Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media" (or "Idiots" as Torts calls them)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Vancouver's Hockey "Media"

Post by dbr »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Perhaps the Canucks should look into hiring some of Stephen Harper's media relations people. Write something negative about the coach, get held up by Rogers arena security for a period and a half. Question Dear Leader, no interviews for your entire organization until after the Draft. Criticize the Franchise, every player will answer every question, regardless of context,with "Let me be clear, we are a world leader in hockey."
OMG, can this be an option in Arachnid's poll?
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dbr wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Perhaps the Canucks should look into hiring some of Stephen Harper's media relations people. Write something negative about the coach, get held up by Rogers arena security for a period and a half. Question Dear Leader, no interviews for your entire organization until after the Draft. Criticize the Franchise, every player will answer every question, regardless of context,with "Let me be clear, we are a world leader in hockey."
OMG, can this be an option in Arachnid's poll?
Hey! I can only cram so much crap in the poll...you want to vent....create your own gad dang poll! (rumour has it you like poles :P

Pretty funny idea though...Media security....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

BladesofSteel wrote:B-Mac/Taylor: I enjoy their Ferarro segments, but without a guest on, they enjoy themselves a little too much.
You're forgetting the gut-splitting hilarious "Twitter Guy" segment where their systematic ribbing & ROFL isn't the least bit contrived. This is can't-miss-non-stop-action!!
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Dude, having dealt with those clowns more than I would care to admit it wouldn't be quite so comical and more depressing. It would be nothing but press briefs where either Gillis or Torts would read a statement, and then leave before questions get asked. No player interviews allowed under any circumstances. Any coverage of Utica would have to get GMMG's pre-authorization before anybody says anything on- or off-record. Anybody straying off message will become an un-canuck.

I don't really read much beyond the Province online, and I don't get the local broadcast shows - which seems like not such a bad thing judging by the comments around here. I can handle Botch - opinion, ego and all. I barely read whatever Gollum puts out, and Willes just seems a little too smarmy but otherwise don't mind him.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

I don't read or listen to any of those retards. You'd think that if they are such great hockey minds they would have made it farther in their careers than local daily coverage.

Local sports media boys are the worst. They're all know it alls, and take supreme enjoyment out of the local team sucking so they can manage the guided tours around the wreckage.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote:I don't read or listen to any of those retards. You'd think that if they are such great hockey minds they would have made it farther in their careers than local daily coverage.

Local sports media boys are the worst. They're all know it alls, and take supreme enjoyment out of the local team sucking so they can manage the guided tours around the wreckage.
Well said Herb.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Yet people still read and listen to them.

How in the hell is Jake sill on the morning 1040?

Since he has been on I have listened for about an hour total in the morning, cant stand the guy. What a joke he was chosen to host the morning show.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Reefer2 wrote:Yet people still read and listen to them.
Most people are dumb.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

I like Dan Russell....he has been ripping Gillis and the Canucks management for quite a while now and to me it's fully deserved. Being a frustrated Canuck fan myself, I take some satisfaction knowing that others feel the same way. The Canucks, from the owner on down, deserve a beat down on a bunch of issues and they get it on AM 650.

Gallagher, early in the season, predicted that the big minutes played by the Sedins and Kesler would have a negative effect by mid season. It looks like he was right on, and I think this was one of Tort's biggest blunders this year - failing to appreciate how tough the travel is for western teams and overplaying his stars and underplaying his bottom 6.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Zedlee wrote:Gallagher, early in the season, predicted that the big minutes played by the Sedins and Kesler would have a negative effect by mid season. It looks like he was right on, and I think this was one of Tort's biggest blunders this year - failing to appreciate how tough the travel is for western teams and overplaying his stars and underplaying his bottom 6.
Henrik and Daniel both appear to have been seriously hampered by injuries, none of which (from what we can tell) had much to do with fatigue.

It's not like a less tired player wouldn't have been cross checked in the ribs halfway through a game..
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

dbr wrote:Henrik and Daniel both appear to have been seriously hampered by injuries, none of which (from what we can tell) had much to do with fatigue.

It's not like a less tired player wouldn't have been cross checked in the ribs halfway through a game..
Or strained their hamstring falling awkwardly into the boards (Daniel).

Or injured their leg getting hit into the boards (Henrik).
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Zedlee wrote:I like Dan Russell....he has been ripping Gillis and the Canucks management for quite a while now and to me it's fully deserved. Being a frustrated Canuck fan myself, I take some satisfaction knowing that others feel the same way. The Canucks, from the owner on down, deserve a beat down on a bunch of issues and they get it on AM 650.

Gallagher, early in the season, predicted that the big minutes played by the Sedins and Kesler would have a negative effect by mid season. It looks like he was right on, and I think this was one of Tort's biggest blunders this year - failing to appreciate how tough the travel is for western teams and overplaying his stars and underplaying his bottom 6.
Dan Russel is a pus filled fat lump of dog shit . He has hated the team for 15 years since he didn't get the pbp gig.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

dan russell is even worse than Gallon gagger (if that's possible)

The present vancouver media contingent makes a guy miss Jim Taylor...
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Every morning I check out on 1040 on my way to work in the hopes that something useful might get discussed. I'm routinely amazed to find that they often don't talk about sports at all. Admittedly, we're talking a very short commute, but still... it's supposed to be sports radio, is it not?

Jake might not be so bad as host if Pratt actually contributed something, but it's ALL filler. It's as if these guys just like hanging around the sports world. You could drop in on any coffee break in BC and get the same degree of insight. They don't seem to do any research, or try to formulate any original opinions, so why does anyone hire these guys? Ferraro is always a good listen. Crawford is really good too, especially when he gets into the details. That's what I want to hear about - details, tactical stuff, theory. Anybody can tell player X took a night off. What would be entertaining from talk radio would be some real analysis.

Rintoul was a hundred times better than this and he probably has some upside. Were his ratings that bad?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Seriously, I almost never listen to, read, or watch any of these local guys any more.

Not for years.

Once in awhile when their comments are discussed in this forum, that's about it.
____
Try to focus on someday.