Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby herb » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:52 am

I don't read or listen to any of those retards. You'd think that if they are such great hockey minds they would have made it farther in their careers than local daily coverage.

Local sports media boys are the worst. They're all know it alls, and take supreme enjoyment out of the local team sucking so they can manage the guided tours around the wreckage.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Strangelove » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:15 pm

herb wrote:I don't read or listen to any of those retards. You'd think that if they are such great hockey minds they would have made it farther in their careers than local daily coverage.

Local sports media boys are the worst. They're all know it alls, and take supreme enjoyment out of the local team sucking so they can manage the guided tours around the wreckage.


Well said Herb.
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7575
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Reefer2 » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:03 am

Yet people still read and listen to them.

How in the hell is Jake sill on the morning 1040?

Since he has been on I have listened for about an hour total in the morning, cant stand the guy. What a joke he was chosen to host the morning show.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1081
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby herb » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:35 am

Reefer2 wrote:Yet people still read and listen to them.


Most people are dumb.
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Zedlee » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:44 am

I like Dan Russell....he has been ripping Gillis and the Canucks management for quite a while now and to me it's fully deserved. Being a frustrated Canuck fan myself, I take some satisfaction knowing that others feel the same way. The Canucks, from the owner on down, deserve a beat down on a bunch of issues and they get it on AM 650.

Gallagher, early in the season, predicted that the big minutes played by the Sedins and Kesler would have a negative effect by mid season. It looks like he was right on, and I think this was one of Tort's biggest blunders this year - failing to appreciate how tough the travel is for western teams and overplaying his stars and underplaying his bottom 6.
Zedlee
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:52 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby dbr » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:49 am

Zedlee wrote:Gallagher, early in the season, predicted that the big minutes played by the Sedins and Kesler would have a negative effect by mid season. It looks like he was right on, and I think this was one of Tort's biggest blunders this year - failing to appreciate how tough the travel is for western teams and overplaying his stars and underplaying his bottom 6.


Henrik and Daniel both appear to have been seriously hampered by injuries, none of which (from what we can tell) had much to do with fatigue.

It's not like a less tired player wouldn't have been cross checked in the ribs halfway through a game..
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2569
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby herb » Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:57 am

dbr wrote:Henrik and Daniel both appear to have been seriously hampered by injuries, none of which (from what we can tell) had much to do with fatigue.

It's not like a less tired player wouldn't have been cross checked in the ribs halfway through a game..


Or strained their hamstring falling awkwardly into the boards (Daniel).

Or injured their leg getting hit into the boards (Henrik).
User avatar
herb
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2283
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:17 pm
Location: Mars

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Mondi » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:01 am

In my opinion, the minutes = injuries thing is a bit of a red herring. Unless you can tell that injuries were directly correlated with fatigue or they happened in the last 5 minutes of game, it is useless to speculate.

But I do have a question for the faithful here, can anyone align the camps of writers and broadcasters for coach and GM bias.

There have been plenty of dumping-on-Torts columns lately, and I know there is a camp of AV loyalist (i.e. Kuzma). There are also Gillis supporters (i.e. Gallgaher), and there are even some Nonis people out there. Does anyone know the breakdown. Without knowing the built in bias, it is hard to tell whose being honest and whose just being Darren Dregger-like.

For example, there is no way in hell AV would have guided this sad sack team to the playoffs this season with the same injury situation. This team has not been offensive enough since early 2012, and only gotten worse with time.
User avatar
Mondi
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 851
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:45 am

Zedlee wrote:I like Dan Russell....he has been ripping Gillis and the Canucks management for quite a while now and to me it's fully deserved. Being a frustrated Canuck fan myself, I take some satisfaction knowing that others feel the same way. The Canucks, from the owner on down, deserve a beat down on a bunch of issues and they get it on AM 650.

Gallagher, early in the season, predicted that the big minutes played by the Sedins and Kesler would have a negative effect by mid season. It looks like he was right on, and I think this was one of Tort's biggest blunders this year - failing to appreciate how tough the travel is for western teams and overplaying his stars and underplaying his bottom 6.

Dan Russel is a pus filled fat lump of dog shit . He has hated the team for 15 years since he didn't get the pbp gig.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby ukcanuck » Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:12 am

dan russell is even worse than Gallon gagger (if that's possible)

The present vancouver media contingent makes a guy miss Jim Taylor...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Puck » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:02 am

Every morning I check out on 1040 on my way to work in the hopes that something useful might get discussed. I'm routinely amazed to find that they often don't talk about sports at all. Admittedly, we're talking a very short commute, but still... it's supposed to be sports radio, is it not?

Jake might not be so bad as host if Pratt actually contributed something, but it's ALL filler. It's as if these guys just like hanging around the sports world. You could drop in on any coffee break in BC and get the same degree of insight. They don't seem to do any research, or try to formulate any original opinions, so why does anyone hire these guys? Ferraro is always a good listen. Crawford is really good too, especially when he gets into the details. That's what I want to hear about - details, tactical stuff, theory. Anybody can tell player X took a night off. What would be entertaining from talk radio would be some real analysis.

Rintoul was a hundred times better than this and he probably has some upside. Were his ratings that bad?
User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Strangelove » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Seriously, I almost never listen to, read, or watch any of these local guys any more.

Not for years.

Once in awhile when their comments are discussed in this forum, that's about it.
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7575
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby BurningBeard » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:16 pm

Puck wrote:Rintoul was a hundred times better than this and he probably has some upside. Were his ratings that bad?

I really liked Rintoul when he had the morning show. I believe he requested the move for family reasons.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby BurningBeard » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 pm

Zedlee wrote:I like Dan Russell....he has been ripping Gillis and the Canucks management for quite a while now and to me it's fully deserved. Being a frustrated Canuck fan myself, I take some satisfaction knowing that others feel the same way. The Canucks, from the owner on down, deserve a beat down on a bunch of issues and they get it on AM 650.

I think it's pretty desperate that you feel the need to advertise your show on internet message boards, Dan. :wink:
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
User avatar
BurningBeard
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 936
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:02 pm

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Patterson and Price seem to take particular glee in the team struggling. Like Russel they seem very bitter at the team . I don't expect cheerleading but I don't see the need to be so fucking smarmy and arrogant in slagging the Canucks. These idiots are too fucking stupid to actually research and find out why the team is the shits at the moment and instead just want to say i told you so and cut off any callers who argue with them.

Its a sad state of affairs when the morons trot out the same mouth breathers for callers day in and day out.

Troy from White Rock
Hardy from the Wack
Maple Leaf Dave
Johnny from Commercial Drive

Losers and fucktards one and all. I rarely listen to the station but when I do I hear the same 4 losers phoning in.

I would much rather listen to Rome and Patrick or even JT the Brick. Better guests, way better hosts and funnier callers. No idea how anyone could listen to 1040 or Russel for any length of timel with their Vancouver only content.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3146
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Island Nucklehead, Lloyd Braun, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests