The Fork in the Road

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What road do you think the Canucks should, or need to, take?

Major rebuild
15%
Minor rebuild
13%
Significant retooling (5 or more roster spots)
36%
Minor retooling (4 or less roster spots)
26%
Minor tweak (this is a contender with some minor depth issues)
10%

Total votes: 39

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Fork in the Road

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Well you see, my pal Dave besmirched Burr's production in last year's abomination of a season.

He belittled Burr's relative contribution in last year's aberration!

Behold, our bedfellow's behavior was that of a befuddled bedeviled bedwetting beggar on the road to bedlam!

So yeah, the Great Strangelove is here to help with dat dere...
DBR may be your bed fellow.

I don't have fellows in my bed.
Hockey politics on a fucking Canucks message board makes Strange bedfellows. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Why so much talk about bed-fellows, and fellows in bed? :mad:

This isn't a Toronto Maple leaves site for Christ sakes.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

The Exact Opposite Strategy of a Rebuild

The Exact Opposite Strategy of a Rebuild

If Gillis and the Canucks do decide to keep this core, then here is one idea I have.

Trade Edler, Horvat, and Shinkaruk for a Top line player that can play with Kesler. This new top line player forms the NEW number one line for the team playing alongside Kesler.

Sedins' and Burrows ride shotgun on the #2 line.

The twins are no longer superstars first line players. At best, they are now average first line players. However - under the right circumstances - I think they can be excellent 2nd line players...............similar to 2005/2006 (where they could even be considered co#1 line).

If the Gillis and the Canucks are going to stay loyal to this core, then that is FINE. However - the twins can no longer be our #1 line if this is to happen. Kesler and *insert big dick player right here* needs to form the new top line. Edler/Horvat/Shinkaruk can be used as a trade to bring in said *big dick player*.

The Dark Indian Rises
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yes i need to settle down I'm turning purple with rage. :lol:
I am no bandwagoner mathony. Especially when it comes to this player. I have never been a huge fan.
I can vouch for Blob on this. Him and I have had several conversations over the years about the hair pulling (2X), crotch kneeing, biting, squeeky voiced sunovabitch. I'm not a huge fan either. I can tolerate his schtick when he's putting up goals and blocking shots, but not anymore.
Fair enough. I too am definitely NOT a fan of the bitch side of Burrows. Burrows, Kesler, Luo, Sedins, not exactly the manliest of men and I can definitely see how the traditional hockey fan can "hate" the Canucks and can take great pleasure in seeing us fail this season.

But I still hold fondly to the memories of the 09/10 season when we went on that 14 day road trip and the SSB line was born. And to top it off, he fucking scored the winning OT goal in game 7 against the Hawks!!!! After getting bounced two times in a row by fucking douche bag Kane and friends, Burr slays the dragon with a clutch goal on the level of Bure's against the Flames.

Bure definitely had his bitch side too. The difference was there was no high def back then. :lol:

herb wrote: I've seen enough. Dude is about to turn thirty-fucking-three. His eye-hand coordination and skating were never great to begin with, and these things are going downhill first. Get what you can for him now and pencil in Shinkaruk or somebody young for next year to take his place.
Big deal. Alfy's 41 and still producing. MSL's 38 and on the Olympic team. Age is just a number and Burr has never been lacking in the physical fitness department.

Burr's HAND-eye coordination and skating were never great to begin with? Really? You have awfully high standards Herb ma boy. Burr's hand-eye coordination is much better than the average 3rd liner and same for his skating. If I may ask, who are you comparing him to in these two departments?
herb wrote: Can I also point out that this team had the #1 PK for much of this year when Burrows was not in the lineup. I don't buy this notion that Burrows is a 'great' 3rd line guy who would really help out our team at $4.5M. Key players in the success of the PK this year have been much lesser paid guys like Richardson, Higgins, Santorelli and Hansen.
I wouldn't use this season as an example of anything except for what happens to teams that get hit with the injury bug in a big way and have shitty drafting records.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Exact Opposite Strategy of a Rebuild

Post by mathonwy »

[quote="The Brown Knight"][/quote]
Stop saying dick ok?
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

mathonwy wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
Stop saying dick ok?
My apologies friend.

I know the word 'dick' creates some inner turmoil within your subconscious, and so I will adhere to your wish and cease and desist. :-p

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Knight wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
Stop saying dick ok?
My apologies friend.

I know the word 'dick' creates some inner turmoil within your subconscious, and so I will adhere to your wish and cease and desist. :-p
Don't give in so easy, dicker with him a bit and get the best deal possible.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:Don't give in so easy, dicker with him a bit and get the best deal possible.
But if he gets a reputation for a large quantity of dickering people will think he's niggardly.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

dbr wrote:
Topper wrote:Don't give in so easy, dicker with him a bit and get the best deal possible.
But if he gets a reputation for a large quantity of dickering people will think he's niggardly.
You and Topper both raise excellent points, but here is my point of view:

The last thing I want to do on here is be 'spineless' and give into the demands of others. As dbr points out, this definitely would make me look niggardly while exposing some of proverbial 'chinks in the armour' of mine.

As far as Mathonwy goes, I'm not catering into his demands out of fear.........but rather, to uphold the quality of the boards. Long story short - there will be less 'dick' references from me in the future.

The Dark Indian Rises
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The chink in the armour has developed into a large gash.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Topper wrote:The chink in the armour has developed into a large gash.
Hindu's have mystical healing powers derived from Cow's milk and so my large gash is merely an illusion to the untrained eye.

The Dark Indian Rises
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Hindu's have mystical healing powers derived from Cow's milk and so my large gash is merely an illusion to the untrained eye.
An approach that shouldn't be a surprise.

After all ....

.... reincarnation is making a comeback.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Stop saying gash ok?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Knight wrote:Why so much talk about bed-fellows, and fellows in bed? :mad:
OMG he's worse than Hitler!!! Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Strangelove wrote:
Stop saying gash ok?
Now now Strangelove.

There is no need to be sarcastic.

Mathonwy has clearly had a very traumatic experience in this thread and I think it's imperative that we as a community show Mathonwy good support and encouragement during what I imagine to be very trying and emotional times for him.

The Dark Indian Rises