Drew Doughty: You could see worry in Sharks' eyes in 1st Rnd

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Drew Doughty: You could see worry in Sharks' eyes in 1st Rnd

Post by Betamax »

ICYMI (In case you missed it) ......

via: http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hoc ... irst-round

Drew Doughty: You could see worry in Sharks' eyes in first round
By Brian Stubits | Hockey writer
June 11, 2014 3:35 pm ET
Poor San Jose Sharks, ever since the Kings overcame a three-games-to-none deficit to knock them out of the Stanley Cup playoffs in the opening round, it's been a bit of open season on their long-held core.

For years the favorite targets of many have been Joe Thornton and Patrick Marleau. They've both been around for years and fair or not, have been labled as playoff choke artists by a lot of people. Losing that series to LA did absolutely nothing to help that image.

Nor did Kings defenseman Drew Doughty on Wednesday before Game 4 of the Stanley Cup Final.

Doughty was talking about what his team experienced coming back in that series and how his Kings can't afford to let the Rangers get any belief. But in doing so he sort of threw the Sharks' veterans under the bus.

"Once we won that first game in the San Jose series, we kind of had a feeling we were going to come back and win that series, and you could see it in their eyes and their team and their captains and leaders that they were worried about us coming back, so we don't want to give these guys any life," Doughty said ("these guys" are of course the Rangers).
That comment cut to the heart of the SJ Sharks' Core .......

It took me a while to find this unforgetable gif that was buried in one of the threads, so I felt obliged to create a new thread so that wouldn't happen again! :mex:
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Drew Doughty: You could see worry in Sharks' eyes in 1st

Post by The Brown Knight »

Although Doughty is currently my favorite player in the league (sorry fellow Nuck fans :oops: -), those are some stupid stupid comments made by Doughty. Although the Kings will still likely take this series, comments such as Doughty's are the type of shit that get you into trouble.

Canuck fans know this all too well as 3 years ago (to this exact day?), Luongo made his infamous, "pump my tires" comments towards Thomas.

Shut the fuck up and play the game Doughty.

Absolutely classless to throw Thornton and Marleau under a bus like that (in an indirect way).

Past legends such as Gretzky, Messier, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic, Bourque, etc., never chirped off the ice............not once.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Another garbage thread started by the King of them.

Who gives a fuck about Drew Doughty or what he thinks of the Sharks?
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Hey IN you are going to have some garbage when you post 700 times in two months.Too bad its mostly garbage. This guy is making Todd Bersnoozi look like a quality poster.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Art Vandelay wrote:700 times in two months.
:shock:

And that's just... his... sock!!

Yeah, Doughty is gonna get his...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Art Vandelay wrote:Hey IN you are going to have some garbage when you post 700 times in two months.Too bad its mostly garbage. This guy is making Todd Bersnoozi look like a quality poster.
Well no kidding...

But at least he could READ THE FORUM RULES and know where to post his trash. Is this not posted in the Canucks Corner Chat? Which clearly states:
Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

The Brown Knight wrote:Although Doughty is currently my favorite player in the league (sorry fellow Nuck fans :oops: -), those are some stupid stupid comments made by Doughty. Although the Kings will still likely take this series, comments such as Doughty's are the type of shit that get you into trouble.

Canuck fans know this all too well as 3 years ago (to this exact day?), Luongo made his infamous, "pump my tires" comments towards Thomas.

Shut the fuck up and play the game Doughty.

Absolutely classless to throw Thornton and Marleau under a bus like that (in an indirect way).

Past legends such as Gretzky, Messier, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic, Bourque, etc., never chirped off the ice............not once.
Yeah ... also remember the time when Bertuzzi infamously chirping at the Wild Fans that the series was OVER during the '03 Playoffs and then the Wild won three straight to take the series. That Vancouver Canucks team should have at least made it to the Conference Finals. :mex:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

The Brown Knight wrote: Past legends such as Gretzky, Messier, Lemieux, Yzerman, Sakic, Bourque, etc., never chirped off the ice............not once.

Messier did! I remember an interview in 90 during a series with Winnipeg. He was asked if the Oilers were scared after a loss to the Jets, and responded with basically "No. They played their best game, and we played our worst. They cannot play any better than they did tonight, so even an average showing from us will crush them". Those are not his words, but that was the message he gave. But, as history showed, they did beat the Jets that year (and won the cup too)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

The Brown Knight wrote:Although Doughty is currently my favorite player in the league (sorry fellow Nuck fans :oops: -), those are some stupid stupid comments made by Doughty. Although the Kings will still likely take this series, comments such as Doughty's are the type of shit that get you into trouble.
If the NYR manages to win Game 5, can, uh, someone check the eyes of Doughty and the rest of his teammates at the end of the game and report back? :mex:

The Kings have gone 3 straight series that have gone a full seven games, could they stomach a potential fourth one -- and when does fatigue come into play because of that? :hmmm:
Skintag Necklace
CC Rookie

Post by Skintag Necklace »

As a longtime luker I noticed one poster seems to have gone on a bit of a rampage starting new threads. It's a tossup as to which one is the shittiest but this gets my vote.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Betamax wrote:
If the NYR manages to win Game 5, can, uh, someone check the eyes of Doughty and the rest of his teammates at the end of the game and report back? :mex:

The Kings have gone 3 straight series that have gone a full seven games, could they stomach a potential fourth one -- and when does fatigue come into play because of that? :hmmm:
The Kings amaze me.

Never before have I seen a team be able to 'turn the on switch' and go from being a mediocre regular season team to a very dangerous cup contending team in the blink of an eye.

They have done this for 3 straight seasons now. They got away with it in 2012, while injuries got the better of them in 2013. In 2014, they were being badly outplayed by San Jose and then............WHAMMO. They turn on "the switch" and completely rape San Jose like nobody's business.

No one plays Jekyl/Hyde better than the Kings. It's not normally advisable to piss around during the regular season and then wake up when the playoffs start, but the Kings have proven that they can do whatever the hell they want. :shock:

The Dark Indian Rises
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Betamax wrote:

The Kings amaze me.

Never before have I seen a team be able to 'turn the on switch' and go from being a mediocre regular season team to a very dangerous cup contending team in the blink of an eye.

They have done this for 3 straight seasons now. They got away with it in 2012, while injuries got the better of them in 2013. In 2014, they were being badly outplayed by San Jose and then............WHAMMO. They turn on "the switch" and completely rape San Jose like nobody's business.

No one plays Jekyl/Hyde better than the Kings. It's not normally advisable to piss around during the regular season and then wake up when the playoffs start, but the Kings have proven that they can do whatever the hell they want. :shock:
Yeah, now it's time for Linden's Army to recruit John Stevens, and the Canucks can deploy a Bruins/Kings hybrid model ....... :mex:
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Betamax wrote:
Yeah, now it's time for Linden's Army to recruit John Stevens, and the Canucks can deploy a Bruins/Kings hybrid model ....... :mex:
I like John Stevens since he's been a part of (ahem....not one, but two) Stanley Cup Winning teams, but those Kings teams play a very different style than what the Canucks played between 2008-2013 (and the style that Linden/Benning wants us to go back to).

Is Stevens capable of coaching that type of style?

Given the players that we have, is it really in our best interests to deploy a Bruins/Kings hybrid? Isn't that essentially what Tortorella was trying to do? (and failed quite miserably).

I would much rather see the Canucks deploy a Wings/Hawks/Pens hybrid model given our personnel, and perhaps Dan Blysma (sic?) is that guy?

The Dark Indian Rises
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Opposed to playing some other teams style, I would like us to develop our own.

Winning teams set the trend, not follow it. You can't copy another teams style without having their people.
Simple fact.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Betamax wrote:
Yeah ... also remember the time when Bertuzzi infamously chirping at the Wild Fans that the series was OVER during the '03 Playoffs and then the Wild won three straight to take the series. That Vancouver Canucks team should have at least made it to the Conference Finals. :mex:
Ah, the good old WCE days. If only Bert didn't do the sucker punch or if Burkie would of just went and got a real starting goalie, that team could have been destined for much better playoff fortunes (maybe even a Stanley Cup). :oops: