The Fat Lady is warming Up!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: The Fat Lady is warming Up!

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
"Cheering for the team you are a "fan" of...... to lose." Image

Yup, it’s déjà vu all over again…
Do we need to explain to you about the why we want the team to lose? it is not because we want them to do bad it is because it will take away the excuse MG and crew would give if they went out in the first round again.

For someone who thinks so highly of himself and constantly pats himself on the back I thought you were smarter than this? But I guess not.
^^

Exactly Reef. I want to win all the time, every game. I want them to make the playoffs and I know that once in anything can happen.

But I don't trust the message we will get if they make the playoffs. Missing the playoffs lays management bare. It also forces the water boy's hand as he has said missing the playoffs is not an option. He used that in part as his justification in firing Nonis.

There is some big discontent on this team and it started with the Luongo/CS controversy. I have lost confidence in MG to make effective changes and I am tired of his justifications.

If we make the playoffs, have whatever type of run and MG DOES NOT EXPRESS ANY TYPE OF SATISFACTION, then ok, but I don't trust it.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: If we make the playoffs, have whatever type of run and MG DOES NOT EXPRESS ANY TYPE OF SATISFACTION, then ok, but I don't trust it.
Madness...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: If we make the playoffs, have whatever type of run and MG DOES NOT EXPRESS ANY TYPE OF SATISFACTION, then ok, but I don't trust it.
Madness...
Why do you say that or am I too redneck to understand? 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You don't think GMMG should take any satisfaction from his team earning ~32 of 42 points down the stretch

.... and going on a nice playoff run?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: I don't trust the message we will get if they make the playoffs. Missing the playoffs lays management bare. It also forces the water boy's hand as he has said missing the playoffs is not an option. He used that in part as his justification in firing Nonis.
Y'know it almost sounds like you want the Canucks to miss the playoffs

.... because you think it would result in the firing of GMMG. :look:

A lot of Canuck fans are losing their minds of late, please tell me you're not one of them.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: For arguments sake I'm gonna say that an "elite" NHL first line offensive player puts up 1ppg. So 5 years for Henrik, and 4 years for Daniel. And when was that again? One second, I'll go look.....oh yeah from 2006-2011 for Daniel, and 2012 for Henrik. Why, I do believe those were the years after the 2004 lockout when the ice opened up and obstruction was called left right and center.
For arguments sake I'm going to say an "elite" NHL forward scores at a 70-point pace.

Umm yeah, that was the Sedins up until... TWO FUCKING MONTHS AGO!!! :crazy:

Or did the league lighten up on the obstruction calls for the first 3 months of this season. :roll:

Please choose your words more carefully.
70 points? Wow.....I'm sure a good chunk of players would love to play in your league.

Ummmm.....they weren't on a ppg pace, they MAY have been on a 70 point pace. December inflated the numbers of this entire team. October and November weren't great months.
Doc wrote: And sorry, but…

“their success as a pair has often hinged somewhat significantly on whoever their other linemate is”

… is a stupid stupid stupid thing to say.
No it's not. Maybe in your head it is. But your head hardly matters to most people. But prove me wrong. Show me where the Sedins have been consistently producing while one of Burrows, Carter, or King weren't finishing their plays. The only time they consistently perform without that help is at 4-on-4.....because that is the only time that they actually have to move and go to the net themselves because nobody else can.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: I don't trust the message we will get if they make the playoffs. Missing the playoffs lays management bare. It also forces the water boy's hand as he has said missing the playoffs is not an option. He used that in part as his justification in firing Nonis.
Y'know it almost sounds like you want the Canucks to miss the playoffs

.... because you think it would result in the firing of GMMG. :look:

A lot of Canuck fans are losing their minds of late, please tell me you're not one of them.
Does sound like that doesn't it.

I'm not sure really if that is what I want. Certainly my trust in MG has gone and I fear he is just going to keep on keeping on. I am prepared to be pleasantly surprised if he can "re-tool" and we are competitive again but my confidence is gone.

Of course I want the team to make the playoffs I'm just not wanting to hear the injury excuse all summer. So ya, maybe I do want him gone.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: they MAY have been on a 70 point pace.
Nope they actually were on EXACTLY a 70 point pace.

For the FOURTH time today: 35 points in 41 games = 70 points in 82 games.

*knocks on Mëds' forehead*

UMMM HELLOOOO, HELLOOOOO??
Mëds wrote: December inflated the numbers of this entire team.
Mëds wrote: prove me wrong. Show me where the Sedins have been consistently producing while one of Burrows, Carter, or King weren't finishing their plays.
UMMM... DECEMBER! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: they MAY have been on a 70 point pace.
Nope they actually were on EXACTLY a 70 point pace.

For the FOURTH time today: 35 points in 41 games = 70 points in 82 games.

*knocks on Mëds' forehead*

UMMM HELLOOOO, HELLOOOOO??
Mëds wrote: December inflated the numbers of this entire team.
Mëds wrote: prove me wrong. Show me where the Sedins have been consistently producing while one of Burrows, Carter, or King weren't finishing their plays.
UMMM... DECEMBER! :lol:
Oh yes, one month. Well done. And that's only at 70 points Doc, I don't think you or I will ever be on the same page when it comes to what constitutes an elite offensive top line forward in the NHL.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Of course I want the team to make the playoffs I'm just not wanting to hear the injury excuse all summer. So ya, maybe I do want him gone.
The team would have to show a lot of character to catch fire and make the playoffs at this point

(especially with all the controversy going on of late).

Making the playoffs would be an awesome accomplishment.

Regardless though:

It is my firm belief that Gillis knows better than any of us what trades are best for this team going forward.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Oh yes, one month. Well done. And that's only at 70 points Doc, I don't think you or I will ever be on the same page when it comes to what constitutes an elite offensive top line forward in the NHL.
Ah yes, semantics.

Y'know, it wouldn't have come to this if you had the foresight to choose your words more carefully. :mex:

BTW in the 32 games Burrows missed, Daniel had 23 points, Hank had 27.

A MUCH higher points-per-game rate than they had with Burrows in the lineup...

Last edited by Strangelove on Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Strangelove wrote: A lot of Canuck fans are losing their minds of late, please tell me you're not one of them.
Doc,

Answer me this:

Do you honestly think this current core has it in them to turn the ship around and win the cup within the next 1-3 years? Even WITH some key injections of youth and/or free agent signings? Perhaps this is where we will have to agree to disagree, but I don't see it.

I think this core is in the same boat that the Flames were in 2009, and your beloved leaves were in 2003. Dare I say -this core is similar to the Canucks' core of 1996/1997.

Worst thing we could imo, is stay loyal to this aging and declining core and not fill the cupboards of prospects.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Strangelove wrote: A lot of Canuck fans are losing their minds of late, please tell me you're not one of them.
Doc,

Answer me this:

Do you honestly think this current core has it in them to turn the ship around and win the cup within the next 1-3 years? Even WITH some key injections of youth and/or free agent signings? Perhaps this is where we will have to agree to disagree, but I don't see it.
Not sure what your question has to do with the recent conversation (hoping to miss playoffs equating madness).

But if you check the archives, you'll see that the Great Strangelove wanted the core shaken this past summer.

The Great Strangelove was particularly pushing for Edler/Burrows to be shipped out.

Not sure why one would assume otherwise...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I'm with you doc, I haven't lost my head ( never had one in the first place)

I want this team exactly as it stands right now to win the Stanley cup this year... Unless changes are made, then I want the team as it is would stand to win the Stanley cup.

I also want the leaves to lose every game until Jesus returns with his list of names...
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: It is my firm belief that Gillis knows better than any of us what trades are best for this team going forward.
Why?

Very simple, why?

How many years has he been here and when ever has he shown he has the balls to do what is right?

Way to loyal and to a fault to his players.

I don't give a flying freak to the names on the back it is the Vancouver Canucks that i cheer for and i don't give a rats ass who is traded as long as the team gets better.