Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by dbr »

BigTuna wrote:
dbr wrote:
BigTuna wrote: Where to begin on this:
How about you begin and end with "I can't tell when someone is being sarcastic" and then scuttle off to whatever leaves board you inhabit the rest of the season.
There was no sarcasm in that post.
Well I guess the good thing about you telling me what I intended when I wrote a post, is that your expertise in that area easily matches your expertise on anything else you write about here..
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

dbr wrote:[quote="BigTuna
How about you begin and end with "I can't tell when someone is being sarcastic" and then scuttle off to whatever leaves board you inhabit the rest of the season.
There was no sarcasm in that post.[/quote]

Well I guess the good thing about you telling me what I intended when I wrote a post, is that your expertise in that area easily matches your expertise on anything else you write about here..[/quote]

Careful, you may hit someone with your backtracking.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mathonwy wrote:If your dad had shot you into a kleenex instead of your mom's gash, this board would be a much quieter place.
Does it mean he isn't alive in a parallel universe? :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

BigTuna wrote:Careful, you may hit someone with your backtracking.
:lol: Yup, I am backpedaling hard to distance myself from that absurd position I definitely, genuinely held.

Good job defending the honour and integrity of some guy who for a few years ran the hockey team you cheer for! The state of discourse on this board is richer for your complete inability to recognize anything beyond straightforward declarations of fact.
Vader
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vader »

mathonwy wrote:
If your dad had shot you into a kleenex instead of your mom's gash, this board would be a much quieter place.
Seriously, this is what this board has come to? That qualifies as a burn?

Lame
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cookie La Rue wrote:
mathonwy wrote:If your dad had shot you into a kleenex instead of your mom's gash, this board would be a much quieter place.
Does it mean he isn't alive in a parallel universe? :lol:
Stuck in the bleed between realities dodging monitors with a bearded Spock and some lunatic named Monarch on the USS Tissueprize awaiting some cataclysmic crisis to come along and weaken the source wall so they can all go home.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Vader wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
If your dad had shot you into a kleenex instead of your mom's gash, this board would be a much quieter place.

Lame
Agreed with Vader.

It's ok when we throw jabs at one another every once in awhile, but it's best not to overdo it. Particularly on this forum where Cornuck/Brian want us to conduct ourselves in a certain way. Guys like Topper and Blob obviously say some colorful things on here, but they say it well within limits. For every colorful/on-the-line comment they make, they make like 5-6 good hockey posts/thoughts.

Last thing we want is to deteroriate the quality of the forum with comments such as mathonwy's.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Vader wrote:
mathonwy wrote:

Lame
Agreed with Vader.

It's ok when we throw jabs at one another every once in awhile, but it's best not to overdo it. Particularly on this forum where Cornuck/Brian want us to conduct ourselves in a certain way. Guys like Topper and Blob obviously say some colorful things on here, but they say it well within limits. For every colorful/on-the-line comment they make, they make like 5-6 good hockey posts/thoughts.

Last thing we want is to deteroriate the quality of the forum with comments such as mathonwy's.
Thanks for being the sound board of reason Brown Knight. Whatever would we do with out you?

Maybe you should apply to be a mod here?

You DO realize that out of every 20 posts RD makes, only 1 or 2 are actually legitimate? Every other post is a troll post of some sort.

>>
RoyalDude wrote:
If Gillis drafted Karlsson instead of Hodgson

Drafted Kuznetsov instead of trading pick to Florida

How does our future look now?

You are only as good as your drafting
<<

What is the point of this idiotic post? Might as well start saying, too bad we didn't draft Jagr. Life would be so different now.

And if you want to talk about colorful comments. Is racist and homophobic comments colorful enough for you?

Before you start judging others from your padel stool, take your head out of your ass and get some perspective first.
Last edited by mathonwy on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

BigTuna wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
BigTuna wrote: When did they do this ?
Please look at the standings.
BigTuna,

For the most part, despite you being a leaves fan on here, I think your posts for the most part have been pretty good.

However - it's shit like this which is a little unbecoming.

You say 'look at the standings', but the truth of the matter is that the leaves are still not quite an elite team. They're Top 10, but still not elite.

It's ok to be proud of your team and be optimistic of the promise that they have (and the leaves have certainly earned that), but I just think it's better to be humble and cautiously optimistic at this point if I were a leaves fan. At the end of the day, you guys haven't won a playoff series in about 11-12 years if I recall correctly, while you are attempting to "look down" on a Canucks core' that has been extremely successful from 2008-2012 (i.e. achieved everything under the sun except for a Stanley Cup).

leaves have a shot of possibly doing something, but that's all it is..............a shot. Let them get results first, and then you may freely conduct yourself on here with arrogance.

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

mathonwy wrote: You DO realize that out of every 20 posts RD makes, only 1 or 2 are actually legitimate? Every other post is a troll post of some sort.
If you don't like the guy, ignore him. Period.

RD is a huge Canucks fan.

He's clearly just messing with guys like you.

I've also never seen him attack someone in a personal way on here.

RD is terrific for the boards.

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
mathonwy wrote: You DO realize that out of every 20 posts RD makes, only 1 or 2 are actually legitimate? Every other post is a troll post of some sort.
If you don't like the guy, ignore him. Period.

RD is a huge Canucks fan.

He's clearly just messing with guys like you.

I've also never seen him attack someone in a personal way on here.

RD is terrific for the boards.
While I usually consider TBK's posts as coming from a juvenile sychophant, this time I have to agree (mostly). If you don't like RD just opt to have his posts ignored so you don't see them. When he does make a rational hockey post, where he isn't frothing at the mouth like a rabid dog hot on Gillis' arse, the guy actually contributes something worth reading. In those cases you'll surely see it quoted in someone's reply and you can read it too.

And sometimes even his trollish remarks are fun to respond to when you catch while perusing the threads without logging in.....and when you engage for a bit, and finally have had enough, just ask him to back his shit up and he generally goes away in a hurry.

Where I disagree is that he is terrific for the boards. He's not terrible for them, but to the casual observer, or potential new member just checking things out, he often brings the level of conversation down to that of bountiful with his irrational rants that consistently contradict his previous opinions.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

RD continues to be one of my favourite posters on the board.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RD has been right about quite a bit actually...

He's been calling out Gillis for years and only now is everyone catching up...including myself.

When I see comments unread in the search feature, my favorite 3 assholes to read first are topps, docster and the dude....

That said they are all still assholes :scowl:
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Uncle dans leg wrote:RD has been right about quite a bit actually...

He's been calling out Gillis for years and only now is everyone catching up...including myself.

When I see comments unread in the search feature, my favorite 3 assholes to read first are topps, docster and the dude....

That said they are all still assholes :scowl:
Brown noser
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Mëds wrote:While I usually consider TBK's posts as coming from a juvenile sychophant
Lol. I don't kiss anyone's ass on here. The sychophant tag doesn't apply to me. I just tell it like it is. If I enjoy RD's character, it's because I enjoy RD's character. Not because I am trying to get into his trousers.

No argument me from in regards to the 'juvenile' moniker as I genuinely do enjoy racist and homophobic jokes, hands down. Some of my favorite comments on the board easily comes from Topper.

The Dark Indian Rises