Canucks with #6 overall

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks with #6 overall

Post by Betamax »

Tciso wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draf ... ings-1-10/
Hmm. trading our 6th and Horvat to move up one spot (using Sportsnet's rankings) looks pretty damned stupid now, dunnit?
Linden was on TEAM radio this morning and suggested that there is a 1st tier of four prospects of the 3 centres (Two Sams' and the DD) and Ekblad. That's why they want to move up, to draft one of the four. He was asked about The Son Of Paul and he said it is very unlikely he would be available at 6th. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Betamax wrote:
Tciso wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

Hmm. trading our 6th and Horvat to move up one spot (using Sportsnet's rankings) looks pretty damned stupid now, dunnit?
Linden was on TEAM radio this morning and suggested that there is a 1st tier of four prospects of the 3 centres (Two Sams' and the DD) and Ekblad. That's why they want to move up, to draft one of the four. He was asked about The Son Of Paul and he said it is very unlikely he would be available at 6th. :mex:
I agree with Linden. Dal Colle does not belong in that group. He belongs with the next tier which is Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen, Perlini, Fleury, Ehlers and Kapanen. I'm still taking Virtanen, Nylander and Ritchie ahead of Dal Colle if Dal Colle is there at 6.

I'm assuming DD is Leon Draisaitl and not Michael Dal Colle. No way I pick Dal Colle ahead of Draisatl
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Tciso wrote:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

I agree with Linden. Dal Colle does not belong in that group. He belongs with the next tier which is Nylander, Ritchie, Virtanen, Perlini, Fleury, Ehlers and Kapanen. I'm still taking Virtanen, Nylander and Ritchie ahead of Dal Colle if Dal Colle is there at 6.

I'm assuming DD is Leon Draisaitl and not Michael Dal Colle. No way I pick Dal Colle ahead of Draisatl
DD = (The) Deutschland Dangler :mex:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Very little attention paid to Kasperi Kapanen...the top ranked Euro in this draft...has a little more size to his game than Nylander and appears to be that offensive weapon we lack up front without the defensive issues...
Plays right wing but oozes talent. Wouldn't be surprised to see his name called at #6 then go on to be the best of the bunch...
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

More on Kapanen via the score:

Overview

The top-rated European skater in the draft pool, Kapanen is an offensively gifted player who cut his teeth in the pro game playing alongside his father and former NHLer Sami Kapanen with SM-Liiga's KalPa.

Unable to suit up for the gold-medal winning Finnish squad at the 2014 IIHF World Junior Championship because of a shoulder injury, Kapanen posted respectable numbers for KalPa despite toiling for a last-place club at a young age.

Kapanen possesses elite, game-breaking abilities; a strong skater, he excels at both ends of the ice with a dangerous combination of puck handling, passing and shooting skills.

Projected as a top-10 pick, Kapanen would be a good fit for offensively-starved teams such as the Nashville Predators, Winnipeg Jets and Vancouver Canucks. Don't be surprised, however, to see him land in Carolina, where his father played for six years.

Pro Comparison

Patrick Kane, Ilya Kovalchuk
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Remember all the flack I took for trying to promote the Canucks to draft Ekblad?
Strangelove wrote:Skyo: You you are eerily obsessed with Ekblad.
RoyalDude wrote:Skyo...Ekblad will never amount to an elite defenseman. He's like Beauchemin mixed with Seabrook. He ain't no Doughty or Karlsson
RoyalDude wrote:Skyo, you're the only shmoe who thinks..drafting Ekblad instead of Sam R is better for us considering our 2 best forwards are turning 34 in september and with no elite young skilled forward talent in the system to replace them. Give your feathers a shake my good man.
RoyalDude wrote:SKYO, Ekblad is not elite potential defenseman. He's like a touch better Brent Seabrook or something, who has had the luxury of playing for a very good team while paired with Duncan Keith. You don't bypass someone like Reinhart for Ekblad. You get an opportunity to get a player like Reinhart you take it. Ekblad is not in that 'special' defenseman category to take him over Reinhart. Our offense will take a serious hit here in the short term as father time is gonna creep up fast on the Sedins. Once they are gone, this teams offense at forward is pretty fucking awful moving forward.
RoyalDude wrote:Rumsfeld and RD are on the same page, we are in a good position to make a move with Florida for their 1st I overall. Toss them Edler and our 6th, draft Reinhart! Skyo you're not right in the head if you are taking Aaron 'Chris Phillips' Ekblad instead of local kid - CENTRE - Reinhart. That's as bad as Montreal passing on local kid Denis Savard and taking Wickenheiser.
Well well well...
Defensemen don’t normally win the Calder Trophy, but Ekblad sure could.

don’t count out Florida’s Aaron Ekblad. The Panthers’ 18-year-old defenseman, the first overall pick in the 2014 draft, co-leads his team with 17 points (4G, 13A) in 25 games, while logging 21:45 of ice time per contest. Only one rookie, New Jersey’s Damon Severson (4G, 6A), has played more total minutes than Eklbad has this season.

prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/08/defensemen-dont-normally-win-the-calder-trophy-but-ekblad-sure-could/

And he's in some elite company for an 18 yr old dman..
http://www.hockey-reference.com/play-in ... s_per_game
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Skyo: You you are eerily obsessed with Ekblad.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

lol :scowl:
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Watch RD spin this somehow, he is good at that.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Sky, I don't know how you and Doc do it.

How can you pat yourselves on back so hard without breaking an arm. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote:Sky, I don't know how you and Doc do it.

haha hey now I rarely do that, just RD was so adamantly against my ideal. :P
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote:

Fair enough - it's not often that RD is wrong. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:
SKYO wrote:

Fair enough - it's not often that RD is wrong. ;)
Oh Ye of Little Hind Sight
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.