Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Boston Canucker »

Betamax wrote:
Boston Canucker wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Looking at the Pens fans after that game made me glad we were able to avoid playoff disappointment :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The Pens need a goalie and Kesler. We'll take. Malkin for Kesler just to help them out :mrgreen:
Well, if Linden/Benning? are on board with trading RK17 I expect the Pens will be more willing to meet the price this time.
What is the price that would be acceptable to you? For me it has to include their top prospect Derrick Pouliot. They could keep Sutter as the Canucks' have that type of player' i.e. Shawn Matthias and probably Horvat next season that could fill the bottom six C spot. Add a first round pick or another young prospect would be okay.

But I think to maximize value, the Ducks have to be in the running as well for Kesler's services. So, you gotta hope that the Kings stage a comeback and win the series with their depth at centre being the difference maker.
I really don't know. I just don't have the knowledge of the players, especially the prospects, to know what would be the best deal. I just hope another Pens' playoff failure leads them to sweeten the pot for RK. I imagine it would.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:Mëds go back to arguing with Reefer . It's probably the only time Ive seen you come out of a hockey discussion not completely destroyed . You were probably a great tee ball player in your day .
Fuck off asshole.

I have been right about everything I said, well except about Kesler from many years ago. I am so damn good an ahead of my time majority of you couldn't get it until now.
LOL you're a genius!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

UMMMM go back to arguing with Mëds mmmmmmKAY?
Tell where I have been wrong bother?

Like I said other than Kesler I have been right on everything I said.

This core was done, said it months ago, trade 2 - 4 of them, said that months ago.

The 2 - 4 and who we get back don't care as there are a probably a thousand different options.

Said Edler was done and never a true #1, said that a couple years ago.

Said AV never held his players to the same level and it hurt the team, needed more timeouts ( :mrgreen: ) ahead of everyone. Didn't know enough about JT to say it would be good or bad, but a new coach was needed, the reason the team did so bad is it based upon the coaching style or other mitigating factors? Don't know but I think JT style of play by having the Sedins on PK did not help.

See I have always been a head of my time only now majority of you see it.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Tell where I have been wrong brother?
If you insist. :D

April 12, 2012, Canucks down 1-0 in their playoff series versus the Kings:

viewtopic.php?p=134392#p134392
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Thu Apr 12, 2012[/color] wrote: I do feel more confident that with the Aquilinies as the owners and MG as the GM, this team will continue to be competitive for years to come. They do look long term and do understand what it takes to be successful in the NHL both on and off the ice. I have felt that in last few years ownership/management has significantly improved and even though this was only 1 meeting they did nothing to dispel that notion.
SIX DAYS LATER

April 18, 2012, Canucks down 3-1 in the series, facing elimination:

viewtopic.php?p=135733#p135733
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Wed Apr 18, 2012[/color] wrote: I want them to lose, it will be the only way MG and ownership will make the proper changes in the off season.
So in 6 short days you go from “MG knows exactly what’s going on, is extremely competent!” to

….. “MG needs a major wakeup call because he is blind!”

:mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:Both the Penguins and Canucks need a shakeup, I smell a blockbuster trade and no it ain't those firework fumes from last nights surprise vancouver coalharbour show.
@JasonPHT

Edler and Kesler for Letang and Sutter. There would be fans of both teams that wouldn't do that.
Free one of the highly paid left side dmen and finally gain a true QB who would be awesome with JayG.
If Letang didn't have his heart condition, that might be something to consider. But there's too much risk, IMO, to give up your two best roster trading assets for him as the centrepiece.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
Reefer2 wrote: Tell where I have been wrong brother?
If you insist. :D

April 12, 2012, Canucks down 1-0 in their playoff series versus the Kings:

viewtopic.php?p=134392#p134392
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Thu Apr 12, 2012[/color] wrote: I do feel more confident that with the Aquilinies as the owners and MG as the GM, this team will continue to be competitive for years to come. They do look long term and do understand what it takes to be successful in the NHL both on and off the ice. I have felt that in last few years ownership/management has significantly improved and even though this was only 1 meeting they did nothing to dispel that notion.
SIX DAYS LATER

April 18, 2012, Canucks down 3-1 in the series, facing elimination:

viewtopic.php?p=135733#p135733
Reefer2 [color=#FF0000]Wed Apr 18, 2012[/color] wrote: I want them to lose, it will be the only way MG and ownership will make the proper changes in the off season.
So in 6 short days you go from “MG knows exactly what’s going on, is extremely competent!” to

….. “MG needs a major wakeup call because he is blind!”

:mex:
I am trying to stay positive because I was told I was too negative, so I kept hoping that I would be wrong.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Is it possible that BCReefer might be some koynd of... extra-terrestrial?

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: This core was done, said it months ago, trade 2 - 4 of them, said that months ago.
Months ago?

Most of us at this site were calling for at least 2 of the core to be traded last summer!

Wot da fock dude.
Reefer2 wrote: Said Edler was done and never a true #1, said that a couple years ago.
Well I don't recall anyone ever saying he was a #1 so....

"DONE"?

I don't THINK so.

He's still a Top Four, albeit most members of this site were calling for him to be shipped out last summer.
Reefer2 wrote: Said AV never held his players to the same level and it hurt the team, needed more timeouts ( :mrgreen: ) ahead of everyone.
Didn't everyone have these kinds of criticisms all along?
Reefer2 wrote: See I have always been a head of my time only now majority of you see it.
NOW I get why you chose "Reefer" for a handle! :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote:Is it possible that BCReefer might be some koynd of... extra-terrestrial?

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

How would you fellers feel about your Canucks trading their 2015 first-rounder?

See, other teams might see it as an opportunity for McDavid

... while we all know that last season's fiasco was a one off... a fluke.

See, other teams might think about Burkie's big mistake from a a few years back

... but we all know that Canucks will return to the top of the standings!

We could package it with this year's 6th overall and get us a SUPERSTAR!

SUPERSTAR + Sedins/Burrows bounceback + Kassian jump + Horvat + Gaunce + Vanek + return on Edler

= back to the penthouse baby!

Yes, I'm drunk but this TOTALLY makes sense...

*hic*
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:.

*hic*
What are you drinking because I want some.

For the whiskey drinkers if you ever get to Japan try this http://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/su ... ld-whisky/. Just found out that soon it will be available in the good ole USA so hopefully soon in Canada. Off to a whiskey tasting night in Burnaby in a week.

SL - are you saying that a team or 2 might move some talent to make their team worse so they can be in the hunt for #1?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Need to be on the lookout for teams "Cutting Salary" this offseason which is code talk for tank for McDavid.

I bet the Carolina Hurricanes do this as they have fans that don't really give a shit about how their team plays.
Maybe even the Flamers.

So time to pillage the Canes, mainly the Staal bros, Skinner, Ward.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Need to be on the lookout for teams "Cutting Salary" this offseason which is code talk for tank for McDavid.

I bet the Carolina Hurricanes do this as they have fans that don't really give a shit about how their team plays.
Maybe even the Flamers.

The Flames don't need to "cut salary" in order to tank. They suck as it is.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Strangelove wrote:.

How would you fellers feel about your Canucks trading their 2015 first-rounder?

See, other teams might see it as an opportunity for McDavid

... while we all know that last season's fiasco was a one off... a fluke.

See, other teams might think about Burkie's big mistake from a a few years back

... but we all know that Canucks will return to the top of the standings!

We could package it with this year's 6th overall and get us a SUPERSTAR!

SUPERSTAR + Sedins/Burrows bounceback + Kassian jump + Horvat + Gaunce + Vanek + return on Edler

= back to the penthouse baby!

*hic*
I think our maybe-1st-overall 2015 draft pick will make an excellent centerpiece..

For the $10m/year three year offer sheet we'll be signing PK Subban to this summer.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:Need to be on the lookout for teams "Cutting Salary" this offseason which is code talk for tank for McDavid.

Maybe even the Flamers.

The team to target is Buffalo and Tyler Myers specifically. I would say trade the 6th overall pick for him. They need to finish with the worst record to essentially guarantee themselves a projected future "superstore" in either Eichel or McDavid. That's the Chicago/Pittsburg Model of rebuilding a franchise.

Then the Canucks could flip Edler to a contender for a good younger player/picks. Maybe to the Pens/Bruins/Flyers etc..
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

via: http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Kesle ... story.html

Botchford: Ryan Kesler may not want to be a Penguin now
Pens’ post-season collapse may take them out of the running for Canucks centre’s services
BY JASON BOTCHFORD, THE PROVINCE MAY 14, 2014

From the article:
Kesler has already given the Canucks six teams he’d be willing to waive his no-trade clause for: Anaheim, Colorado, Detroit, Tampa Bay, Chicago and Pittsburgh.
Okay, now try to put together a wish list of prospect/picks you want from each respective team. I'm a bit surprised the Flyers aren't on his list. But since they made the Playoffs, I guess they could be a 7th team. At the TDL, they were touch and go to make it but now that they will likely be Playoffs contenders, I think he would put them on a list.

Of the teams ... I'd future trading them to the East i.e. Det, T-Bay, Pit and Phi would be the preferred places over Ana or Chi all things being equal. Having said that, you still want the Kings to beat the Ducks in Game 7 with the Kings Centres' being the difference maker for at least the Ducks to put in a competitive bid for Kesler's services.