Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by ClamRussel »

Island Nucklehead wrote:But he is a better skater and is still quite young for a 6'8 player.
I know, right-most 6'8 players are grizzled vets. 8-)
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

RoyalDude wrote:Ekblad will not be a 'special' player, but a good all around D-man. If the Nucks make a move for Florida's pick selecting Reinhart is an absolute no brainer. It would be like picking Wickenheiser instead of Denis Savard, uh Montreal. RIP Wickenheiser. A great forward from your own backyard and you pass him up for Ekblad? Stupid.

Reinhart and Horvat your top 2 centres for the next decade and more? Are you kidding me?
A decade of two no. 2 centres??

I'd pick Reinhart as well but I think the expectations are snowballing for the kid.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I was impressed with Sams moves. vision, smarts, shot, playmaking, patience with the puck at the WJC. He is more than capable of being a no. 1 centre. Horvat is no slouch either, but he is a classic no. 2 centre.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote: Yeah.....62 GP and a minus-26.

He's the same height as Chara and 35 lbs lighter.
When Chara was the same age he put up 2G, 9A, 11Pts, and was -27 in 65 games.

Myers won't ever be as physically dominant Chara. He's not mean enough. But he is a better skater and is still quite young for a 6'8 player.
I see no comparisons between Chara and Myers other than height. That's like saying Big Country Reeves and Shaquille Oneal are similar players.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mëds wrote: Yeah.....62 GP and a minus-26.

He's the same height as Chara and 35 lbs lighter.
When Chara was the same age he put up 2G, 9A, 11Pts, and was -27 in 65 games.

Myers won't ever be as physically dominant Chara. He's not mean enough. But he is a better skater and is still quite young for a 6'8 player.
I see no comparisons between Chara and Myers other than height. That's like saying Big Country Reeves and Shaquille Oneal are similar players.
Do you see any comparisons between Myers and Jay-Bo?
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Betamax wrote: Do you see any comparisons between Myers and Jay-Bo?
No. Do you?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I wonder what big country reeves looks like now..

Big county ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Probably looks like a local inbred cousin in Oshkosh from the Deliverence.

Just curious, because Schroeder and Marchand are short that must mean that they play the game in a similar fashion?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Betamax wrote:
Do you see any comparisons between Myers and Jay-Bo?
If they are the same height then that must mean they play a similar game
Thomas K-thair
AHL Prospect

Post by Thomas K-thair »

RoyalDude wrote:Probably looks like a local inbred cousin in Oshkosh from the Deliverence.

Just curious, because Schroeder and Marchand are short that must mean that they play the game in a similar fashion?

Schroeder has more skill than Marchand. Marchand benefits from playing on a great team. Put him on a weaker NHL team and he is a 3rd line player at best and he wouldn't be playing as "tough" of a game. He is a poor crackhead's version of Ken Linseman.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Thomas K-thair wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Probably looks like a local inbred cousin in Oshkosh from the Deliverence.

Schroeder has more skill than Marchand. Marchand benefits from playing on a great team. Put him on a weaker NHL team and he is a 3rd line player at best and he wouldn't be playing as "tough" of a game. He is a poor crackhead's version of Ken Linseman.
LOL

Marchand can play on my team any day. Tough skilled asshole.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:
Thomas K-thair wrote:

LOL

Marchand can play on my team any day. Tough skilled asshole.
Seriously? The guy was so terrified he low bridged notorious head-hunter Sami Salo. He's fought noted pugilists like Matt Niskanen and Mike Ribiero. He's got skill and he is most certainly an asshole, but Marchand might be about as tough as Burrows.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Seriously? The guy was so terrified he low bridged notorious head-hunter Sami Salo. He's fought noted pugilists like Matt Niskanen and Mike Ribiero. He's got skill and he is most certainly an asshole, but Marchand might be about as tough as Burrows.
Seriously. Being a dick on ice and getting constantly ridiculed by fans and opponents and sometimes retaliated by said opponents requires an element toughness and thick skin for that matter.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Marchand and Sean Avery are in the same category for me. Assholes that, no matter how effective they are, I don't want on my team.

There's no toughness involved in Marchand's game of antics. Credit where it is due though, the guy is strong on the puck for a little guy and scores some big goals. His cheap shots, and classless play are never backed up.....there is no toughness involved when a guy pisses everyone off and then runs and hides behind Thornton, Chara, or Lucic.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He's everything Alex Burrows ever dreamed of being.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.