If it took Horvat + 6th to acquire 2014 1st pick, would ya?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If trading Horvat + 6th pick was the only way to acquire the 2014 1st pick, would ya do it?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:43 am

YES! YES! YES!
18%
NO means NO.
76%
Other (Please explain in post)
6%

Total votes: 49

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: If it took Horvat + 6th to acquire 2014 1st pick, would

Post by Hockey Widow »

The thing with the hip surgery is it could tak a full season before he gets back to his A game which to me says he is better suited in Utica. Not exactly what Tallon wants right now. Word is Tallon wants a seasoned roster player as part of the package, preferably a RW. So who really knows what he wants. He could flip the pick and get Evander Kane for all we know.
The only HW the Canucks need
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Betamax wrote:
black ace wrote:Im not sure that Horvat's projection is that much lower than Reinhart's. Horvat probably projects as a 2/3 line center while most experts seem to project Reinhart as a 2nd line center. Just because he is one of the 2 best forwards available this year doesnt mean he is going to be a top line player.

Not sure how you can justify throwing in a #6 pick for the difference.
Mckeen's who ranked him 1st overall compared him favourably to a Ron Francis. I think most people would say that the HOFer was a top line player. So, just because Bob McKenzie says he's just going to be a 2C doesn't mean it's carved in stone. You're right, unlike next year, the top two/three projected forwards in this year's draft i.e. two Sams and DD aren't in the same class as "can't miss" McDavid or Eichel but they still have a reasonable chance to be impact players. :mex:
Oh I didnt realize Reinhart was going to play 23 seasons in the NHL score 550 goals and 1800 points.

I think the Canucks should trade this years first, next years first and anything else Florida wants. :roll:
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:I showed you mine, you show me yours? You're a weird one BetaSox.
For a guy that voluntarily choses to have an avatar of some guy engaging in fellatio, that's a bit rich of you to write that. :hmmm:
If you were paying attention you'd already know aaron18 disclosed this photograph is a historical shot of a young Coach Willie earning his stripes.
Betamax wrote:Oh God, are you now saying Horvat would be a top 4 pick in this year's draft? Nonsense. Can we get serious?

Learn to read closer BetaSox, focus. I said if Bo from 2013 was up against the overhyped-future-flop-class-of-2014 ;) he'd probably land in the top 4or so. If it was Bo from this year he'd go later. Try to to get confused in your hypothetical universes. [/quote]
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:The thing with the hip surgery is it could tak a full season before he gets back to his A game which to me says he is better suited in Utica. Not exactly what Tallon wants right now. Word is Tallon wants a seasoned roster player as part of the package, preferably a RW. So who really knows what he wants. He could flip the pick and get Evander Kane for all we know.
Yeah, from the Canucks' offer it seems like they are looking for wingers to complement their Killer Bs' at C. Kane's a LW, so is Shinkaruk. Nicklas Jensen's a RW ... therefore, substitute Shinkaruk for Jensen and get the deal done! :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:Learn to read closer BetaSox, focus. I said if Bo from 2013 was up against the overhyped-future-flop-class-of-2014 ;) he'd probably land in the top 4or so. If it was Bo from this year he'd go later. Try to to get confused in your hypothetical universes.
I did read your comments. I stated for the record, I think The Son of Paul compares favourably and a bit better than the guy selected 6th overall by Calgary, Sean Monahan in the 2013 Draft who is a better prospect right now than Bo Horvat.

Therefore, I highly doubt he would land in the top four, since the "Big 4" in this years draft are rated fairly comparable to each other before there's a drop off. :mex:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Island Nucklehead wrote:This is why it's so hard having impossible to have a grown up discussion with you.

Do you not understand how these issues completely undermine your credibility on any given argument?
It's the eternal question, isn't it. Like when someone cuts you off in traffic.. are they tragically incompetent or just a monumental asshole? Either way, get off the fucking road.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

dbr wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:This is why it's so hard having impossible to have a grown up discussion with you.

Do you not understand how these issues completely undermine your credibility on any given argument?
It's the eternal question, isn't it. Like when someone cuts you off in traffic.. are they tragically incompetent or just a monumental asshole? Either way, get off the fucking road.
Well, if you don't like what you're reading here ... you're more than welcome to GTFO of this thread. :mex:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I'm thinking this thread has run it's course. 75% is saying FUCK NO to that trade is a pretty sizable majority of us that want nothing to do with Horvat+6th for 1st overall.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I'm thinking this thread has run it's course. 75% is saying FUCK NO to that trade is a pretty sizable majority of us that want nothing to do with Horvat+6th for 1st overall.
If you think so, then you are also welcome to abstain from further participation. As long as the the Canucks are still in the mix to move up for the pick, this thread is relevant.

As for the Poll results itself, given the number of alleged socks that were running around on the forum before the sock hunter terminated them, I think I would take the results with a grain of salt.

In all honesty, I would be giddy like a weight challenged adolescent kid at an AYCE buffet restaurant if Linden's Army goes "All IN" and offers your prized Bo + the 6th on a platter for the 1st overall pick and it gets accepted by Tallon:

Not for the fact that I want to see Bo go since I rate him highly, but to read the reaction from the fans that are too emotionally invested vis-a-vis unproven prospects. Now, if you were family or personal friends of said individual, I could understand that, but I take it you're just a fan overvaluing one of "your own." :mex:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Betamax wrote:As for the Poll results itself, given the number of alleged socks that were running around on the forum before the sock hunter terminated them, I think I would take the results with a grain of salt.
Oh, I already do: I'm guessing 7 of the votes in favour came from your various personalities.
Not for the fact that I want to see Bo go since I rate him highly, but to read the reaction from the fans :mex:
No, you don't rate him highly. Your raging boner for the ginger proves it.

And it's pretty sad that you're in favour of the Canucks making a poor trade just to watch other fans suffer. Congrats, you're the Asshole of the Month. :thumbs:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Betamax wrote:As for the Poll results itself, given the number of alleged socks that were running around on the forum before the sock hunter terminated them, I think I would take the results with a grain of salt.
Oh, I already do: I'm guessing 7 of the votes in favour came from your various personalities.
Uh, you're wrong again. Nothing new.
No, you don't rate him highly. Your raging boner for the ginger proves it.
Let's see, The Cory was the reigning Team MVP, in his prime of his career, beat out the former franchise goalie who had a "lifetime contract" for the starting goalie job (the most important position in hockey) and he gets traded for just one asset back -- an unproven but decent prospect that isn't "can't miss."

I say that's looking at things in a rational manner. 8-)

And it's pretty sad that you're in favour of the Canucks making a poor trade just to watch other fans suffer. Congrats, you're the Asshole of the Month. :thumbs:
How do you know it will end up being a "poor" trade if those are the pieces that get the deal done? I posed the question to an independent prospect expert, Corey Pronman, and he stated he thought that was a "reasonable" offer for the pick. Not excessive and he did mention that the Panthers might want even a "little bit bit more." :mex:

For reference:
Betamax wrote:Okay, I asked THE question of how reasonable an offer a Horvat + 6th for the 2014 1st overall pick is to an independent third party that gets paid to analyze the top prospects ....

Corey Pronman @coreypronman

bio:
NHL writer for ESPN. I write about prospects and stuff. I'm also sarcastic. cpronman [at] gmail. Views expressed are the correct ones. I don't do player comps.
via: https://twitter.com/coreypronman/status ... 3511962625
Corey Pronman ‏@coreypronman

Yes, but as FLA I'd want little more. RT @Betamax1080p: @coreypronman 6th overall + Horvat a reasonable offer for 1st overall pick?

5:16 PM - 21 Jun 2014
Interesting that. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Let's see, The Cory was the reigning Team MVP, in his prime of his career, beat out the former franchise goalie who had a "lifetime contract" for the starting goalie job (the most important position in hockey) and he gets traded for just one asset back -- an unproven but decent prospect that isn't "can't miss."
Oh ffs, even Eddie Suckage Lack beat out the Living Legend for the starting goalie job! :lol:

Face it, you have an irrational love for Panic Attack, McGuire, Myers, Reinhart, etc...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:
Betamax wrote: Let's see, The Cory was the reigning Team MVP, in his prime of his career, beat out the former franchise goalie who had a "lifetime contract" for the starting goalie job (the most important position in hockey) and he gets traded for just one asset back -- an unproven but decent prospect that isn't "can't miss."
Oh ffs, even Eddie Suckage Lack beat out the Living Legend for the starting goalie job! :lol:

Face it, you have an irrational love for Panic Attack, McGuire, Myers, Reinhart, etc...
Uh, at least they are or will be part of the NHL. You can't say the same with your man Torts' ....... who basically thought Lack was going to provide what Cory did when he became the de facto no. 1. The results after Lu was gone writes for itself. :mex:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote: Uh, at least they are or will be part of the NHL. You can't say the same with your man Torts' ....... who basically thought Lack was going to provide what Cory did when he became the de facto no. 1. The results after Lu was gone writes for itself. :mex:
UMMMMM.... how would YOU know what Torts "thought"?

And POINT WAS if prima donna (Italian for "first lady") Lou is going to have a hissy fit at every turn...

Well he can go fuck himself up the ass in Florida with a red-hot poker says I.

What say you? Image

(nice gimmick btw)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey Doc, you miss those boxed wines from the great Port Moody vineyard - Andres wines? I bet you were throwing that shit down your gullet like it was going out of style back when you lived across the street from Clark Park
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau