(Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach?

Dan Bylsma
3%
Marc Crawford
3%
Kevin Dineen
3%
Ken Hitchcock
2%
Mike Keenan
3%
Pierre McGuire
28%
Todd McLellan
3%
John Stevens
10%
Barry Trotz
24%
Other (Please Specify with a Write in Vote)
19%

Total votes: 58

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: (Poll) Who do you want to be the Canucks next Head Coach

Post by Arachnid »

herb wrote:
Arachnid wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You're an original Art, I'll say that (not a sad, pathetic, terrible copy :( ).
Pathetic and terrible indeed.

Hey, I wonder where the Brown Knight wandered off to? :|
I heard he lost his sales job at (Mod Edit -although very clever and very funny it is inappropriate on a family message board ;) ) and has a lot of time on his hands....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Arachnid wrote:You're an original Art, I'll say that (not a sad, pathetic, terrible copy :( ).
Uh, I'd say that Art poster is as original as a 5 cent photocopy you get @ the corner store.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Betamax wrote:
Arachnid wrote:You're an original Art, I'll say that (not a sad, pathetic, terrible copy :( ).
Uh, I'd say that Art poster is as original as a 5 cent photocopy you get @ the corner store.
Not just any Corner Store, he chose one run by Honourable Hindus. Smart guy, that Art!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

A work of art....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sounds like the man leading this poll by a landslide wants to be that man...

http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/1028 ... ching-job/

Reading between the lines, one might even ASSume Canucks are just waiting to run it by their new GM.

One might even further ASSume Canucks ran it by their likely new GM Jim Benning on Wednesday.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:John Stevens
That was allegedly Michael D. Gillis number one choice, until he got "convinced" to go with the antithesis of that guy.
Stevens isn't a bad choice. Trotz would work well with this group.
Jeff Blashill is intriguing.

I still like the idea of Larry Robinson.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:John Stevens
That was allegedly Michael D. Gillis number one choice, until he got "convinced" to go with the antithesis of that guy.

It's been widely reported that Robinson doesn't like the stress of being a Head Coach and is comfortable with being the Associate Coach. Also he has family in the San Jose area which was a carrot that help lure him to SJ in the first place.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:
Betamax wrote: That was allegedly Michael D. Gillis number one choice, until he got "convinced" to go with the antithesis of that guy.

It's been widely reported that Robinson doesn't like the stress of being a Head Coach and is comfortable with being the Associate Coach. Also he has family in the San Jose area which was a carrot that help lure him to SJ in the first place.
I'm well aware he's not a publicized candidate, just think he'd be a good one.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

When will folks realize that Larry Robinson doesn't want to be a head coach? Why even mention him?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

ClamRussel wrote:I'm well aware he's not a publicized candidate, just think he'd be a good one.
There's probably a reason why he isn't being "publicized."

He had to resign from his last Head Coaching gig because the stress of that position was affecting his health.

via: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/larry-r ... h-1.526733
Larry Robinson, stressed out and plagued by headaches, has decided his health is more important than coaching the New Jersey Devils.

The Devils announced Monday Robinson was resigning his post as the NHL hockey team's head coach.

"A lot of things were getting to me," Robinson explained. "I want this team to be successful, but if I can't be at my best and it's bothering me healthwise, I can't do that."

Perennial Stanley Cup contenders, the Devils have been a bit of a disappointment so far this season. New Jersey sits fourth in the NHL's Atlantic Division and 10th in the Eastern Conference with 33 points.

New Jersey has lost two in a row and seven of its last nine games.

The 54-year-old Robinson missed two games this month with flu and sinus problems. He said he continued to have what he called "horrible headaches" and recently underwent tests, including a CT scan. He was told the symptoms were stress-related.

"This is not malicious. Maybe it's selfish on my part. I still think I can coach, I just think that at this stage of my life ... nothing is worth being sick over," Robinson said.
That was a low profile market like NJ. Imagine the pressure he would face in a Canadian market.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Still think it should be John Stevens. Trotz and the current state of this team are not a good marriage.

Ken Hitchcock was apparently raving about John Stevens recently, thinks highly of him.

Think we need to stay away from 'the' high profile coach as this team is going to be going through an inevitable rough transition over the next few seasons. Why spend billions on a high profile type like Trotz during these transitional times ?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:Still think it should be John Stevens. Trotz and the current state of this team are not a good marriage.

Ken Hitchcock was apparently raving about John Stevens recently, thinks highly of him.

Think we need to stay away from 'the' high profile coach as this team is going to be going through an inevitable rough transition over the next few seasons. Why spend billions on a high profile type like Trotz during these transitional times ?
Trotz could work here because he's a "players' coach" which is the antithesis of what we got with Torts'.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Aquamarine just ate a high profile coach - John Torterellas contract. Trotz for splash and name will be highly sought after, do you not think that it's going to be very expensive to hire Trotz as he is in the drivers seat? Do the Canucks want to be spending that kind of dough on a 'brand name' coach while this team clearly is about hit a rough patch? A rough patch that won't be temporary. This core may get us in the playoffs but we are first round fodder. Does Trotz fit that? Go cheaper for the same result in a base model coach in John Stevens.
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

RoyalDude wrote:Aquamarine just ate a high profile coach - John Torterellas contract. Trotz for splash and name will be highly sought after, do you not think that it's going to be very expensive to hire Trotz as he is in the drivers seat? Do the Canucks want to be spending that kind of dough on a 'brand name' coach while this team clearly is about hit a rough patch? A rough patch that won't be temporary. This core may get us in the playoffs but we are first round fodder. Does Trotz fit that? Go cheaper for the same result in a base model coach in John Stevens.
Trotz may be the perfect coach to work with this team, especially if they go younger. He always seemed to get the most out of a team in Nashville that wasn't exactly overflowing with talent.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Coaches can only do with what they have. Bowman has had the luxury of good teams to coach but when he was confronted with a challenging situation in buffalo he was pretty ordinary. Babcock is considered a good coach for a good team but when confronted with lineup challenges he now hàs in Detroit he was first round fodder. Trotz at the price he will command should go to a team with more of a chance to win now. The Canucks at their current state is nowhere near a favorite to win. If we go into next season with the same old same old, 34 year old twins I would say its very likely we don't make the playoffs again. Where this team is now it makes zero sense to hire the expensive Trotz after just eating a huge contract in Torterella