Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Canucks have never drafted 1st overall
Canucks 2nd overall 3 picks - Linden, Nedved, Daniel Sedin, Tallon
Canucks 3rd overall picks - Guevremont, Henrik Sedin,Ververgaert, Lever
Canucks 4th overall picks - Bryan Allen, Sandlak, Derlago, Gillis
Canucks 5th overall picks - Vaive
Canucks have never drafted 6th
Canucks 7th overall picks - Woodley, Lanz, Stojanov
Canucks 8th overall picks - Herter
Canucks 9th overall picks - Horvat, Neely
Canucks 10th overall picks - Hodgson, Bourdon, Butcher, Daigneault, Ference, Blight

One thing is clear, the Canucks drafting record in the top 10 is, uh, kind of gross on the whole.

We don't want to be drafting 7th or 8th as we suck at that number. 6th is an unknown area for us, 9th we've had pretty good success (a sign NOT to trade Horvat) 10th overall is kind of suckage

I'm pulling for 6th or 9th pick! Stay away from 7th or 8th. 1 through 5 we ain't getting.

General consensus is that there is a drop off after the 6th pick. From 7th through the rest of the 1st round it's spin the bottle. Not a very deep draft. Finish 6th and draft Ritchie. I will be happy, or 9th and hope for a fluke Neely result.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Don't worry dude, we're gonna win the lottery and pick 1st overall. ;)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If you look at our overall 1 round picking, clearly it was time for MG to go :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Don't worry dude, we're gonna win the lottery and pick 1st overall. ;)
That only happens if Dude gets down on his knees and prays to David Booth's God.

C'mon Dude, you can do this!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey the Devils won the lottery when they were slated to pick 8th, moved up 4 spots and drafted Larsson. I believe they've made the odds even better since then at moving up.

Gotta get that 6th pick overall. Carolina have to win their final game, we have to lose our last two. The drop off in this draft is after the 6th pick. We gotta get in that Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Ritchie category. Apparentlly Burkie isn't high on Draisaitl and likes Ritchie more than Dal Colle. Interesting. If we are picking 7th it's a coin toss from there on out to the middle of the first round on who you can project to be the better prospect.

Fabbri and Tuch are fast risers right now. Fabbri just annihilated Horvat and the London Knights out of the playoffs, a one man show he was. Concerning how quiet Horvat was in this series. Tuch could be the first defenseman after Ekblad to get selected. Fleury seems to be falling. Sherbak may even get selected before Fleury.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:Hey the Devils won the lottery when they were slated to pick 8th, moved up 4 spots and drafted Larsson. I believe they've made the odds even better since then at moving up.
According to this the Canucks have a 4.7% chance of winning the draft lottery, and picking 1st overall. Getting "ahead" of the Canes would boost us to 6.2%.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

If 2 or 3 guys get picked before expected ...does that not give us a chance at top six guy even if we pick 7 or 8 spot?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

rats19 wrote:If 2 or 3 guys get picked before expected ...does that not give us a chance at top six guy even if we pick 7 or 8 spot?
I don't know, you do the math.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The consensus top 6 is Reinhart, Ekblad, Bennett, Draisaitl, Dal Colle, Ritchie. The only wild card that could move in to the top 6 is Ehlers. A big long shot for that to happen.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
rats19 wrote:If 2 or 3 guys get picked before expected ...does that not give us a chance at top six guy even if we pick 7 or 8 spot?
I don't know, you do the meth.
*poster edit*

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

No way dEaDmonton will beat us tonight. They would lose their loser low draft spot right now, maybe same thing with Calpuke but doubt it with BB in charge now. He would never allow a tank....too big an ego

I predict the coilers will actually tank it™ and the Torts, with his integrity intact will win both games because he is about winning (despite his season :eh: ).

We might even pass the Laughs in the draft which is fine for bragging rights and makes it even easier to torture their fans with.
I preferred to pick 6th but fuck it.

It is what it is. :drink:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I fail to see how attaining a lower draft slot than Toronto...but both remaining in the sewer of the NHL offers any kind of bragging rights.

...meanwhile, in other news: the Bruins have not self destructed, rid themselves of their Conn Smythe winning goaltender and are still at the top & competing for the President's trophy.

Not that the Canucks should tank or anything but I think they're doing the right thing by playing the people who haven't received much of a look. If anything they should ramp it up and play all these kids in all games then send whoever's eligible to Utica asap. Interested to see what Zalewski has to offer.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

ClamRussel wrote:I fail to see how attaining a lower draft slot than Toronto...but both remaining in the sewer of the NHL offers any kind of bragging rights.

...meanwhile, in other news: the Bruins have not self destructed, rid themselves of their Conn Smythe winning goaltender and are still at the top & competing for the President's trophy.

Not that the Canucks should tank or anything but I think they're doing the right thing by playing the people who haven't received much of a look. If anything they should ramp it up and play all these kids in all games then send whoever's eligible to Utica asap. Interested to see what Zalewski has to offer.
YOU DON'T LIVE MY PAIN CLAMCHOPS! :evil:

Anything, I will take anything to take down a Laugh fan, if it means bragging their fall from grace was far bigger than ours...I take man, I take it!

Sometimes it's the little pleasures in life make it soooooo sweet ;)
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Arachnid wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:I fail to see how attaining a lower draft slot than Toronto...but both remaining in the sewer of the NHL offers any kind of bragging rights.

YOU DON'T LIVE MY PAIN CLAMCHOPS! :evil:

Anything, I will take anything to take down a Laugh fan, if it means bragging their fall from grace was far bigger than ours...I take man, I take it!

Sometimes it's the little pleasures in life make it soooooo sweet ;)
The bragging can come from the higher draft choice Sir Octavian. Better prospects to smite them with.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Meanwhile the Bruins beat the Sabers and clinched the President's Trophy. Now they can proceed to not win the Stanley Cup and everyone will point to this season as being a complete failure for Boston.

The Bruins have had some talented youth that hit their stride in 2011. Most of said youth fit the mold that the Bruins play. Mean, dirty, and in the grey areas. The league has seen fit to penalize and suspend players for doing far less than some Bruins players.

They built a good team in Boston and have added to it nicely.

They also had the benefit of having Rask signed up for an extra couple of years when Thomas was just running out the end of his contract. Had Thomas been a couple of years younger they likely would have had to give him a longer term and then they may not have had room for Rask if they couldn't move Thomas. Timing is everything sometimes.