Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Rede
CC Veteran

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by Rede »

Looking at our upcoming schedule I'm not optimistic. I could see us getting 10 points in the final 9 games while playing really well.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Odds are against us, but it's not totally out the realm of possibility..

If we can manage to stay healthy enough, this team could go on a roll.
I like the way you think there chief! :thumbs:

The next two are the tough ones, in Minny and in Colorado.

After that, 6 of the last 7 are at home! :D

As I type this, the Rags score in overtime against the Coyotes = GOOD OMEN

Mike Smith looks like he got injured pretty good in this game, Coyotes will hafta run with Greiss

GO CANUCKS GO!

GO CANUCKS GO!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

:towel: :wave: :towel:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote:
SKYO wrote: Odds are against us, but it's not totally out the realm of possibility..

Mike Smith looks like he got injured pretty good in this game, Coyotes will hafta run with Greiss
Thanks Lieutenant!

Yeah Smith looks to have a el serious injuryo, will be re-evaluated.

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Can't tell if serious or a run of the mill Smith flop...
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Benjo wrote:Can't tell if serious or a run of the mill Smith flop...
:lol: I thought the same thing, until he limped out with the trainer. As far as backups go though, Greiss is decent.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Thanks Lieutenant! bucko.

Yeah Smith looks to have a el serious injuryo, will be re-evaluated.

fixed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It would be a shame for them to miss the playoffs due to injuries. I mean that never happens and it's not an excuse, just saying.... :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Aquabro's might be selling the team.

Guess they don't want to live with the Gillis/Torts combo, nor do they want to buy em out, so they can just simply sell the team for profit. :o
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:Aquabro's might be selling the team.

Guess they don't want to live with the Gillis/Torts combo, nor do they want to buy em out, so they can just simply sell the team for profit. :o

For real? They are huge hockey fans. If they are thinking of selling they must be hurting somewhere else.

Would be interesting if they were selling. Too bad Sandman loves Dallas.
The only HW the Canucks need
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Ya it's interesting; I heard this the other day but kind of dismissed it and then Gary Mason comes on the radio and talks about it too. I heard it's coming from the very top, ie Luigi the father, so FA might not be fully on board given his fandom. Luigi Is pure business though, if he thinks he's maximized the real estate and business assets out of the Canucks he will sell and he's still the big papa in the family.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Hockey Widow wrote:For real? They are huge hockey fans. If they are thinking of selling they must be hurting somewhere else.
If the rumors are true and they believe they can get $750 million for the team, it probably has nothing to do with them "hurting" and everything with maximizing their return.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

$lacker wrote:Ya it's interesting; I heard this the other day but kind of dismissed it and then Gary Mason comes on the radio and talks about it too. I heard it's coming from the very top, ie Luigi the father, so FA might not be fully on board given his fandom. Luigi Is pure business though, if he thinks he's maximized the real estate and business assets out of the Canucks he will sell and he's still the big papa in the family.
Huh... :|

Intriguing.

Everything is rumour and speculation, but I don't know which would be more beneficial to the team - the deep-pocketed but allegedly meddling current owners who are the devils we know; or whoever would have the coin or credit to buy the team?

Does this hamstring whatever plan Gillis - or his possible replacement - have for the summer?

I guess we can only stay tuned.

One thing you can never say about this team is that it's boring. ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:Intrigueing
We can look at the two lines in closer detail. We’ll start with Henrik. If things are going according to plan for Vancouver, he’s playing with Daniel Sedin. Over the past six seasons, about 84% of his 5-on-5 ice time has been with Daniel, and the only reason it’s that low is due to occasional injuries. Let’s look at how the Canucks have done with the two of them on the ice.
Note that Corsi% is a measure of which team is generating more shot attempts (shots on goal, blocked shots and missed shots).

The number posted by the Sedins has been elite during Vancouver’s run. It’s down slightly this year, but the Canucks have reduced the frequency with which they start the Sedins in the offensive zone, which hurts, and it continues to be exceptional in any event. The Sedins have had a down year in terms of the shooting percentage when they’re on the ice, but the Canucks have been dominant anyway. Subject to injury, it’s hard to look at the results that the Sedins have achieved and conclude that they’re finished as players who can front a Stanley Cup contender.

When Kesler’s on the ice, it’s been a different story...
This is why most fans know the Sedins are not the problem, a lack of a solid scoring 2nd line imo is a huge factor in why we lost a lot of swagger, plus all the injuries.

Crap wingers for Kesler is the epitome of the teams demise as well, IMO its why Kesler may want out, as our GM has never got him any real good exciting talent to play with to help score and get going, being a one man show on the 2nd line has got to be frustrating, especially if your scoring has dwindled for that entire span of time for RK17.

Team lacking success, team lacking any real improvement in talent roster player acquisitions, scoring going down is why Kesler wouldn't mind a change.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

$lacker wrote:Ya it's interesting; I heard this the other day but kind of dismissed it and then Gary Mason comes on the radio and talks about it too. I heard it's coming from the very top, ie Luigi the father, so FA might not be fully on board given his fandom. Luigi Is pure business though, if he thinks he's maximized the real estate and business assets out of the Canucks he will sell and he's still the big papa in the family.
UPDATE:

@garymasonglobe: Well, #Canucks fans I can kill rumour moving in some Van biz circles that Aquilinis considering selling. Talk to Francesco who says never
____
Try to focus on someday.