Back in 2014/15. Out in 2014/15

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Back in 2014/15. Out in 2014/15

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: moulding the kids
Hey Toppy, that was for you buds! :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Back - spine

Out - spineless
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Strangelove wrote: moulding the kids
Hey Toppy, that was for you buds! :wink:
Metering their growth by the metre.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote:Back - spine

Out - spineless
By "Back - spine" I'm guessing you mean the guy who stepped in for his teammate and took on Getzlaf despite giving up 3" and 33lbs to the Anaheim captain.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Does Hansen still play for the Vancouver Canucks? I haven't noticed him in a couple months.

Ahhh I just checked... still plays for us. 3G 8 pts and -5 since Jan 1!

He can go.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Does Hansen still play for the Vancouver Canucks? I haven't noticed him in a couple months.

Ahhh I just checked... still plays for us. 3G 8 pts and -5 since Jan 1!

He can go.
Sure he can go. But that other guy who we're paying $7M to next year who has similar stats as Hansen since Jan 1, well naw he's gotta stay. What would we do without him???
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The_Pauser wrote:Sure he can go. But that other guy who we're paying $7M to next year who has similar stats as Hansen since Jan 1, well naw he's gotta stay. What would we do without him???
It would be truly fascinating to find out whether your problems are cognitive, or emotional.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

dbr wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:Sure he can go. But that other guy who we're paying $7M to next year who has similar stats as Hansen since Jan 1, well naw he's gotta stay. What would we do without him???
It would be truly fascinating to find out whether your problems are cognitive, or emotional.
Cognitive. What isn't cognitive is how people give a free pass to the Twins no matter what. It's like "oh it's the Sedins, they're great, let's not move them" despite what they've done. I could care less what they did in the 2011 regular season. Going forward they aren't great. It's funny how someone wants to jettison someone who makes $2.5M for poor production, but someone who makes $7M at the same level of production is acceptable???
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

The_Pauser wrote:
dbr wrote:
Cognitive.
This was much less fascinating than I'd hoped.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The_Pauser wrote:
dbr wrote:
Cognitive. What isn't cognitive is how people give a free pass to the Twins no matter what. It's like "oh it's the Sedins, they're great, let's not move them" despite what they've done. I could care less what they did in the 2011 regular season. Going forward they aren't great. It's funny how someone wants to jettison someone who makes $2.5M for poor production, but someone who makes $7M at the same level of production is acceptable???
Jannik Hansen Regular season: 385 GP… 61 Goals + 90 Assists = 151 points
Daniel Sedin Regular Season: 974 GP… 305 Goals + 496 Assists = 801 Points
Henrik Sedin Regular Season: 1005 GP… 192 Goals + 646 Assists = 838 Points

Jannik Hansen Playoffs: 58 GP…. 5 Goals + 9 Assists = 14 points
Daniel Sedin Playoffs: 96 GP…. 23 Goals + 44 Assists = 67 Points
Henrik Sedin Playoffs: 99 GP… 22 Goals + 52 Assists = 74 Points

You should have gone with: B - Emotional :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

RoyalDude wrote:
Out

Kesler
Higgins
Hansen
Dalpe
Schroeder
Booth

Edler
Weber

I tossed the idea of buying out Garrison instead Booth but I understand buying out Garrison is a bit expensive. Unless by some miracle you could trade Booth for pucks then buyout Garrison.
Dude, it might help if your thread had some explanation, is this what you want to happen, or what you think will happen? :?
Seems like a pretty far-fetched prediction, so we'll see next year how hazy your crystal ball is. :roll:
I don't know why everyone is so confident that players with NTC's can be easily traded, but all of these Edler/Burrows/Higgins trade ideas depend on the player asking to be traded, as GMMG has said he won't be asking NTC'ed players to waive their clauses.

So if you want to trade Higgins & Hansen then who do you plan to bring in as 3rd line wingers?
Steve Bernier?
Tanner Glass?

Hockey Widow wrote:
Jettison Booth. Those are the only changes I think we need to make. Next season we won't be a contender but I think we should be more competitive and if competitive then anything can happen.

If any of the rumoured returns for Kesler and Edler are true I think we should see a quick re-tool.
Yep, HW has it right, Booth probably the only major departure.
He should be bubble-wrapped at this point and sayonara in June.
The parts we have now will be back, hopefully with a good free agent or two pickup.
Possibly Kesler moves if we get the right return
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Strangelove wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
dbr wrote:
Jannik Hansen Regular season: 385 GP… 61 Goals + 90 Assists = 151 points

Don't see what they did several years ago has anything to do with today.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

No you just manipulate the stats to suit your latest mongoloid meltdown. You had to have been the co pilot on that short bus . I might be selling you a little short here Pauster but you seem way too crafty to have just been one of the regular passengers.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

The_Pauser wrote:
dbr wrote:
You've been on this bandwagon for years, even when the twins were winning Art Ross trophies you were telling everyone how much they sucked. It got old a long time ago.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The_Pauser wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Jannik Hansen Regular season: 385 GP… 61 Goals + 90 Assists = 151 points

Don't see what they did several years ago has anything to do with today.
OH. MY. God.

When has Jannik Hansen EVER been at "the same level of production" as the Sedins? :lol:

Oh wot a tangled web you've woven...
____
Try to focus on someday.