2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Post by Betamax »

BurningBeard wrote:I can't describe how happy I was to see the CBC added Kadri to the panel. Finally someone representing the Maple leaves can present their opinion, and we can keep things fair and balanced.
Well, anytime Kadri is on CBC, HNIC, it is simply Gold in the ratings/numbers ...

How good is that? :D
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Betamax wrote:How good is that? :D
I'm trying to figure out why I watched all 10 minutes of that video, and why I'm fully erect. :?
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Wow. If Seabrook doesn't get at least 2 games for this the NHL is a fucking sham.

For a guy who has been the victim of some concussions thanks to reckless headshots, that was absolute bullshit. Throw the book at him. Seabrook even leaves his feet.....
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watched the Blues - Hawks game. What a despicable weasel Duncan Keith. I think I actually hate him more than Marchand. Don't agree with Don Cherry much but agree with him on the way Keith plays. One fight in 5 years and picking on Tarasenko. His stick work rivals Marchands. Cowardly display of hockey by Keith
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Makes me proud of the famous Torres hit on Seabrook when Torres was a Canuck.

Hate the Hawks. Hate the Bruins
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Watching these playoff games makes me more acutely aware of how much of an albatross the Sedin contract will be. They just ain't cut out for this kind of tempo and intensity needed to win in the playoffs, especially at 34 years of age. I like the Sedins but if and when we make the playoffs again, they won't be able yo handle the grind and banging. Teams definitely have to be well represented in the youth department to handle the pace.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mondi wrote:If that was a Canuck throwing that hit it would be 10 games for sure.

Seabrook will get 1 or 2 games.

That CBC guy interviewing Jackman sucks, why didn't he ask him about the Seabrook hit, or Keith swinging his stick left and right all game.
Pretty much this.

The bullshit about refs having to "control" or "manage" the game is just that, a big steaming pile of bullshit. If it's a penalty, call the fucking penalty. It shouldn't differ depending on the emotion of the game. They aren't paid to be managers, they're paid to enforce the rules of the game.

It's a major reason the NHL is, and will remain, a second-tier professional league.

Seabrook should get 3 games. He will get 1 because the league doesn't want to influence the outcome (even though Seabrook already has by taking out Backes...)
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

ClamRussel wrote: Well, playoffs didn't stop the NHL from throwing the book at Rome for a far lesser hit imo. BUT, this is Seabrook and he plays for the Hawks so they'll go easy on him. I'd be shocked if Backes isn't done for the season after that one. That hit pretty much cost the Hawks the game.

If that hit was on Burrows there would be no suspension. If that hit was delivered by Edler it would be 10 games, if it was Kassian it would be the rest of playoffs. Ya, Seabrook probably gets 3.
Sounds like you've come to understanding how the NHL operates Clam :D

Really enjoyed the first 2 Habs/TB games and the Blues/Hawks game this afternoon, I know it'll just be a matter of time before officiating/league rulings take the enjoyment of the play-offs away from me for another season but going to enjoy it while i can. :cheers:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:Makes me proud of the famous Torres hit on Seabrook when Torres was a Canuck.

Hate the Hawks. Hate the Bruins
Amen.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

It appears that the league has directed the officials to give the games to the Penguins in this series between Columbus and Pittsburgh. The calls have been so badly lopsided, and even unwarranted, the latest being absolutely laughably bad. With the ref standing right there, Penguin's defender is roughing up a downed Bluejacket forward behind the Pittsburgh net. The ref says enough and after one more shot the Penguin player lets up. The Columbus forward stands up and gives a parting shove.....and the Bluejackets get a penalty. Unreal.

Columbus, for their part, needs to quit being picky with their shots. It's fucking MAF between the pipes, throw everything at the net and you're bound to get a few ugly ones.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote:It appears that the league has directed the officials to give the games to the Penguins in this series between Columbus and Pittsburgh. The calls have been so badly lopsided, and even unwarranted, the latest being absolutely laughably bad. With the ref standing right there, Penguin's defender is roughing up a downed Bluejacket forward behind the Pittsburgh net. The ref says enough and after one more shot the Penguin player lets up. The Columbus forward stands up and gives a parting shove.....and the Bluejackets get a penalty. Unreal.
Yeah... compare that series' reffing to the St Louis/Chicago series. Might as well be two different leagues.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blue Jackets are a good team! Happy they got the win.

MacKinnon is a beast, why I want to move up in the draft to get Reinhart, obviously hes not going to be as good, but still he'll be a great center, especially in the playoffs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Shit just got real in the Colorado / Minny game. I hope Minny ties. :D
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

dangler wrote:
ClamRussel wrote: Well, playoffs didn't stop the NHL from throwing the book at Rome for a far lesser hit imo. BUT, this is Seabrook and he plays for the Hawks so they'll go easy on him. I'd be shocked if Backes isn't done for the season after that one. That hit pretty much cost the Hawks the game.

If that hit was on Burrows there would be no suspension. If that hit was delivered by Edler it would be 10 games, if it was Kassian it would be the rest of playoffs. Ya, Seabrook probably gets 3.
Sounds like you've come to understanding how the NHL operates Clam :D

Really enjoyed the first 2 Habs/TB games and the Blues/Hawks game this afternoon, I know it'll just be a matter of time before officiating/league rulings take the enjoyment of the play-offs away from me for another season but going to enjoy it while i can. :cheers:
Ya, its been a long painful journey but I've finally arrived. :drink:

Enjoy the thrill of the games, by the sounds of the Pittsburgh/Columbus series its not long for this earth.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy