The Fat Lady is warming Up!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: The Fat Lady is warming Up!

Post by 2Fingers »

Yo Blob are you living in the past or what?

Who in the hell remembers what they posted last week let alone a few years ago? Don't know if I should be amazed or feel sad for you? :mrgreen:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote:Yo Blob are you living in the past or what?

Who in the hell remembers what they posted last week let alone a few years ago? Don't know if I should be amazed or feel sad for you? :mrgreen:

There is a neat feature which allows one to search posts of a member or search his/her own posts. That way a person could you know maybe search their own posts to see if they posted anything really stupid in the past.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

There is a neat feature which allows one to search posts of a member or search his/her own posts. That way a person could you know maybe search their own posts to see if they posted anything really stupid in the past.
Say something stupid in the past? I don't need a feature like that to tell me I am stupid, I have Topper.

But this is a good point you raise about Canuck Nostra, missing the playoffs was the reason for gassing cheeseburglar.

Gillis is a stand up guy, shame somptin should happen to him...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Say something stupid in the past? I don't need a feature like that to tell me I am stupid, I have Topper.

But this is a good point you raise about Canuck Nostra, missing the playoffs was the reason for gassing cheeseburglar.

Gillis is a stand up guy, shame somptin should happen to him...
Yeah and that feature for digging up past posts has a name too......Strangelove.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Yeah and that feature for digging up past posts has a name too......Strangelove.
Nope that was the THINKER's specialty.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Well Blobcat, the team certainly is capable of winning 14 or more of their remaining games. Beating St Louis the other light was a good start, and a win tonight against Minnesota keeps us in a reasonable position. Any three or four game winning streaks would be killer though. One thing's for sure, we need to get hot here in a hurry.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:Well Blobcat, the team certainly is capable of winning 14 or more of their remaining games. Beating St Louis the other light was a good start, and a win tonight against Minnesota keeps us in a reasonable position. Any three or four game winning streaks would be killer though. One thing's for sure, we need to get hot here in a hurry.
By the same token any 3-4 game streak where we are losing or only getting a single point is tragic.

As it stands now we have 6 games between now and the end of March that are absolute must wins in regulation. 2 against Minnesota, and one against each of Dallas, Phoenix, Winnipeg, and Nashville. Giving up even so much as a point to any of those teams hurts our playoff chances.

Part of me would me quite content to see this team miss the playoffs and have Gillis forced to clean house.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mëds wrote:Part of me would me quite content to see this team miss the playoffs and have Gillis forced to clean house.
I like winning too much and "cleaning house" rarely happens in the NHL. If a first round miracle upset of San Jose is all I can hope for this year, then that's what I'm going to hope for.

I think we will continue to see incremental changes, which I hope will be more on the improvement side than the Booth/Ballard side.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Yah me too herb...I just can't not want to win every game..can't
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:Yah me too herb...I just can't not want to win every game..can't
Don't get me wrong, I want to win EVERY FUCKING GAME!!!! 96-0 is what I want to see from September 1st to early June going into every season. It's unrealistic, but it's what I want.

I just said I'd be content if we missed and got the results we want to see from such a thing.....
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mëds wrote:Don't get me wrong, I want to win EVERY FUCKING GAME!!!! 96-0 is what I want to see from September 1st to early June going into every season. It's unrealistic, but it's what I want.

I just said I'd be content if we missed and got the results we want to see from such a thing.....
I think the results will be the same either way. Between this year and next, I think we'll see buyout or two, some UFA signings for depth and to round out the roster, and we'll be a bit closer to seeing how close our prospects are to making an impact.

I doubt many core players will be leaving town. Big trades just don't happen all that often, and for one organization to make two or more major trades is almost unheard of. With the emergence of Tanev and Stanton, I could see a T4D being shopped, but that's about it.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:
rats19 wrote:Yah me too herb...I just can't not want to win every game..can't
Don't get me wrong, I want to win EVERY FUCKING GAME!!!! 96-0 is what I want to see from September 1st to early June going into every season. It's unrealistic, but it's what I want.

I'd feel pretty down if we missed. The post season is where the REAL hockey is played. It's for ALL of the marbles. Probability be damned, starting game 1 of the SC Finals, everyone has the exact same chance of winning the cup.

And with the caliber of goaltending that we have, anything can happen.

However, if we miss. It's a guarantee that nothing will happen. :(
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

mathonwy wrote:However, if we miss. It's a guarantee that nothing will happen. :(
Exactly.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The few posters who entertain the notion that Canucks missing the P/Os is good for the Canuck Cause...

Well let's just call them 'misguided'.
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Strangelove wrote:The few posters who entertain the notion that Canucks missing the P/Os is good for the Canuck Cause...

Well let's just call them 'misguided'.
凸(`0´)凸