Injury thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Injury thread

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:
mathonwy wrote:Important question.

When does it stop being the players and start being the coach?
I don't think head coaches are responsible for the development of the skill game at this level. I think they preach the work ethic and system while the players themselves with, perhaps, trainers/assistant coaches/personal coaches, work on their "moves". In that regard Tortorella might be a very good option for a team that is heading into re-tool/rebuild mode. The strides that Kassian has taken this season look pretty good on Tort's resume for working with young talent.

I honestly can't think of a team that has won the Stanley Cup with an offense that was driven by players who play like Hank and Daniel. Just sayin'.....
Coaches are responsible for getting the most out of a team and not crippling it in the process.

Up till this season, this Canuck didn't know whether it was in a win-now situation or if it was in a retooling phase. Mike Gillis handed out NTC's like candy while at the same time traded away roster players for prospects.

So if Torts is a good option for a team heading into a retooling mode, then why the heck all the NTC's? So Torts could use the Sedins like 21 year olds and make them retire early? :lol: I'm kidding of course.

We were 60 minutes away from winning a SC. I think you don't give the Sedins enough credit for the journey to that point.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

{Up till this season, this Canuck didn't know whether it was in a win-now situation or if it was in a retooling phase. .[/quote]

Both. Gillis stated so. His goal was to follow the "Detroit" model here...winning, competitive team while developing and bringing in young talent at the same time. Problem is the young talent has not arrived and now we can't compete.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mathonwy wrote:
Mëds wrote:
I honestly can't think of a team that has won the Stanley Cup with an offense that was driven by players who play like Hank and Daniel. Just sayin'.....

We were 60 minutes away from winning a SC. I think you don't give the Sedins enough credit for the journey to that point.
You misunderstand, I think they are good players. I think there have been many players like them who have gotten to within 60 minutes of winning a Stanley Cup.....and then not won it.

And the Sedins were pretty much non-factors against the Bruins. Blame injuries if you want, but they were non-factors.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

http://thecanuckway.com/2014/02/14/vanc ... nd-injury/

Burr, you're really making it hard for me to continue to be your number one fan. :(
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Sprained hand from yarding on a guy's hair. Fuck me. I guess he couldn't bite him with the jaw guard on. Him being your favorite player explains a lot. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sprained hand from yarding on a guy's hair. Fuck me. I guess he couldn't bite him with the jaw guard on. Him being your favorite player explains a lot. :lol:
Oh Blobby...

Stick and stones will break my bones but Burr will bite your finger if you stick it in his mouth.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Sprained hand from yarding on a guy's hair. Fuck me. I guess he couldn't bite him with the jaw guard on. Him being your favorite player explains a lot. :lol:
All because Kessel has less hair than Keith.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... --nhl.html
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Burrows to Montreal or the NYR...getr done asap.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Remember that Kovalchuk shot Kesler blocked against Russia? Kesler has apparently had an MRI on his hand, so I assume all is not OK.

Sounds like the Hair Puller and Tanev may be good to go tonight.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I read about the MRI on Kesler's hand, could also be a case of over caution to be able to collect Olympic/IIHF insurance instead of the team insurer.

Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Topper wrote:I read about the MRI on Kesler's hand, could also be a case of over caution to be able to collect Olympic/IIHF insurance instead of the team insurer.

No doubt that could be the case, but Kesler was a hurting unit during the Canada game. Given the guy's history, I'd rather he get back to 100%, regardless of what it does to Torts' mental state. ;)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by black ace »

TVA Sports (the same people who said Kesler was going to be traded) reporting that D Sedin will be out at least 3 weeks.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

black ace wrote:TVA Sports (the same people who said Kesler was going to be traded) reporting that D Sedin will be out at least 3 weeks.
TSN reporting that he is going for an MRI on an injury believed NOT to be related to his knee and that there is NO TIME-FRAME for his return.

You go TVA Sports. :P
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Looked like he was holding the hamstring area when he went down.

This could be a good thing for Hank and the PP. Forces Hank to look elsewhere or shoot :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need