OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Postby Cornuck » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:14 pm

nuckster wrote:Canes in overtime! Given that the Canucks beat the Canes 2x this season, all we can afford is one point tonight via overtime in order to secure the 6th pick.

Wouldn't the ROW (Regular and OT wins) be the tie breaker before 'head to head'?

Canes have 34 ROWs to our 30.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Postby Betamax » Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:25 pm

Cornuck wrote:
nuckster wrote:Canes in overtime! Given that the Canucks beat the Canes 2x this season, all we can afford is one point tonight via overtime in order to secure the 6th pick.

Wouldn't the ROW (Regular and OT wins) be the tie breaker before 'head to head'?

You are correct:

re: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/stor ... iebreakers

If two or more clubs are tied in points during the regular season, the standing of the clubs is determined in the following order:

1. The fewer number of games played (i.e., superior points percentage).

2. The greater number of games won, excluding games won in the Shootout. This figure is reflected in the ROW column.

3. The greater number of points earned in games between the tied clubs. If two clubs are tied, and have not played an equal number of home games against each other, points earned in the first game played in the city that had the extra game shall not be included. If more than two clubs are tied, the higher percentage of available points earned in games among those clubs, and not including any "odd" games, shall be used to determine the standing.

4. The greater differential between goals for and against for the entire regular season.

NOTE: In standings a victory in a shootout counts as one goal for, while a shootout loss counts as one goal against.

H2H is the third tie-breaker.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Go Canucks. Fuck up them Flames.

Speaking of which. Go Sabres. Beat the NYI to prevent Calgary from getting the 4th pick.

Edit

All Buffalo had to do was hang on to win in OT. Now they have given the Flames a reason to lose!
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby nuckster » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:41 pm

Betamax wrote:
Cornuck wrote:

Thanks Cornuck/Betamax. Glad to see I'm wrong.

Honestly, tonight will be the first game in about a month where I will be cheering for a victory. It's been rather odd of late, since I've been compelled to watch the Canuck games yet hoping for a loss.

I'm really pleased about the 6th draft pick. It's at least one consolation for a pretty 'messed up' season.
cc oldtimer
nuckster
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Hockey Widow » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:10 pm

Not to be a ya butter, but, with the NYI winning, if we win they Calgary drops to 4th but if we lose, Calgary stays at 5th.

What to do, what to do.....
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Postby SKYO » Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:21 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:Not to be a ya butter, but, with the NYI winning, if we win they Calgary drops to 4th but if we lose, Calgary stays at 5th.

What to do, what to do.....

meh just win!
SKYO
CC Legend

Postby BurningBeard » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 am

The Trotz just ran out of Nashville. However, he's been offered a new position within the organization.

I wonder if he's only capable of coaching Nashville Predators hockey. I'm sure he'll draw interest from a number of teams.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star

Postby Topper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:19 am

SKYO wrote:"Brendan Shanahan to step down from NHL Director of Player Safety to accept executive position with Maple Leafs, likely team President."

So Colin Campbell back to the league office?

Shanahan is a media whore.

No surprise he goes to TO.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Postby Topper » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:58 am

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat