Anti-Canucks Media

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Anti-Canucks Media

Post by The Brown Knight »

BurningBeard wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:So, I ask you this BigTuna?

What have you seen and experienced the leaves do since 1987?
Young boys being sexually assaulted in Maple Leaf Gardens. That's probably the highlight. Oh yeah, and Gilmour.
LOL.

In all seriousness though, one thing that I've found puzzling over the past couple years, is how much shit the leaves talk about the Canucks "over glorifying" their current core. While there's a legit argument from them in stating that we've never won a Stanley Cup, it's so hypocritical how the majority of Leaf fans put guys like Gilmour, Sundin, Tucker, Clark, Domi, Cujo, etc., on such high pedastols. That core never made a Cup final, and the individual accomplishments and accolades of that team were significantly less than the Canucks' current core.

I'm not going to lie.

The leaves do have a solid and promising core coming up. I'll give them that much.

However - a lot remains to be seen, and the burgeoning arrogance of repressed Leaf fans is quite unbecoming. Their loss to the Bruins last year was one of the biggest choke jobs in all of sporting history. When the leaves enter the post-season this year, that ugly episode will be on their minds........and that's not a good thing for them.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Media missed out on the Luongo deal until the deal happened. So pissed they are all over the unhappy Luongo demanded a deal and demanded it NOW!

I mean, otherwise they would have known right?

I recall a story after the CS deal that NJ insisted no word of the deal until the draft slot or it would be off. The media was pissed at missing out on those rumours as well.

I'm certain many have their Gillis blew it by not trading Kesler stories already written after they have spent the past few days hyping the rumour.

Maybe I'll tune in for the downtrodden faces at the end of the trade period.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

In addition to being more anti-Gillis/Canucks gossip, Duthie cannot resist but slip in two Nonis tire pumpings.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/slam/hockey/a-tal ... cup-final/
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ClamRussel wrote:In addition to being more anti-Gillis/Canucks gossip, Duthie cannot resist but slip in two Nonis tire pumpings.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/slam/hockey/a-tal ... cup-final/
So it's MG's fault the media hated us so much?

Works for me...

*blows up bus the that ran over MG*
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)