OOTS: 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: OOTS: 2013-14

Post by The Brown Knight »

BigTuna wrote:Best Deadline Deal Just Became Thomas to Dallas.
I'll give you one thing BigTuna.

As much as I dislike Dave Bolland, I like what the guy brings to the table..........especially in a playoff environment.

If Bolland gets healthy and is playing for you guys in the post-season, I can see the leaves possibly being a threat. I'm not sure if the leaves have the horses to take out the Pens or the B's, but a healthy Bolland will make you guys a viable threat.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:why kick out the tuna ? You guys trying to Bountifulize this place? Sure he is a troll... who cares ? His team is going to make the playoffs for the 2nd time in a decade and he feels pretty good about it. I don't like the long term outlook of the leaves but at least he'll get to watch his team in the tournament. Let him have his fun and don't ban him for being a retard . He has been around for a decade and like a long lost grubby basset hound he keeps coming back for a smack in the grill .
So it's kinda like we shouldn't tow him out of the handicap parking spot?

Or do trolls get grandfathered in?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Yeah I wasn't trying to start a referendum on the guy, more wondering how he still manages to get serious responses out of people.

I still laugh out loud at half his posts, so I have no problem with him being here.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

The Brown Knight wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Best Deadline Deal Just Became Thomas to Dallas.
I'll give you one thing BigTuna.

As much as I dislike Dave Bolland, I like what the guy brings to the table..........especially in a playoff environment.

If Bolland gets healthy and is playing for you guys in the post-season, I can see the leaves possibly being a threat. I'm not sure if the leaves have the horses to take out the Pens or the B's, but a healthy Bolland will make you guys a viable threat.
I honestly think any team can come out of the East. I don't buy that it's Pittsburgh, Boston or bust. Pittsburgh's defense is very bad and the team looks beatable. Boston actually has less points than the leaves since Dec-01.

Bolland will be a nice addition, although I'm not sure if he could be anywhere close to the guy we saw in October. He was off to the best start of his career.

I think a team that is not even in the playoffs right now could be a threat in the East.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:why kick out the tuna ? You guys trying to Bountifulize this place? Sure he is a troll... who cares ? His team is going to make the playoffs for the 2nd time in a decade and he feels pretty good about it. I don't like the long term outlook of the leaves but at least he'll get to watch his team in the tournament. Let him have his fun and don't ban him for being a retard . He has been around for a decade and like a long lost grubby basset hound he keeps coming back for a smack in the grill .

I've said the same as Blob.

Stinks of Bountiful. The amount of shit we give the leaves, Charlie makes a humorous counterpoint. He can bunk with RD.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:
Cornuck wrote:

I've said the same as Blob.

Stinks of Bountiful. The amount of shit we give the leaves, Charlie makes a humorous counterpoint. He can bunk with RD.
Yeah, agree, he's probably got an ugly fat wife ((The leaves) and this is his reprieve...but at least he has a wife :D
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Big Tuna is just feeding on the fears of the prospects of a successful Toronto Maple leaves hockey team run by the man Mike Gillis weaselled out of his position here, double that with their shattered hearts from the bed shitting by their beloved Gillis
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Does affirmative action for mental disability apply to internet message boards?
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote:Big Tuna is just feeding on the fears of the prospects of a successful Toronto Maple leaves hockey team run by the man Mike Gillis weaselled out of his position here, double that with their shattered hearts from the bed shitting by their beloved Gillis
Nonis is no Burke. Getting rid of him was a big mistake. He's the best GM at trading bar none.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BigTuna wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Big Tuna is just feeding on the fears of the prospects of a successful Toronto Maple leaves hockey team run by the man Mike Gillis weaselled out of his position here, double that with their shattered hearts from the bed shitting by their beloved Gillis
Nonis is no Burke. Getting rid of him was a big mistake. He's the best GM at trading bar none.
Oh for sure. I don't see how anybody could argue with that.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The B's bomb Luo with 41 shots and win 5-2.

Better get used that Luo.

:lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

mathonwy wrote:The B's bomb Luo with 41 shots and win 5-2.

Better get used that Luo.

#PrayForLu

Timmay would have mopped up nicely in the third...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hank wrote: Timmay would have mopped up nicely in the third...
:D
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Jordan "Turtle" Nolan punched Joe Joensuu - whose arms were being held by the refs at the time - in the face during a scrum last night..

4 minute double minor.

Not exactly the same situation as the fight he turned down in January but still.. yet another example of a guy getting his licks in and facing little in the way of disciplinary response. I guess he could get a call from the league today but I'm not holding my breath. :roll:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Hank wrote:
#PrayForLu

Timmay would have mopped up nicely in the third...

I supported Luongo when he was here, but his glee at getting traded away and his twatter comments the other night aimed at the Canucks and Lack make me hope he gets shelled every night for the rest of his NHL career.