(Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Dan Bylsma
3%
Marc Crawford
3%
Kevin Dineen
3%
Ken Hitchcock
2%
Mike Keenan
3%
Pierre McGuire
28%
Todd McLellan
3%
John Stevens
10%
Barry Trotz
24%
Other (Please Specify with a Write in Vote)
19%

Total votes: 58

dangler
MVP
MVP

Re: (Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach

Post by dangler »

What makes you think Trotz is going to be so expensive Dude?
I'm thinkin hometown discount, and really other than staying with the same team in a non hockey market for 15 years, what has he accomplished that would warrant such $$$?
Stevens would be great too,but i see Trotz as a better fit unless he's bent on being with a contender.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:When will folks realize that Larry Robinson doesn't want to be a head coach? Why even mention him?
Sometimes coaching hires aren't always the obvious ones. You never know, he might want to coach again. Someday. As he said, "I still think I can coach" ...but then again, coaching the Canucks isn't the best idea if he wants to avoid headaches.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Betamax wrote:
Arachnid wrote:You're an original Art, I'll say that (not a sad, pathetic, terrible copy :( ).
Uh, I'd say that Art poster is as original as a 5 cent photocopy you get @ the corner store.
The ironing is delicious here Brownmax Lalji
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Art Vandelay wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Arachnid wrote:You're an original Art, I'll say that (not a sad, pathetic, terrible copy :( ).
Uh, I'd say that Art poster is as original as a 5 cent photocopy you get @ the corner store.
What a Sterling reply. :hmmm:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Where this team is now it makes zero sense to hire the expensive Trotz after just eating a huge contract in Torterella
Word on the street is that the Torts buyout was $1.6m.

Total.

I don't THINK Trotz gets any more than Stevenz.

LOFL @ worrying about Aquilini's profit margin! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dangler wrote: Stevens would be great too,but i see Trotz as a better fit unless he's bent on being with a contender.
I posted a link the other day wherein Trotz said he'd LOVE to join your Vancouver Canucks.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Betamax wrote:
Art Vandelay wrote:
Betamax wrote: Uh, I'd say that Art poster is as original as a 5 cent photocopy you get @ the corner store.
What a Sterling reply. :hmmm:
GOLD JERRY, GOLD!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I'd be surprised if Trotz wanted to coach here being that the Canucks are a mess with an old dying/fading thin core and a prospect pool that is 2-3 years from making an impact. This team is in a rebuild whether you like it or not. If the Sedins were 6 years younger like Getzlaf and Perry's age then yeah we are still Haves, but Trotz would be blind in thinking we are still elite and a good situation for him. He just spent decades with a team struggling to make the playoffs. Trotz could pretty much pick any team, why would he pick the Canucks with the long term mess that they are in thanks to CC fan favourite - Mike Gillis massive shite GM'ing.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:I'd be surprised if Trotz wanted to coach here being that the Canucks are a mess with an old dying/fading thin core and a prospect pool that is 2-3 years from making an impact. This team is in a rebuild whether you like it or not. If the Sedins were 6 years younger like Getzlaf and Perry's age then yeah we are still Haves, but Trotz would be blind in thinking we are still elite and a good situation for him. He just spent decades with a team struggling to make the playoffs. Trotz could pretty much pick any team, why would he pick the Canucks with the long term mess that they are in thanks to CC fan favourite - Mike Gillis massive shite GM'ing.

Lots wrong here as usual. Sedins are 4 1/2 years older than Perry and Getzlaf. Trotz was not in Nashville for decades. And the "mess" the Canucks are in is due to poor drafting by BOTH Mike Gillis and Cheeseburger Chins. The drafting sucked ass here from 2006 - 2010. Some other decions by both men contributed to the funk the franchise is in today but it isn't quite as bad as you negative nellies make it out to be. There are issues for sure but this team is not like the leaves, Oilers or Flames atm.

LOL at all the babies that want something other than lip service from Linden atm. Jumping up and down with a river of piss running down their legs when pretty much nothing can happen until the draft.

For the record I don't really want No Neck Mcgerk as the coach anyways. I would rather see Shaw or Stevens get the gig or Blashill. Trotz would be about 5th on my list.

Happy Trannys Day Pacific Blue !
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The coach is only semi part of the solution, vital but the absolute more important part is getting a GM to make the necessary moves to get a good roster a coach can work with, which is also part of why Trotz would be a good fit here, as he's adaptable and can work with whatever the GM gives him for player personal, as he can maximize each players skill set to fulfill a purpose on the team to get wins.

Unlike Torts who basically needs a certain type of roster for his strict set of old school ways.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:The coach is only semi part of the solution, vital but the absolute more important part is getting a GM to make the necessary moves to get a good roster a coach can work with, which is also part of why Trotz would be a good fit here, as he's adaptable and can work with whatever the GM gives him for player personal, as he can maximize each players skill set to fulfill a purpose on the team to get wins.

Unlike Torts who basically needs a certain type of roster for his strict set of old school ways.
The fact that Trotz was put some emphasis on coaching the roster you are given and not a system you rigidly adhere to was pretty key, imho. Vigneault had a system that he liked to see the team play, when Gillis took over Vigneault changed his ways, at the direction of his new boss, and let the players figure it out. The results were some of the best hockey we have ever seen in Vancouver. Once the league went back to clutch and grab, whistle away, bush league, the roster that MG had built was no longer workable, and because Vigneault had given so much to the players, there was no way for him to take it back and get them to do anything different.

Torts forced the issue, was inflexible in his approach to the game, it failed.

Time for a coach that works with what he's got.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Lots wrong here as usual. Sedins are 4 1/2 years older than Perry and Getzlaf. Trotz was not in Nashville for decades. And the "mess" the Canucks are in is due to poor drafting by BOTH Mike Gillis and Cheeseburger Chins. The drafting sucked ass here from 2006 - 2010. Some other decions by both men contributed to the funk the franchise is in today but it isn't quite as bad as you negative nellies make it out to be. There are issues for sure but this team is not like the leaves, Oilers or Flames atm.

LOL at all the babies that want something other than lip service from Linden atm. Jumping up and down with a river of piss running down their legs when pretty much nothing can happen until the draft.

For the record I don't really want No Neck Mcgerk as the coach anyways. I would rather see Shaw or Stevens get the gig or Blashill. Trotz would be about 5th on my list.

Happy Trannys Day Pacific Blue !
Uh Blob, why the hate against the weight challenged individual? You seem to give a free pass to individuals who have much more of a choice on how they look but voluntarily choose to go the neanderthal route ......

i.e. Michael D. Gillis (solidarity beard version) or that washed up has been reliever that's currently playing for the Dodgers you are currently using as your avatar.

8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What are you an RCMP rookie ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:What are you an RCMP rookie ?
I'm a strong proponent of the Steinbrenner/New York Yankees' (27 Times World Champions) way of doing business.

This:

not this:

Or, it could be my childhood hero growing up was none other than Brutus (The Barber) Beefcake. 8-)
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Don't fear the beard...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.