Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: Gallagher says Kassian needs a new start elsewhere

Post by nuckster »

I just read that in practice yesterday, that Kass wasn't put on as part of the second unit powerplay. Yeah that makes so much fuckin sense!? I think Torts is a Shithead; cause like Hansen has just so much more goal scoring prowess right? Mind you I kinda get the sense that Torts has a number of relatives on this site as well, I mean after all, he is infallible right?
cc oldtimer
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

nuckster wrote:I just read that in practice yesterday, that Kass wasn't put on as part of the second unit powerplay. Yeah that makes so much fuckin sense!? I think Torts is a Shithead; cause like Hansen has just so much more goal scoring prowess right? Mind you I kinda get the sense that Torts has a number of relatives on this site as well, I mean after all, he is infallible right?
Is that what this site has come to?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote:
nuckster wrote:I just read that in practice yesterday, that Kass wasn't put on as part of the second unit powerplay. Yeah that makes so much fuckin sense!? I think Torts is a Shithead; cause like Hansen has just so much more goal scoring prowess right? Mind you I kinda get the sense that Torts has a number of relatives on this site as well, I mean after all, he is infallible right?
Is that what this site has come to?

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

herb wrote:Zack's shot is pretty damn good and I want to see more of it. One disappointment is that his shot total is very low.
Really? Perhaps that has something to do w/ icetime, quality of linemates, and basically ZERO pp time.
I think his shot totals are fine considering those factors. Note he has one of the top shooting percentages on the team.
RoyalDude wrote:It's comical seeing Kassian get showered with love for getting 4 assists against the worst team in the league
If it's so easy why didn't other top 6 Canucks get a single assist let alone 4?
nuckster wrote:
herb wrote:Kassian's issue is that he is not consistent. He is becoming more consistent shift to shift within games, but what you see one game is not necessarily what you will see the next game. One game he is making smart decisions and good passes, and the next game he isn't moving his feet and trying to hard to make things happen with a big hit.

I think I have seen more consistency from Jensen than we generally do from Kassian. Coaches need to be able to trust players, and I don't think we're there with Kassian yet.
You guys all natter on sometimes. How is Kassian any different than any other frikin Canuck player this year?? You're describing characteristics concerning the whole frikin team. How can anyone single Kassian out amongst the group we've seen play this year?? Jeeese It's TORTS TORTS TORTS that is the defining piece around when or if Kassian plays. End of story. (there that's my 'NATTERING' opinion)
Bingo! I don't mind the " consistency" theory or the idea of him earning ice but it's not applied to other inconsistent players on this team, of which there are many. Jensen has immediately been "put into a position to succeed" whereas Kassian must learn a complete game. Meanwhile when he doesn't score he's had some stretches of being invisible. I don't mind that w/ a kid but it's a bit hypocritical to say the least when you consider what they're asking of Zack. Hansen? What kind of an excuse of a season is he having? Yet he runs amok on the 2nd line & 2nd pp unit. Just saying, he'll make mistakes - sure, but he can't be any worse than this sorry lot have been. Give the kids some experience in the home stretch.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

I don't have a link handy however I recall AV being high on Jensen's play at both ends of the rink during his first training camp. There are some players that just "get" the game whereas others have to learn by trial and error through moving up and down the lineup.

I remember when Lucic burst onto the scene with a hat trick, only to find himself playing on the 4th line a week later. Some guys just don't have an even effort shift to shift and game to game and they have to learn it the hard way. Also, keep in mind that Kassian started his career with the Buffalo Sabres who I honestly believe weren't the best team for him to learn how to be a professional and in all likelihood he has had to unlearn some habits he picked up there.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Maybe Kassian just gets carried away.

Kassian is capable of some high level shit but maybe it goes to his head and he then feels compelled to do something fucktard'ish to bring himself down.

:lol:

Who knows. I just want to keep scoring those pretty strength on strength goals.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

That was a great goal he scored tonight. First time I have seen that power move by him. One can only hope we are seeing him begin to get it and this is the start of the type of player MG saw in him. The good thing about all the injuries is that he has seen a variety of line mates and is impressing.

Having Matthias and Richardson healthy sure helps.
The only HW the Canucks need
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Benjo wrote:I don't have a link handy however I recall AV being high on Jensen's play at both ends of the rink during his first training camp. There are some players that just "get" the game whereas others have to learn by trial and error through moving up and down the lineup.
Yet only 2 weeks ago both Gillis & Gilman declared Jensen "not ready" despite him lighting up the A.
Hockey Widow wrote:Having Matthias and Richardson healthy sure helps.
Agreed, there seems to be something there. No coincidence the mini-winning streak more or less coincides w/ the 3rd line contributing offensively.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:Having Matthias and Richardson healthy sure helps.
Huge

Richardson, who I have not been impressed with for the most part, is a consistently steady player. What the 3/4 line needs at centre.

Matthias has been fantastic a playing both centre and wing and on the PK. (Santorelli 6', 189, Matthias 6'4", 223)
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Topper wrote:Matthias has been fantastic a playing both centre and wing and on the PK. (Santorelli 6', 189, Matthias 6'4", 223)
I like Matthias as well. He hustles and seems to have decent skillz, just wish he was a lil better on the draws. He seems to lose a lot more than he wins. Wish manny was still around to give him some tips.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I missed this thread.

I completely disagree with Gallagher.

Kassian should stay a Canuck, and I've been quite satisfied with his progress.

I for one, love the fact that the both Vigneault and Torts are trying to make Kassian more well rounded by forcing him to work on his defensive game. Everyone knows his potential on offense. By making him 'pay his dues' and getting him to work on other aspects of his game, you make him a more well rounded player.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Kassian's time will come. He is being handled much like Bert was with the NYI. The biggest knock, consistency. Part of the problem I think is in trying to create 4 balanced lines, not so much that Kassian is in the dog house.

I too want to see him get an extended look with Bonino and burrows/Higgins, dropping one of them to the third. But the second line is also an effective shut down line as it is. Kassian needs to work on that part of his game, which is where the consistency issue comes in.

If I remember correctly, he Richardson and Mathias/Booth, worked pretty well the last 15 games. Not sure what the overall issue is really. I think he will eventually get a top six extended look and a look on the PP, if the PP struggles again.

2 games in, let's make controversy.
The only HW the Canucks need
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Kass will be fine, just need to give him some time. I see him being a 20 goal, 45 point guy at his peak with a solid physical game. He won't be Bertuzzi but he won't be sandlak either. That's just fine with me.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Best quote from that article.....
Gagger wrote: “We’re going to be a team that uses four lines, so I’m going to play somewhere and I honestly think I can help the team no matter what line I’m playing on. We’re 2-0 after all.
It's 2 games into the season and Gallagher is already trying to stir shit up. 2 games behind the bench and already Tony G can read Willie D's mind. What a hack.

Next up.....
Gagger wrote: But one night in St. Louis, out of sheer desperation, Vigneault threw him on to the Sedin line — and by the grace of God the guy scored in the first period he played, a goal that turned his career around.

Had he not had immediate success, it’s entirely likely that Burrows would still be scuffling around on third and fourth lines.
Bur might not have been a top line player at the time, but he had been starting to show signs of contributing offensively just by playing smart hockey. It may have been a hunch that night in St. Louis, but Bur was hardly going unnoticed at that point.