The Final Buyout

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do YOU think the Canucks should spend their last buyout on?

Alex Burrows
25%
David Booth
39%
Alex Edler
No votes
Chris Higgins
4%
Jannik Hansen
No votes
Alex Edler
No votes
Jason Garrison
4%
"Trade" the buyout
29%

Total votes: 28

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Re: The Final Buyout

Post by ESQ »

Well, so long Booth.

One of the best "on-paper" trades (Old, injured players for young/fast/tough), and yet still managed to be a disappointment.

But hey, Samuelsson is a UFA, maybe JB can re-sign him for that rotating 1st line/2nd line winger we've been missing! :lol:

But in all seriousness, this looks like a pretty clear sign that some young guys are getting a real shot at cracking the roster this season. So long as one of Schroeder, Jensen, Horvat, Shinkaruk or the new 1RP gets more than 10 goals this season it will be an improvement.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

ESQ wrote:But in all seriousness, this looks like a pretty clear sign that some young guys are getting a real shot at cracking the roster this season. So long as one of Schroeder, Jensen, Horvat, Shinkaruk or the new 1RP gets more than 10 goals this season it will be an improvement.
I hope you're right.

But it could also mean they're looking to clear cap space for a big UFA aquisition.

I hope they let Schroeder walk, I've seen enough and he might squeeze one of our other kids out of getting games.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Rumsfeld wrote:
ESQ wrote:But in all seriousness, this looks like a pretty clear sign that some young guys are getting a real shot at cracking the roster this season. So long as one of Schroeder, Jensen, Horvat, Shinkaruk or the new 1RP gets more than 10 goals this season it will be an improvement.
I hope you're right.

But it could also mean they're looking to clear cap space for a big UFA aquisition.

I hope they let Schroeder walk, I've seen enough and he might squeeze one of our other kids out of getting games.
Schroeder is a good kid but he is just too small to play in the West, especially playing against centres like Thornton, Getzlaf, and Kopitar. Hopefully, MGJB can get something for Schroeder.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Buy Bye Boothy http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722945

Who will be BD's bitch now? :eh:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Arachnid wrote:Buy Bye Boothy http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=722945

Who will be BD's bitch now? :eh:
Matthias, Markstrom and anyone who once played for the Panthers... :mrgreen:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Meh wtf . Was hoping it would be Burrows . Maybe the Habs will take him for a 7th rounder
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Meh wtf . Was hoping it would be Burrows . Maybe the Habs will take him for a 7th rounder
I hope everyone changes their vote above Skinta...er...Blobber, would be a shame to waste an opinion! :P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Sad day for Boothy fans
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Inevitable choice and I doubt anyone here will miss him. Just never worked out here, for whatever reasons, and his cap/roster spot is needed.

Could mean a combination of things; a rookie gets a spot; room to hit FA list; combination of both.

Looking forward to more moves.
The only HW the Canucks need
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:Inevitable choice and I doubt anyone here will miss him. Just never worked out here, for whatever reasons, and his cap/roster spot is needed.

Could mean a combination of things; a rookie gets a spot; room to hit FA list; combination of both.

Looking forward to more moves.
Yeah, it's probably done to create a free roster/line-up spot. Besides a "rookie" or FA ... maybe via trade. I'd like to see The Real Deal Kane here. :mex:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Meh wtf . Was hoping it would be Burrows . Maybe the Habs will take him for a 7th rounder
Ok, ok, dial back the hate a little Blobby.....Burrows would fetch at least a 2nd or 3rd. Depending on the day, and the GM, he might even get a late 1st (like 25th-30th).

:P
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Rumsfeld wrote:
I hope you're right.

my plan - Miller man! *evil laugh*
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:Sad day for Boothy fans
I know I'll always have memories of Booth that I'll cherish. For that I thank him.

Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Actually that clip is probably what got him bought out. Imagine Benning seeing that?
Just embarrassing.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

ClamRussel wrote:Actually that clip is probably what got him bought out. Imagine Benning seeing that?
Just embarrassing.
If he didn't want to get bought out, Booth should have done it a few more times. He might have got himself on the injured reserve.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.