Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2013-14

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Talking trades for a team run by Mike 'Miss The Boat' Gillis is a waste of time. Nothing of any significance will happen other than his patented 3rd and 4th line player tinkering. Bring on the reclamation projects! Exciting.
Probably true at this point. :P
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

black ace wrote:Miller and Ott are pulled from the Sabres line-up tonight. Bob McKenzie posts that the Sabres, Blues and Ottawa were talking earlier in the week....

Of course its all made up right ????? The insiders dont have real sources right ???????
Like i said 99.9% of stuff from the talking heads are nothing more than hot air.

Some things they do have some inside information but again right now all GM's are talking. It is part of their job to talk to other GM it does not mean there is even a single ounce of truth to a deal getting done.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So apparently the Pens made an offer for Kesler before Olympic break. If Maata is a piece coming this way I'll be happy
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:I don't see how this is a good deal for Buffalo. Boi if this is an indication on the best that the sellers can get? Yikes

3 first round picks now for buffalo
You must be joking. Miller and Ott walk at the end of the year, and now they can flip Halak. The get Stewart for another year (or they can trade him too).

The 1st rounder is apparently in 2015, and the 3rd in 2016.

Buffalo gets bigger, younger and better going from Ott to Stewart. They lose going Miller to Halak, but not massively so, and they pick up a 1st, a former (last year) 2nd, and a 3rd round pick.

Not bad at all. Obviously St Louis intends to go for it, because they gave up A LOT for two rental players.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:So apparently the Pens made an offer for Kesler before Olympic break. If Maata is a piece coming this way I'll be happy
I see nothing about this on TSN.

Source?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:So apparently the Pens made an offer for Kesler before Olympic break. If Maata is a piece coming this way I'll be happy
I see nothing about this on TSN.

Source?
My source cannot be revealed

I think it was LeBrun or Doug MacLean, LOL
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Bob Rossi on Twitter: #pens did pitch #Canucks on Kessler before Olympics. Hearing Sutter, Pouliot part of those talks. That was before Letang situation.

Basically what the Penguins got for Staal. Pittsburgh would have to add.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Bob Rossi on Twitter: #pens did pitch #Canucks on Kessler before Olympics. Hearing Sutter, Pouliot part of those talks. That was before Letang situation.

Pens got a young player - Sutter
Canes top prospect - Dumoulin
Canes first round pick - Ollie Maata

For Staal

Sutter is nothing special. Maata has to be the main piece coming this way. The kid is a beaut plus he was Horvats teammate in London
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Pens got a young player - Sutter
Canes top prospect - Dumoulin
Canes first round pick - Ollie Maata

For Staal

Sutter is nothing special. Maata has to be the main piece coming this way. The kid is a beaut plus he was Horvats teammate in London

Incorrect. Derrick Pouliot was drafted with the 8th overall pick by Pittsburgh. The pick they obtained in the Staal Trade. Maatta was drafted 22nd overall, with Pittsburgh's own draft pick.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

Read on twitter some Flyer fans saying they would trade Edler and Kesler for B Schenn.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The Brown Knight wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote: Even if I'm being ridiculous here, I'd seriously offer Horvat and Shinkaruk for Erhoff, Hodgson, and whatever else that would make the deal fair (I'm guessing that Buffalo would have do give something else on there end).

Sounds nuts, but seriouly.........why not? Why not go this route if the opportunity was there?
Thank fuck you're not the GM
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

black ace wrote:Read on twitter some Flyer fans saying they would trade Edler and Kesler for B Schenn.
Let's hope not.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Incorrect. Derrick Pouliot was drafted with the 8th overall pick by Pittsburgh. The pick they obtained in the Staal Trade. Maatta was drafted 22nd overall, with Pittsburgh's own draft pick.
Oops me bad

Not a massive fan of Pouliot. Defence prospects who are 5'11 I have no interest in. Maatta is on his way to becoming a very good 1st pairing NHL D-man
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Mëds wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Talking trades for a team run by Mike 'Miss The Boat' Gillis is a waste of time. Nothing of any significance will happen other than his patented 3rd and 4th line player tinkering. Bring on the reclamation projects! Exciting.
Probably true at this point. :P
Yes, that and trading his starter for a draft pick.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I wonder with the Sabres salary dump if they would trade Tyler Myers for Chris Tanev....