzie must be depressed cause he loved Country Club Garrison

Is Mëds on suicide watch after hearing how much Benning and Linden love Edler?
I was.....briefly.....but now the tricyclics and amphetamines are kicking in. I'm all good.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Favourite move of the day, couldn't stand Country Club Garrison. Bye Bye. Sbisa is a huge improvement mainly for the reason that Sbisa plays with an edge where Garrison is just enjoying his time out there and can't figure why everyone is so agro on the ice, "like chill out everyone, lets go build a bonfire at crescent beach after the game and bring our acoustic guitars and make love to the horizon"
Agree on both counts.

Fuckin WhiteRockers. :hmmm:

I've always liked Sbisa though (check the archives!).

A little overpaid for a number six though? :eh:

Guess he's young enough to develop into a Top 4, but he seems to have stagnated lately.
____
Try to focus on someday.