Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Meds »

I wonder if any deal we make with Washington might include a cap swap of Booth for Erat. Straight up one for one. Both teams just taking a chance that a change of scenery will give the players a bit of a reset, and if that fails then compliance buyout and the Caps save $250K.

I also read a scouting report on Kuznetsov that has me less interested than I was about 5 minutes ago. He's pegged as being moody and also not 100% sure about leaving Russia and coming over to the NHL. I also don't like that he's already 21 years old and only 172 lbs.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Diaz out, Weaver in, good job Habs.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Dustin Penner for a 4th seems cheap.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Reefer2 wrote:Dustin Penner for a 4th seems cheap.
Oh, how the mighty have fallen...

...for a pancake. :lol:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

For some strange reason, Penner just decided to stop playing half way through this season.

He started the season on fire playing with Getzlaf and Perry and then inexplicably stopped playing hard and started getting scratched.

The guy's got some serious mental issues. I'm surprised Anaheim got a 4th for him.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

mathonwy wrote:
For some strange reason, Penner just decided to stop playing half way through this season.

He started the season on fire playing with Getzlaf and Perry and then inexplicably stopped playing hard and started getting scratched.

The guy's got some serious mental issues. I'm surprised Anaheim got a 4th for him.
Is this known a now revelation to you about Penner?

Holy shit Batman
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

RoyalDude wrote:
mathonwy wrote:

Is this known a now revelation to you about Penner?

Holy shit Batman
One would think that playing on a legitimate SC contender would motivate one to play half decent so not to get dumped for a bag of pucks. Especially as one of the leaders of the team (Getzlaf) actually advocated on your behalf to bring you in.

I'm just sayin RD. You don't have to get up all in my face.

SHUTDOWN HOCKEY!!)#*F)*YUFH)*VH*OIHVRIGFD

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Didn't mean to get into your grill. Penner can do this to you, make you believe
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mathonwy wrote:

Penner has done this throughout his career. It is why he has moved from Edmonton to LA, Anaheim and now Washington.

How can anyone be surprised. OK, a good playoffs inflated his rep WooooooHoooooo
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
mathonwy wrote:

Penner has done this throughout his career. It is why he has moved from Edmonton to LA, Anaheim and now Washington.

How can anyone be surprised. OK, a good playoffs inflated his rep WooooooHoooooo
I think the Ducks were trying to make a statement by trading him on National Pancake Day. :lol:

Penner was looking for a big payday as a UFA last summer, all he was offered was a 1 year deal at $2m.
____
Try to focus on someday.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I would like to see Jason Garrison traded to the Buffalo Sabres for Tyler Myers, similar contracts and i think both guys would do better with a change of scenery..
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Tyler Myers is still young. Probably should have stayed in juniors 1 more year. Love to have him on the Canucks.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

okcanuck wrote:Tyler Myers is still young. Probably should have stayed in juniors 1 more year. Love to have him on the Canucks.
24 years old, 6' 8" - 219lbs.....bean pole. Also rumored to be having nagging back problems. No thanks.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

reading this in the draft thread..
Island Nucklehead wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:As soon as we have a coach who will give Kassian a legit shot on a top line we'll see his offence flourish. He's got a very decent shot and is already perhaps our best playmaker not named Hank. For that reason alone he'd work well w/ the Twins, create room for them, do the dirty work, cycle w/ them & protect them. He'd also do well w/ Kesler in he could BE the setup man 17 needs. Wingers who are setup men don't grow on trees and are invaluable for a shooter like Kesler. Down the road he could be laying the sauce for Shinkaruk or whoever we land at 6.
I agree that he's got all the tools, but I worry about his conditioning and mental make-up to play a top-6 role consistently. He was playing great in a depth role this year, and if that development continues he should be able to solidify a top-6 role. The biggest obstacle will be his conditioning and maintaining his awareness. If he can't keep the feet moving and the brain working at a high level for that 16-18 minutes/night he will be less effective.

He definitely should be on the PP, though.
Kassian is in good shape, however I agree having him in a 2nd or 3rd line role for now is beneficial for quality depth.

I'm all for swapping out Burrows and replacing him with a bigger, tougher winger who can still play top minutes and play well with the Sedins and to me that is Scott Hartnell.

My proposal:

Edler + Hansen for Hartnell + depth dman.

Then we can trade Burrows to the Habs for Josh Georges, as we need another good gritty defensive dman, our porous defense was way too sloppy this season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I'm sure the Flyers would go for it, but with Hartnell having a NMC, I don't see it working. He did seem to have fun with the Sedins during their time at the All-Star game ("Suck it Phaneuf!"), and I'd much rather have him than Burrows, but his contract ($4.75M until 2018-19 when he's 37) and NMC probably prevent it.