The Rebuild

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The Rebuild

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Lets hear what you'd do...

I would continue to suck and play the kids to close out the season then first one out the door is booth in a buy out.

Next I move kesler for as many picks as possible in the 2015 draft...fuck roster players

Burows to Montreal for 2015 picks

Edler for 2015 picks

Then I don't make any FA additions unless they're young, fast and have potential...

Next season I dress all the kids all year long. sedins sorry but you are support players now.

We suck...naturally, which leads to the real goal...

Top 3 pick in 2015!

So not only do.we rebuild this year, but next as well. Doing it right on the wrong side of town!
If you need air...call it in
givemeda411
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: The Rebuild

Post by givemeda411 »

Eriksson Statsny Kesler
Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Matthias Santorelli
Burrows Richardson Hansen
Sestito

Hamhuis Niskanen
Garrison Tanev
Stanton Beiska
Weber

Lack
Markstrom

UTICA COMETS
Jensen Gaunce Schroeder
Shinkaruk Fox Dalpe
Pelletier Lain Grenier
Archiblad Welsh Mallet

Sauve Corrado
McEneny Tommernes
Blain Beiga

Eriksson
Cannata
Last edited by givemeda411 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Bring up FOX :cheers: :wave: :bounce: :towel:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

My plan (yep it's long)

Trade Kes at or before the draft. Get at least one young, ready or almost ready player in return - think Emerson Etem, Tomas Tatar, Brayden Schenn, Alex Killorn, etc. I would insist the package includes at least 1 more 1st rounder as well.

I would then look to trade the Van pick (6 to 8 overall is likely) plus the other first to move up into the top 3 or 4. Targets would be Bennett or Reinhart. Do everything you can to get one, even adding in our 2nd as well if you have to. The 6th, 15th-25th and 36th is likely enough to move up the 3 or 4 sports necessary. Could also use a guy like Hansen if the other team insists. If it's not doable then keep our pick and use both it and the other first, but do everything you can to do it. The team needs a young potential #1 centre in the worst way, already have potential 2 and 3 in Horvat and Gaunce.

Would keep Edler barring a great deal given a young D corps of Edler, Stanton, Tanev, Corrado and Hutton should be decent for years to come even when Bieksa, Hamhuis, Garrison are no longer here. Can always supplement it with a signing or trade if necessary.

Would trade one of the right wingers on the team, either Hansen or Burr, depending on who gets the better return. With Jensen, Kassian and those two there's one too many top 9 right wingers on the team. Burr can play left just fine as well so would likely trade Hansen for a younger prospect.

Buying out Booth is a given. Doesn't even necessarily need to be a compliance buyout given I doubt the team will need all their cap room next year.

Sign a couple of free agents, one being Santorelli given he can play two positions well and can play in the top 6 or top 9. The other being a solid winger, can be left or right depending on which one of Burr or Hansen is kept.

What do you end up with?

Daniel-Henrik-Jensen/Etem/free agent
Higgy-Santorelli-Kassian
Burr-Horvat-Jensen/Etem/free agent
Matthias-Richardson-who knows
Sestito-Schroeder

You'd still have Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Archibald, etc in Utica to bring up if necessary. Perhaps Jensen as well if you're able to sign more than one free agent. You'd also have Reinhart/Bennett/2014 draft pick in the wings, if they make the team out of camp that's great, just means more depth.

The free agents I would target are Milan Michalek, Cammalleri, Moulson, Stastny, Iginla. Don't want any 6 or 7 year contract guys, 2 or 3 years is perfect to allow the young guys to develop. If you sign a winger then Santo plays centre, if you sign a centre he plays wing.

The last thing I would do is get rid of Torts. Love the guy's candour and he seems like a great person, but his system on this team could not be worse. No reason to change the whole team to suit him, would rather get a coach who coaches and up tempo puck possession system as opposed to dump and chase hockey. The way this team is playing could not be more incorrect for the personnel that is here.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: I would continue to suck
We would expect nothing else.
Uncle dans leg wrote: Next I move kesler for as many picks as possible in the 2015 draft...fuck roster players

Burows to Montreal for 2015 picks

Edler for 2015 picks

Then I don't make any FA additions unless they're young, fast and have potential...

Next season I dress all the kids all year long. sedins sorry but you are support players now.

We suck...naturally, which leads to the real goal...

Top 3 pick in 2015!

So not only do.we rebuild this year, but next as well. Doing it right on the wrong side of town!

No offense Dan, but I think you belong here: http://fans.oilers.nhl.com/community/
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Well I see you put a lot if thought into that doctster.
The truth is...this core failed. They failed with the twins at the peak of their game and thinking they can or will return to that level is about as likely as you and spidey having a goatee grow-off.
Time to move on dude or do u need me to link you to a flames fan board? ;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Well I see you put a lot if thought into that doctster.
Well your OP most certainly did not deserve any more thought than that Dan.

YES: It was THAT ridiculous.

Kesler, Edler, and Burrows for 2015 picks! Image

Take your "top 3 pick in 2015" and cram it ALL the way up your ass with a red-hot poker... mmmKAY?

Obviously this team is going to go the retool route.

Obviously this team is not going to tank next season.

I humbly suggest you watch the youtube clip I provided... over and over and over... until you get it.

Or are you intent on.... "continuing to suck"? :scowl:

Work with me Dan, I'm trying to help you...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The core is done, put a fork in them.

Trade Edler, Kesler and another the top 4 D.

Get back young players who were drafted high and played some NHL or NHL ready.

Fire Gillis first before anything happens.

Hire a coach who does not preach shot blocking, of course you do it but for freaks sake you need to score more than 2 goals a game so you need offense.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I've watched enough sucking from our core while they were a contender with their stars firing to know that this group won't amount to anything more than we've already seen.

Sure the OP was extreme but haven't you seen enough yet? The team needs more than a tinkering. It needs to be reborn.

The funny thing is I think you're going to watch them suck regardless of whether kesler, burrows or Edler are in the line up or not.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Reefer2 wrote:The core is done, put a fork in them.

Hire a coach who does not preach shot blocking, of course you do it but for freaks sake you need to score more than 2 goals a game so you need offense.
What is with people and 'fire Gillis!' Over and over I hear it. In the years he has been here he's taken a middle of the road team to the best regular season team in the league twice in a row, playoffs every year, to within one win of the cup, has taken them to second in the league in revenues and people seem to think he's getting fired? Yep he seems like an arrogant SOB and not somebody I particularly like but the results have been there. By the results he's easily been the best GM in team history and it's not close.

Yep this year has been a tire fire and he's got a ton if work to do this offseason but you don't fire a guy with his results after one bad season.

Sometimes I wonder how long people have been Nucks fans, do they remember the Burke years? The Keenan years? How about the whole 70's and 80's? I guess there are a ton of younger fans around now who have no idea what a losing team is like, so I shouldn't be too surprised.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sure the OP was extreme but haven't you seen enough yet? The team needs more than a tinkering. It needs to be reborn.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:I've watched enough sucking from our core while they were a contender with their stars firing to know that this group won't amount to anything more than we've already seen.

Sure the OP was extreme but haven't you seen enough yet? The team needs more than a tinkering. It needs to be reborn.

The funny thing is I think you're going to watch them suck regardless of whether kesler, burrows or Edler are in the line up or not.
It's half of one year of suckage. You don't blow up a whole team because of it. A guy like Kesler wants out you trade him, along with anyone else who doesn't want to be here. No reason to blow it up, there are 4 or 5 young kids that will be joining the team in the next couple of years and that's enough new blood to achieve what we are looking for.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote:
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sure the OP was extreme but haven't you seen enough yet? The team needs more than a tinkering. It needs to be reborn.
:lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Diehard1 wrote:
It's half of one year of suckage
If you consider the playoff failings of this group you will see the suckage has always been there. Blown series leads, inexplicable meltdowns, playoff disappointments.

Oh yes...the suckage has always been there. 2011 was the chance. It's over

Edit: the 2011 did show a show heaps of character in going to game 7 of the finals. I won't ttake that away from them but the Chelsea dagger chi-town meltdowns, the past 2 first round beatdowns, the finals...there's slot of failings in there.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Reefer2 wrote:The core is done, put a fork in them.

Time out, shuffle lines.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.