Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Weber and Evander Kane fantasies here are worst than a scroll through the HF Boards
I know eh?! I'm really getting tired of having to wipe Dics....er....lick Docs EK splurge off my screen every time I log-in. :evil:
:crazy:

Well the Kane fantasies make at least some sense

(there are reasons to believe a parting of ways could be coming, and Canucks are primed for a blockbuster).

Weber? Yeah no, not gonna happen.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Reminds of the Gaborik would begat Hossa rumours of years gone bi
I still think that Magic40 kid was a genius, something got lost in the translation is all...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

via: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Kuzma ... story.html

Kuzma: Linden gives embattled Edler a vote of confidence
Canucks president believes struggling but skilled blueliner can still realize his huge potential

By Ben Kuzma, The Province June 3, 2014 5:38 PM
Alex Edler isn’t going anywhere.

The Detroit Red Wings have renewed interest in the Vancouver Canucks defenceman. The Florida Panthers, who own the first 2014 draft pick, may also covet Edler.

However, despite a willingness by general manager Jim Benning to approach players with no-trade clauses, the Canucks aren’t planning to have that conversation with Edler, according to hockey operations president Trevor Linden.

“He’s got all the tools to be a dominant No. 1 defenceman,” Linden said Tuesday from Ottawa where he addressed a Canadian Men’s Health Foundation national launch of a fitness initiative.

“He’d be the first to admit he didn’t have a good year, and part of our job is to recapture the Alex Edler that we all know he can be. He has the skill-set that every team wants and we just have to get him back where he should be.

“There isn’t a team in the league that wouldn’t have its hand up for the opportunity to have an Alex Edler. It’s not in our consideration. We want to work with Alex; we have to get his game back, and I know he’s committed to doing that.”
So, scratch Edler off the list of players' being shipped off. The article speculates that Garrison might be the one D man with an NTC to be asked to waive, or if he can't be traded, then CBO'ed ... that seems a bit ridiculous to me. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Betamax wrote:via: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Kuzma ... story.html

Kuzma: Linden gives embattled Edler a vote of confidence
Canucks president believes struggling but skilled blueliner can still realize his huge potential

By Ben Kuzma, The Province June 3, 2014 5:38 PM
Alex Edler isn’t going anywhere.

The Detroit Red Wings have renewed interest in the Vancouver Canucks defenceman. The Florida Panthers, who own the first 2014 draft pick, may also covet Edler.

However, despite a willingness by general manager Jim Benning to approach players with no-trade clauses, the Canucks aren’t planning to have that conversation with Edler, according to hockey operations president Trevor Linden.

“He’s got all the tools to be a dominant No. 1 defenceman,” Linden said Tuesday from Ottawa where he addressed a Canadian Men’s Health Foundation national launch of a fitness initiative.

“He’d be the first to admit he didn’t have a good year, and part of our job is to recapture the Alex Edler that we all know he can be. He has the skill-set that every team wants and we just have to get him back where he should be.

“There isn’t a team in the league that wouldn’t have its hand up for the opportunity to have an Alex Edler. It’s not in our consideration. We want to work with Alex; we have to get his game back, and I know he’s committed to doing that.”
So, scratch Edler off the list of players' being shipped off. The article speculates that Garrison might be the one D man with an NTC to be asked to waive, or if he can't be traded, then CBO'ed ... that seems a bit ridiculous to me. :mex:
Did you really think that Edler forgot permanently how to be a top quality first defenseman?

Garrison sucks though, he has to go. Even an off Edler is still better than Garrison.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:Did you really think that Edler forgot permanently how to be a top quality first defenseman?

Garrison sucks though, he has to go. Even an off Edler is still better than Garrison.
I think Edler can be reclaimed to be a good top 4 dman and possibly better at a good value AAV. I do think one of the 30s something D men with NTC has to go, and of the three Garrison would be my first choice even though he has the least trade value of the three.

But if Edler stays, it has to mean Kesler goes. :mex:
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Betamax wrote:So, scratch Edler off the list of players' being shipped off. The article speculates that Garrison might be the one D man with an NTC to be asked to waive, or if he can't be traded, then CBO'ed ... that seems a bit ridiculous to me. :mex:
What the hell is he going to say? "Edler sucks we're actively trying to trade him" ? Although to be honest, I cannot possibly imagine him having a worst season next year, and for that reason alone now is probably not the right time to deal him (trade deadline might be another story though, depending on the situation).
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

smoke and mirrors
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote:smoke and mirrors
Agree, people put way too much into what other say.

No one knows what will happen but if this team starts with the same core then I do hope a better than 6th overall is in the cards.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:
Did you really think that Edler forgot permanently how to be a top quality first defenseman?

The guys may have put up points, but he's been a disaster defensively, and a complete choke job in key situations in almost every season other than 2010-11.

If Florida covets him, and you can throw something their way with him at the center that gets back the top pick.....fucking do it.

Edler will NEVER realize his potential.
Thomas K-thair
AHL Prospect

Post by Thomas K-thair »

the 6ft8 season ticket holder from Terrace wrote: blah blah blah blah blah

Yes lets trade a guy when his value is at an all time low . Great asset management right there :roll:
Thomas K-thair
AHL Prospect

Post by Thomas K-thair »

RoyalDude wrote:
Garrison sucks though

No he doesn't . Although the team may have to part with him or an another defenceman to change the mix he doesn't suck. There are a lot worse players making a lot more money thoughout the league.
Thomas K-thair
AHL Prospect

Post by Thomas K-thair »

Betamax wrote: But if Edler stays, it has to mean Kesler goes. :mex:
One has nothing to do with the other.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Topper wrote:smoke and mirrors
Well, TEAM Radio's Rintoul reported yesterday on his radio show from a source he trusts that Edler is not willing to waive his NTC ... so it seems to me that Linden is spinning this as a reclamation project. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds, Mëds, Mëds the sky is the limit for Edler under the right system and coach and partner, the past two seasons have been a confusing mess for everyone. Garrison on the other hand is an extremely limited player. Right now Garrison is 6th on the depth chart behind Hamhius, Bieksa, Edler, Tanev and Stanton. At his money and ranking, he has to go. Corrado could easily fill in for Garrison. We wouldn't miss him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What does RingTool know?

Nothing