Canucks News and Notes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News and Notes

Post by herb »

Hockey Widow wrote:She don't look like no Christian woman to me. :mrgreen: more like a temptress.
I was thinking more like an adult movie star...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Cornuck wrote:I'm guessing Booth had to propose while he still had a job.
Luckily for Booth, he shouldn't need a job once he gets his $3M buyout cheque in July (not to mention the earnings he has made to date)...it could be all hunting, all the time for Davey boy come summer 2014!
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Whoa, he bagged a beaut this time!
Any idea of the bait?

Millions in buyout, plenty of free time......
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I would have thought Miss teen South Carolina and D Booth would have made an excellent match
:lol:

I personally believe that US Americans, such as the David Booth, are unable to be productive hockey players because many US Americans don’t have maps. I believe if our coaching was, uh, better, in everywhere such as, Tampa Bay, that our coaching here in Vancouver should help the education in the Swiss and German leagues to be able to build up our future.
Lmao herb that was gold
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Sounds like Nick Jensen is starting to find his scoring touch and getting a bit of confidence in his game as he recently had a hat trick. Hopefully he's going in the right direction and maybe we'll see him play with the big squad again for a couple games after the break. :)

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id ... L|VAN|home
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Daniel scores! :D 2-0 Sweden.

Let's hope he can take this back to Vancouver when the games are over.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Per wrote:Daniel scores! :D 2-0 Sweden.

Nice, gratz Per. Who is Dank playing with?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Per wrote:Daniel scores! :D 2-0 Sweden.

Nice, gratz Per. Who is Dank playing with?
Loui Eriksson and Nicklas Bäckström, most of the time, but Mårts is mixing it up a bit since the two centres he was building the top two lines around - Henrik Sedin and Henrik Zetterberg - are both injured, so he has had to improvise a bit. We only had ten forwards playing in this game, and eight D... :|
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Per wrote: Loui Eriksson and Nicklas Bäckström, most of the time, but Mårts is mixing it up a bit since the two centres he was building the top two lines around - Henrik Sedin and Henrik Zetterberg - are both injured, so he has had to improvise a bit. We only had ten forwards playing in this game, and eight D... :|
Should get interesting as the tourney goes on. I can't imagine the Finns being an "easy" game for Sweden, given their lack of man-power.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Per wrote: Loui Eriksson and Nicklas Bäckström, most of the time, but Mårts is mixing it up a bit since the two centres he was building the top two lines around - Henrik Sedin and Henrik Zetterberg - are both injured, so he has had to improvise a bit. We only had ten forwards playing in this game, and eight D... :|
Should get interesting as the tourney goes on. I can't imagine the Finns being an "easy" game for Sweden, given their lack of man-power.
Oops! My bad! :oops:

I was looking at the official score sheet on a pdf file, and it for some stupid reason cut off three players, who were at the bottom of the first page. Then the second page had headlines, name of the coach etc, above the rest of the players. Confused me. There were 13 forwards dressed. Sorry for spreading desinformation. :(
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Sedin, who returned to practise with the Canucks on Friday, has done absolutely no second-guessing of his decision to shut it down and rest a rib injury he suffered Jan. 16 in Phoenix.

“Once I got a few days into the break where I felt like I (still) wasn’t close to 100 per cent it made it feel better,” Sedin said. “It was a tough decision, like I said, but it would have felt awful toward my teammates and myself and Team Sweden to go over there and not be at 100 per cent.”

He may not yet be 100 per cent, but you get the sense he is close. After skating Wednesday and Thursday with other injured players, Sedin joined the main group at Friday’s practice and showed no ill effects.

“I was very pleased with the practice and how I felt,” Sedin said. “Everything is going the way I wanted it to go, so that’s good.”

Barring any setbacks, he expects to be ready when the Canucks begin their post-Olympic schedule against the St. Louis Blues at Rogers Arena.

“Right now it feels like it’s a possibility, for sure,” he said. “We’ll take it day by day. Like I said, I felt good today with my shooting, skating and some contact, so it was very positive.”

There was more good news for coach John Tortorella on Friday as defenceman Kevin Bieksa also returned to practice. Bieksa is believed to have suffered a right-foot fracture some time last month and he hasn’t played since Jan. 29.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

So on the eve of the gold medal game, Torts comes out and slams Team Canada saying he doesn't give a "sh--" about them and he hopes Sweden wins.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hope+ ... story.html

Sometimes, Torts just seems kind of dumb. Why say something like that when 99.9999% of the Canuck fan base is cheering for Team Canada?
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

He says this shit for all the lap dogs and sheep in this town because they eat this crap up. Which one are you a lap dawg or a sheep ?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:So on the eve of the gold medal game, Torts comes out and slams Team Canada saying he doesn't give a "sh--" about them and he hopes Sweden wins.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/hope+ ... story.html

Sometimes, Torts just seems kind of dumb. Why say something like that when 99.9999% of the Canuck fan base is cheering for Team Canada?
:lol:

Yeah, Torts saying he cares about his players more than the teams is really provocative. What are Canucks fans going to think about the fact that he cares about Canuck players?