A Rudderless Ship

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: A Rudderless Ship

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Mathonwy you cried like a baby for a year after the trade. it was painful to read. It was as bad as SC and the Ballard trade but at least he was right. Who cares about the timing of the trade ? By bringing that up you make it sound like Cody would have helped the Canucks against the Kings.
:cry: I cry because I care. :drink:

Who cares about the timing? That's like saying who cares if you sold your house in 2006 or 2010 (IE. Housing bubble, market crash, yadda yadda yadda).

Timing is everything my friend. Canucks versus Kings? Wow, stop. Just stop. You're going off on a crazy ass tangent that I don't want any part of.

I can not think of a single logical reason why the Canucks rang up Dale Tallon Monday afternoon to do a Luo deal other than they fucked up with the Heritage Classic starting goaltenders and Luo's said enough's enough.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yes you're right it was all Pat Brisson. :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't have had anything to do with new ownership in FLA or the fact that Elliotte broke the story that Luongo was being shopped BEFORE the "Heritage Garbage Idea" . You and Harrison make a good team.
If he was being shopped then why didnt Gillis call Tallon ???? Why was it Brisson that finally made the call ??? It probably did have to do with the new owners but why didnt Gillis call them knowing that they wanted to make a move like this ??
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

RoyalDude wrote:Gillis and his band of merry men talk the talk but strip it down to the frame he is a man without a plan. One of the sloppiest GM's this once respectable franchise has ever had. Yes, it's a rudderless ship alright

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the loyal Gillis CC'ers here who drink his koolaid

RD in da haus
All the former MG luvers are demanding his head now. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yes i am on a crazy assed tangent yet you jumped up and down about the timing. :lol: The only thing to take from that is that you think Coho would have helped in the post season. I take Eye Bags' words with a grain of salt. He is a liawyer after all. He mentioned at the time that he had players targetted in return for Coho and everyone jump on that. Ie Clifford, Sutter etc.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Gillis and his band of merry men talk the talk but strip it down to the frame he is a man without a plan. One of the sloppiest GM's this once respectable franchise has ever had. Yes, it's a rudderless ship alright

I'm actually starting to feel sorry for the loyal Gillis CC'ers here who drink his koolaid

RD in da haus
Was I an MG "luver"? During the cup run I definitely was.

However, this season has really been a not so funny comedy of clusterfucks and when you start peeling back the onion layers, what's below is pretty bad.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yes i am on a crazy assed tangent yet you jumped up and down about the timing. :lol: The only thing to take from that is that you think Coho would have helped in the post season. I take Eye Bags' words with a grain of salt. He is a liawyer after all. He mentioned at the time that he had players targetted in return for Coho and everyone jump on that. Ie Clifford, Sutter etc.
Blobby.. you haven't responded to a single one of my retorts.

Come on man!! Stop talking about Coho. At least comment on one of the articles I've posted for your pleasure.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

black ace wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yes you're right it was all Pat Brisson. :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't have had anything to do with new ownership in FLA or the fact that Elliotte broke the story that Luongo was being shopped BEFORE the "Heritage Garbage Idea" . You and Harrison make a good team.
If he was being shopped then why didnt Gillis call Tallon ???? Why was it Brisson that finally made the call ??? It probably did have to do with the new owners but why didnt Gillis call them knowing that they wanted to make a move like this ??

I honestly don't know black ace. I don't believe Gillis, Burke or Nonis, not sure why I should believe Tallon, he is a former Canuck after all. I just find it hard to believe that Roberto was finally dealt two days after the game in the sweaty bubble when there was NO market for him for the past 20 months. It doesn't pass the smell test. It does however put a black hat on Tort's head.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:

RD in da haus

So are you on top or the bottom when you and RD do the 71 ?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

mathonwy wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yes i am on a crazy assed tangent yet you jumped up and down about the timing. :lol: The only thing to take from that is that you think Coho would have helped in the post season. I take Eye Bags' words with a grain of salt. He is a liawyer after all. He mentioned at the time that he had players targetted in return for Coho and everyone jump on that. Ie Clifford, Sutter etc.
Blobby.. you haven't responded to a single one of my retorts.

Come on man!! Stop talking about Coho. At least comment on one of the articles I've posted for your pleasure.
Whats your point ? I posted yesterday that if Gillis didn't pull off a deal today that it was likely that his hands were tied . Harrison Mooney is an idiot so if he says Pat Brisson orchestrated this deal I have to believe that. I think not. ditto for the scrub writing for Metro.......sounds like Burke saying "we don't make this deal if Dave Gagner isn't coming back". The managers and agents are all a pack of fucking liars and the fishwrap faggots are even worse.
Spock
CC Veteran

Post by Spock »

It is very sad the decline of the team. Did Daniel suddenly forget how to play hockey? Ditto Burrows? Or is the system an anathema to how they play that they are over thinking what to do rather than do what *feels* right. I don't think Gillis can be blamed for Torts coaching, but I can't see how Tortorella will be back next season barring a late season surge and post season success.

Gillis can't be blamed for starting the Luongo Situation - lets face it, Schneider DID give the Canucks a better chance to win once Luongo's confidence was battered. BUT, the Canucks should have just played Luongo once that contract was signed. The kind of financial and cap commitment to him REQUIRED that the team ride him regardless. Destroying or damaging the value of that contract hurt the organization immeasurably. Offering that kind of contract was a short term genius (later punished as circumvention) but long term so risky that it should never have been offered.

The organization is going to regret upping the Sedins the way they did. Yes, they have been the face of the francise for more than a decade. Statistically already on the decline, you can't give that kind of money to aging stars and then add no movement clauses as well.

I think many posters were right 2 seasons ago when they said we had seen the acme of this group of Canucks in 2011.

THIS FEELS LIKE 1996 again

Here is what I posted in July ----and Im sad that I was right.

The Glass is Half Empty....
by Spock » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:24 am

At this point, it is impossible to argue that the Canucks are a better team for the upcoming season than they were last season.

1) one year older on a veteran laden team.
2) less depth at defense
3) less depth in goal.
4) the few young forwards Canucks employ have not shined at the NHL level thus far.
5) no cap room to improve the team.

Basically, Canucks are praying that the current roster can play better.

Sounds like the definition of insanity to me. "

We are going into the night - and not alot of light out there going forward.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one."

Spock of Vulcan
Stardate 2476.8
Spock
CC Rookie

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few... or the one."

Spock of Vulcan
Stardate 2476.8
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Torterella" Something is being talked about that we knew we were going to trade Lui and thats why we kept him out. Thats so far from the truth. That was my decision you can poke a lot of holes in if you lose. I will take the heat. That was a decision based on Lack plating well".

Pretty much calls his GM a lair.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

black ace wrote:Torterella" Something is being talked about that we knew we were going to trade Lui and thats why we kept him out. Thats so far from the truth. That was my decision you can poke a lot of holes in if you lose. I will take the heat. That was a decision based on Lack plating well".

Pretty much calls his GM a lair.

Sometimes these clowns don't know when to shut up. They all look like idiots at this point.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Can't at least ONE of you assholes agree with my narrative?

When the Kesler-wants-out-of-Dodge rumour broke, Lou tweeted for all the world to see:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444824

“I said whether (Kesler) wants to go or stay, he’s not going anywhere,” Luongo said. “We all know how this script ends.”
Does everyone here really think Torts... and MG.. and Aquaman... weren't majorly pissed about that?

(the actual tweet was somewhat worse, but I can't remember it word-for-word - I'll search)

(Lou deleted it pretty quickly)

Make no mistake, Torts knew exactly how badly Lou wanted to play in that game.

That tweet plus the fact Lack had been playing well made it an automatic for Torts.

"Hmm gotta choose between a red-hot rookie and a guy who just reminded the world he doesn't wanna be here"

"Hmm I warned the team to be very careful about what they tweet and Lou just added fuel to the Kesler story"

"Hmmm am I running a Yuk Yuk's Standup Comedy Club or a GODDAMN NHL HOCKEY TEAM??!!

Then Luongo whines to the press about the benching and...

GONE BABY GONE

I've been a Lou apologist forever, but I can't forgive him for that garbage.

And I can't believe I'M THE ONLY ONE ripping him for this.

Fuck me, maybe it's the drugs. :mex:

Of course if my narrative is true, no one would breathe a word of it for a decade or so.

But the few fact we DO know, totally fit the narrative.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The return of spock! It must mean something....

Pretty good summary there man. Sad but true.
Of all the contracts that MG has handed out that suck, the Sedin extensions are the worst. Man what Gillis wouldn't give to take those back I bet.
If you need air...call it in
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The events of the last few days don't change my opinions on Gillis, Torts, Luongo, or what the Canucks should be doing.

Luongo's history, & the events leading up to the trade deadline, make Luongo's trade a logical, if not a predictable consequence.

The whining of fickle fans is pathetic.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.