Vancouver @ Washington 4PM PST / 7PM EST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Re: Vancouver @ Washington 4PM PST / 7PM EST

Post by nuckster »

Uncle dans leg wrote:"Tortsn' an tankin' for the pick" is going quite well.

In the grand scheme of things, a good game is one where the kids play well but not good enough to fuck up the process of acquiring a top 5 pick!

So.....yessssssssss! Good game!
Totally concur with this view... in the 'big picture' - excellent outcome! Jensen gets some ice time and a goal and our draft day prospects just keep gettin better.
cc oldtimer
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

Uncle dans leg wrote:"Tortsn' an tankin' for the pick" is going quite well.

In the grand scheme of things, a good game is one where the kids play well but not good enough to fuck up the process of acquiring a top 5 pick!

So.....yessssssssss! Good game!
Yes, keep playing the kids, and they'll probably lose, but as we see with some ice time they offer some hope. Jensen is really showing promise. Schroeder is more of a longshot, but I want to see him get many minutes. These guys won't learn without minutes...keep playing them, and the losses are a bonus.

You gotta figure Torts goes with Markstrom for one of the Florida-based games, back to back.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Hank wrote:
Hank wrote:Fuck sakes. Why is Sestito even in the line up?
Fuck sakes. Why is Sestito even in the line up?
Fuck sakes. Why is Sestito even in the line up?
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I hate to sound like a broken record but watching Lack play on the goal line and getting beat high continues to drive me nuts. Every goal this game. Yeah OV's was a snipe...but the book is out.
Lack absolutely whiffed on the winning goal.

:facepalm:

Absolutely wasted quite a good Canuck come back.

--
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Tanev had possibly his worst game this season. He looked like he was playing hung over.

If the Canucks are serious about tanking, then Tom Sestito MUST GET MORE ICE TIME.

Good to see the young bucks getting some points. Halak did not play a good game.

Kassian had a decent game and I saw him walk away from a possible confrontation in the 3rd. Maybe fucktard is learning?

Tanev had a very bad game.

Entertaining though. I got my time's worth.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

mathonwy wrote:Tanev had possibly his worst game this season.

So what did you think of Tanev's game tonight?

And fuck sakes. Why is Sestito even in the line up?
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:

That is a very good question Strange. I'm very glad you asked it.

What do you think Hank?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Nice to see Mathias get his 1st as a Nuck and Jensen get his 1st NHL goal. I'm really glad that Jensen is looking like a good prospect again, for most of the year, he looked like he was falling off the map.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

The 2nd and 4th goals were certainly on Lack and yeah, he was probably too deep in his net. Back to the drawing board between him Markstrom and Rollie for next season.

Is it me, or does it seem like there is no structure to the team's offense - either off the rush or in the zone? Watching this game, it just seemed like a night at the improve and they'll do what they can with whatever the other team gives them? Makes me miss the days when they would enter the zone 5-on-5 with a plan and actually executed it.

Matthias looked good out there, except in the faceoff dot. Also good to see some of the kids getting more than just 3rd or 4th line minutes. Maybe the Kesler injury is a bit of a blessing in that regard?

Kassian does go full-retard for stretches but you look at the pass he made on Schroeder's goal and you have to admit that his talent is wasted on the 4th line. Perhaps it's time for management to take a big gulp and let him play through his mistakes - and this stretch would be the time to do it. Kass still has to be held accountable, but I don't think playing him all game on the 4th line is doing anybody any good.

Top-5 Pick! Top-5 Pick! Top-5 Pick! :|
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Lancer wrote:The 2nd and 4th goals were certainly on Lack and yeah, he was probably too deep in his net. Back to the drawing board between him Markstrom and Rollie for next season.
Yeah i take back what I said about "every goal". The first one was a comedy of errors. Off Garrison and in. Still not as funny as that one early in the year that Hamhuis, Luongo, and Garrison combined on. That was a beauty!

Depsite all of my negative posts on Lack, I really do like the kid and see a ton of potential there. He has basically had the weight of a city put on his shoulders since the Luongo deal. It's unfair, really.

My problem with him is it seems like he constantly gets beat high, more often than not from a longer distance. He is very good down low in close... Possibly better than Lou in terms of lateral movement and staying composed. I hav just seen a change since the beginning of the year. He doesn't come out and challenge as much on the long shots and pucks are going in over his shoulders. I think he's like 6'3" or something? Pucks shouldn't be getting over his shoulders.

I also believe the scouting report is to shoot high glove on him. If you look at total shots on net and missed shots on net I think the strong majority would be aimed at that area.

He has a long way to go but there is a ton of potential. I just hope we don't ruin him in the process. It takes a special kind of goaltender to play in a Canadian market. Especially in Vancouver. You must have particularily thick skin...cause assholes like me will pick your ass apart!
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

mathonwy wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

That is a very good question Strange. I'm very glad you asked it.

What do you think Hank?
Yes mathonwy, I concur. It seems like our young friend Tanev has been infected by Bieksa and Edler. He indeed had his worst game... fumbling, bumbling, falling, whiffing and making some bad decisions.

As for some other Canucks... for fuck sakes, why is Sestito even in the lineup?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Sestito is there to ensure a top 5 pick comes our way...sort of an insurance policy in case things all of a sudden start going horribly well
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Sestito is there to ensure a top 5 pick comes our way...sort of an insurance policy in case things all of a sudden start going horribly well
ahh Yudel...it does appear we are griz hunting with a .223
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

There's always the one in a million eye shot

Honestly rats I am hoping whoever is gm moving forward can see this core will never win a championship. Never.

For better or worse we're stuck with the sedins, fine. They're good guys and still have some game but if they can help the next group of young guys be team first players, then they will be moving the franchise in.the right direction on their way to hockey Valhalla
If you need air...call it in
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Sestito is there to ensure a top 5 pick comes our way...sort of an insurance policy in case things all of a sudden start going horribly well
Play the plugs! And the young's! Sure fire success at the draft...

The subtle art of tanking :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)