Canucks with #6 overall

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Canucks with #6 overall

Post by ClamRussel »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Schroeder is a good example why picking a small skilled forward could be very risky. In the East, he might be fine but would have a hard time surviving in the West.
Yeah. From what I've seen though, Nylander is considerably more skilled than Schroeder was in his draft year. I fucking hated that pick.

It was a waste of a pick...
The next Parise, 'experts' said.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl-draf ... ings-1-10/
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

do not want dal colle.

apparently he was the runaway winner in worst interview category when put through the interviewing process at the combine but that is not why i dont want him, he's too gangly with his scrawny chicken legs. He will get busted up in the NHL pretty quickly. Predict a bust in Dal Colle

i could see Edmonton taking Ritchie
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

Although I think they're rankings are a bit questionable, as they have the top 5 as:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

Well if that doesn't prove how all over the map the rankings are I don't know what does. I really think anything goes this year. Everything I've heard about Bennett, save the non-push-up, sounds fantastic. He mentored under Gilmour, and molds his game after him. Never a bad idea. They have Virtanen at 7, I'd bet JB snaps him up over Dal Cole if we're picking 6th.

Also, if Reinhart does drop that could open up the doors for us to trade up (on the cheap) if a team feels their player would still be available (ie swap for a draft pick, or roster player).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If Reinhart makes it to 5 no way the Islanders not select him with his brother there, I don't care how many centres they have

Yeah still think the Canucks take Virtanen even if dal Colle is there. Would not surprise me seeing Dal Colle drop a fair bit

Buffalo will not take Ekblad. After picking Zadarov and Ritsolainen in the first round last year, who are better than Ekblad, not too mention already having Myers, it would be very redundant if they picked another D man like Ekblad. They need forwards
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Reinhart at 5. LOFL.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Rumsfeld wrote:Reinhart at 5. LOFL.
Yeah that's a bad mock draft, one of the worst. I don't think grocery cart Skyo has made mock drafts this bad
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

If somehow The Son Of Paul drops one spot further to 6th and the Canucks draft him for no additional cost, I will voluntarily leave this forum. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Betamax wrote:
If somehow The Son Of Paul drops one spot further to 6th and the Canucks draft him for no additional cost, I will voluntarily leave this forum. :mex:
So that would mean one handle less of you?
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:If Reinhart makes it to 5 no way the Islanders not select him with his brother there, I don't care how many centres they have

Yeah still think the Canucks take Virtanen even if dal Colle is there. Would not surprise me seeing Dal Colle drop a fair bit

Buffalo will not take Ekblad. After picking Zadarov and Ritsolainen in the first round last year, who are better than Ekblad, not too mention already having Myers, it would be very redundant if they picked another D man like Ekblad. They need forwards
Speaking of brothers, if Van does land Sam would they go all in & make a move for Griffin? Perhaps Garth would like RK behind Tavares?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Can't see RK waiving to go to the Isle
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Sportsnet has the Canucks landing Dal Colle at 6. Not bad!

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

Hmm. trading our 6th and Horvat to move up one spot (using Sportsnet's rankings) looks pretty damned stupid now, dunnit?
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Tciso wrote:

5. Reinhart
4. Draisaitl
3. Ritchie
2. Ekblad
1. Bennett

Hmm. trading our 6th and Horvat to move up one spot (using Sportsnet's rankings) looks pretty damned stupid now, dunnit?
I can't fathom a scenario where Draisaitl goes ahead of Reinhart. It's even less plausible that Ritchie goes 3rd. I fully expect Reinhart/Ekblad/Bennett to go 1-2-3, just unsure of who goes where.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:Can't see RK waiving to go to the Isle
Probably not but if he really wants out of here he'll open up the possibility to more than 6 teams.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The other possibility is moving assets we get from RK or other pieces for Griffin.